Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

06 Expy 4x4 issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2014, 06:50 PM
New User

chaostoday is starting off with a positive reputation.
06 Expy 4x4 issues

I have a 06 Expy EB with 4x4 issues. I have no A4WD, 4x4 high or 4x4 low.
The 4x4 high light flashes every few mins while driving in A4WD or 4x4 high but the unit is not in 4WD. Tonight I was just spinning in the snow as the front was not engaged even though it was switched on.

I have an ABS light on due to a bad right rear speed sensor and wont have the part till next week. Is this related? Is it causing my 4WD not to work?

I also have a slipping OD in transmission and it pops in and out and rumbles at around 40MPH. Any thoughts? Would love to know a flush would fix but I'm thinking torque convertor or other trans issue. I'm very unhappy about that one. Have a feeling it's going to spell thousands.....

Please help
Old 01-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to behold
There are several things it could be, but the most likely is the rear speed sensor on the back of the transfer case.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:16 AM
New User

Jesuslovesu2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2005 Navi and the 4wd 4hi or 4L will not work, it lights up but definitely does not engage. My 07 f150 makes a click when the switch is moved but the navi does not. we bought the Navi a week ago and had a tire sensor fault on the message center and abs light on but could not figure out the problem so I took the battery cables off for 10 minutes and it seems to have cleared the abs, tire sensor fault problem but 4wd will not engage. What did you do to fix yours and did it help?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuslovesu2 View Post
I have a 2005 Navi and the 4wd 4hi or 4L will not work, it lights up but definitely does not engage. My 07 f150 makes a click when the switch is moved but the navi does not.
You will only hear a clunk noise when shifting between 4hi and 4low. If it does not make the noise then either there's a blown fuse or the shift motor on the back of the transfer case is not working.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:04 AM