Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2014, 07:12 AM
Senior User

Giesterfarher™ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
For me I don't really have any objections to second truck you posted. As long as it was safely built I think of that one more of a hot rod. The first one, the bus, looks pretty good but I feel the windows could offer poor vision and I don't like the rust look. The rat rods I just can't stand are the death traps that are cobbled together with booger welds with sharp, jagged pieces of metal tacked on. To me those types of vehicles are built just for the shock value.
I couldn't agree with you more, Bob. Most guys, I'm sure, are building Rat Rods because it's the "In" thing to to do, with no idea of what they are doing. They see the money people are paying for them and think they can slap crap together and make a bundle. I see tons on them on Face Book in a handful of Rat Rod groups I'm in. I have to laugh at some of the RR I see built with gigantic engines and superchargers and 4 inch tall windshields. No way could they ever be driven safely. In my opinion, they are just interesting art. Much the same as a lot of the current fad custom motorcycles being built are. Way too long and low to ride comfortably, much less safely, but they look cool.

I really do like the bus though. If it was mine, I would have camera's mounted with screens inside to offset the lack of window visibility.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:22 AM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Yeah that bus rod just doesn't quite work. Looking at that one got me thinking, most of the rat rods aren't built for driving. I just don't understand why someone would spend that much time and money on a show piece. I just can't think that way.
The hot rod truck looks to be well built and is a nice homage to the Flying Tigers. Would I want it...no not really, but it looks like they did quality work.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Senior User

Giesterfarher™ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truth be told, the ones I really like are the track inspired ones. I always liked the short oval track racers.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Senior User

1958 Ford F250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Daniel Escarra
WHOA Pretty Cool !!!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks