Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
second from the left is a hand vise, often used to hold small items while cutting, filing etc that were too small or difficult to hold in your hand. The open end wrench (far left) may have fit a specific fitting or nut etc or may have been a general purpose wrench.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 01-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracer View Post
second from the left is a hand vise, often used to hold small items while cutting, filing etc that were too small or difficult to hold in your hand.
My uncle had one of these that he called a Third Hand.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Dawg, please pardon the hijack.

Here's an old tool that I've had laying around for quite awhile. Has anyone seen one of these? What is it? whats it used for? I have it sitting next to a pocket screwdriver for reference.

Thanks
Attached Images

1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 01-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Elder User

1oldtimer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sadly I have an old tool problem. I buy them at swapmeets, online and even antique malls. I use them everyday at work, then use the rest at home, even have old equipment. All my tools will out last me and go to someone else.

http://www.garagejournal.com/
Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Floyd's Servant '55 F100

fabieber is starting off with a positive reputation.
The tool on the bottom is an adjustable wrench. You simply open the jaws, put it over any size nut (within its opening range) and whether tightening or loosening, when you push down on the handle the top teeth grab and lock the nut between the top and bottom teeth. It is quick in that it automatically adjusts and grabs much better than a crescent wrench. I actually use the one I have quite often particularly in tight spots where the crescent wrench can't grab as well.

When my dad died in 1990 my brother and I were tasked by our mother to empty his little woodworking shop. There was an unfinished table leg in his wood lathe. I still have it...will always keep it and it seems like yesterday when I found it. Great memories come from things that are practically worthless to others.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Welder User

tinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabieber View Post
There was an unfinished table leg in his wood lathe. I still have it...will always keep it and it seems like yesterday when I found it. Great memories come from things that are practically worthless to others.
Yup, the objects probably have little value, but bring back strong memories, and that makes them priceless. Which is why I still have all of my dad's tools, old trucks, and even the hat he wore.....
Call me sentimental I guess.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...uck-build.html
"you can call a pig a duck, but that won't make it quack!"
Old 02-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Elder User

1oldtimer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just got another one, a 1928 south bend 9" junior. I still have to put the drive belt on.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:07 PM