Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2014, 02:18 AM
Junior User

WA F250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question BD Chip/tune ID help needed

Click the image to open in full size.Hi, Can anyone out there positively ID this chip/tune can??
I know the computer code is QHL2 but I am assuming I have a BD XRM = ???hp/???tq. I have my Hydrachip on the way and when I sell this on I want to ensure I can honestly represent what it is.

Thanks
Glenn

Sorry having trouble trying to upload the picture, grrrrrrrr
I have uploaded pic in my albums
In the box waiting on time to do, JWVB, FRx, Moto Metal 951 16x9, 3" lift kit, 8x remote reservoir shocks, pocket flares,PHP Hydra Chip, replacement chrome door handles, Ladder/Traction bars, Halo head lights, blacked out mesh grill, Rock Ram steering assist with dual steering stabalizer. I JUST NEED SHED TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hi Glen,

the 'QHL2' is your truck's factory PCM code (which BTW is the same as my truck's).

You won't be able to sell your stock unit because the Hydra chip piggy-backs onto your stock PCM board.

When you ordered your Hydra you would have had to quote your 'QHL2' code on the order form. When your Hydra arrives it will tell you the equivlent code on the web-site to take tunes from. You then download your selected tunes from the web-site onto your new Hydra chip, then fit the chip to your vehicle.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 01-14-2014, 04:35 AM
Junior User

Hi Simon,

Thanks for that. I was going to sell just the plug in chip. I don't see how that will effect my truck as long as the buyer has the same PCM code????? I have also asked if I can get an extension with the ribbon cable or I will have to find a way when the package gets to me. Does it look like a standard connection that could be simply added onto via jumper cable? I am sure I will probably have a few more questions when I get home and find time to start this install.
In the box waiting on time to do, JWVB, FRx, Moto Metal 951 16x9, 3" lift kit, 8x remote reservoir shocks, pocket flares,PHP Hydra Chip, replacement chrome door handles, Ladder/Traction bars, Halo head lights, blacked out mesh grill, Rock Ram steering assist with dual steering stabalizer. I JUST NEED SHED TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think I get you - you already have a plug in chip fitted which you're replacing with the Hydra - right?

With regards to the ribbon cable, before you fit the Hydra take the ribbon cable they sent you to a computer shop and see if they have or can make one with the same sockets 2m in length. If they can then order 2 cause I'll buy one off you!

I was so busting to put my Hydra in I didn't bother trying to source another ribbon cable. I enquired from PHP but never got a reponse. From reading the US bro's website, it seems PHP are totally snowed under with business and haven't got time to deal with small-fry requests.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Junior User

Simon, Correct.
Can you send me a pic of the cable and plug? My brother is an IT guy and he may be able to ID it ahead of time and order some!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter