Opportunity to test it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Opportunity to test it?

2015 Ford F-150 Pickup Truck | The Future of Tough | Ford.com

midway down the page there is a part that says you can apply to test "you test". I am at work and it won't let me click it but interesting to say the least.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:07 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
From the link:

Help us prove out the new F‑150 where it matters most—in the real world. Tell us how you test your truck's capability and we might just stop by for a visit with the all-new 2015 F‑150. We will be creating real-life tests of real truck owners. So, tell us your story.
The text box for your response is limited to 500 characters so brevity is your friend.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:37 AM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
I couldn't open it from my work computer so have to wait until I get to my room. Good to know lol

Old 01-17-2014, 12:48 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Man I'd love to put that truck through it paces. I just can't think of a reason that I think that they'd think was a good enough reason for them to give me a test truck. But boy I could and would test and stress the truck well enough though. Better yet they should give one to my dad. If it could withstand half the abuse he put his 77 through it would one he** of a truck. I know the 90 150 he bought to replace the 77 didn't even last him 5 years. And that was after a complete rebuild of that truck. The 77 last him 25 years of pure and total abuse.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:23 PM
total_telecom
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
many years and a great many purchasers of this vehicle are going to be only true test. However with the combination of a lot of the things I see ford doing I don't think these trucks will stand the test of time. Nor do I think Ford wants them to stand the test of time . A 2.7 L V6 turbo engine with start stop technology? It's supposed to be a truck! Ford doesn't care about the reliability or dependability of their vehicles beyond the initial warranty period. Can you get them to take ownership for stupid things that all of our trucks suffer from? I won't dream of buying one . If you're considering it I recommend a 24 month lease.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:41 AM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Troll

Originally Posted by total_telecom
many years and a great many purchasers of this vehicle are going to be only true test. However with the combination of a lot of the things I see ford doing I don't think these trucks will stand the test of time. Nor do I think Ford wants them to stand the test of time . A 2.7 L V6 turbo engine with start stop technology? It's supposed to be a truck! Ford doesn't care about the reliability or dependability of their vehicles beyond the initial warranty period. Can you get them to take ownership for stupid things that all of our trucks suffer from? I won't dream of buying one . If you're considering it I recommend a 24 month lease.

Just got done reading this troll thread. I hope he goes away or answers my Prius Question.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:33 AM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,358 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Ford is putting new ideas in their new models because that's what the majority of purchasers want these days. They want new technology and gadgets. If they didn't do this, they would probably lose market share because the other manufacturers would leave them behind with their new technology. Ford has to continue to evolve in order to remain #1 and I think they are doing a good job with it.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:53 AM
total_telecom
Freshman User
Originally Posted by donovan
Just got done reading this troll thread. I hope he goes away or answers my Prius Question.
What prius question. And why are you calling me a troll? Because i have had issues with my fords and dont think they are building good stuff? I cant wait to see one of you guys on here bitching about start stop tech when your battery is weak, lol. its going to be hilarious.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:59 AM
RISUPERCREWMAN
Senior User
Bingo! I personally would not want to own any twin turbo gasser after the warranty period was up!

Old 01-19-2014, 12:38 PM
redford
Received 1,550 Likes on 905 Posts
What prius question. And why are you calling me a troll? Because i have had issues with my fords and dont think they are building good stuff? I cant wait to see one of you guys on here bitching about start stop tech when your battery is weak, lol. its going to be hilarious.
They are calling you a troll because you're acting like a troll.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

You have no experience with the 2015 F-150 but you are here on this forum badmouthing it. Classic trolling.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
offtopic....this thread was about discovering there was an opportunity to test this truck and put it out there to the forum where to find it. if you want to create a thread about how much you hate the trucks or every issue you had start your own thread and make sure you are in the right year of F150 when you do it.

EDIT: wait a second. you ALREADY did start a bashing thread. stay in it if you aren't going to stay on topic. No need to spread your trolling into my thread.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:37 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
......hum.......harm no...but the other.. that is why you are here, we already established that

DO STAY on topic
I think it's good to stimulate conversation. And to be honest from marketing perspective it's probably exactly what ford wants. My belief was always that forums are in place to express Dischord, share information whether it be positive thoughts or not, everyone's entitled to an opinion. However it's not my problem of some people can't control their own emotions. It was never my intent to harm or upset anyone. And believe me I know trucks very well, I've built several. I'm very disappointed with what you get for your dollar with these newer trucks. Take a look at your upper and lower control arms for example, they look like they came from a Toyota Corolla .

Last edited by IB Tim; 01-19-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
thank you for the admin assist sir

Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 PM
GuyGene
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I signed up to be a tester - the rest of y'all - please, do not sing up! Heheheheheeee, now wouldn't that be the ticket! Get to drive one of these! I'd like to take that new 2.7 Ecoboost!