Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2014, 06:44 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I am afraid there is more going here then just a driveway fix. Put a true oil pressure guage on it is one idea.

Oil pump is on the front of the motor. Perhaps an issue. Clogged pickup tube maybe.

Do you have a code reader? Perhaps a code is also stored that may give a clue.

I might even suggest pulling the oil filter housing and seeing if you can determine anything.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 01-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Senior User

PSDx3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What is the oil level on the dipstick? What kind of oil is in it?
Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 AM
New User

binhtran is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post
I am afraid there is more going here then just a driveway fix. Put a true oil pressure guage on it is one idea.

Oil pump is on the front of the motor. Perhaps an issue. Clogged pickup tube maybe.

Do you have a code reader? Perhaps a code is also stored that may give a clue.

I might even suggest pulling the oil filter housing and seeing if you can determine anything.
no codes but the owner of the truck did tell me when he do his oil changes he does not always change his filter he would change his filters every 2-3 times he changes his oil
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDx3 View Post
What is the oil level on the dipstick? What kind of oil is in it?
oil is full im not sure what kind of oil it is.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:51 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
This is obviously is a lack of maintance and owner awareness. And now you get to fix it. This is sounding more and more like a rebuild or a crate motor needed.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 01-13-2014, 02:33 PM
New User

Quote:
This is obviously is a lack of maintance and owner awareness. And now you get to fix it. This is sounding more and more like a rebuild or a crate motor needed.

what i found the inner part has marks all around it
Old 01-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Elder User

GHeTTo JOe is starting off with a positive reputation.
so did you find any metal that caused that? does not look like needle bearing carnage from other pictures i have seen. so is your plan to put in a new geroter
oil pump and see what it does?
2008 F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4x4 Auto 6.4L H&S Black Maxx. 4" Straight Pipe. 295/65R20 Toyo Open Country A/T II XTreme. High Idle Uplifter Switch 152K Miles http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/f-250...ettojoe/292804
SOLD1994 F-250 Super Cab 4x4 E4OD 7.3L Ford Turbo IDI Banks 2.5" DP. Hypermax cowl air induction system. 193,000miles Straight Pipe. New Front Spring Shackles! Trip Gauge A Pillar Pod
Old 01-13-2014, 07:53 PM

I think I would be looking in the pan at the pick up screen as well.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:18 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHeTTo JOe View Post
so did you find any metal that caused that? does not look like needle bearing carnage from other pictures i have seen. so is your plan to put in a new geroter
oil pump and see what it does?
Quote:
I think I would be looking in the pan at the pick up screen as well.
well guys i got the problem fixed. I went ahead and changed out oil pump i drop the oil pan check the screen/pick up line seems to be ok i did blow air thru where the line goes to see if anything was clogged put it back together and oil is now flowing. Thanks for the help guys
Old 01-16-2014, 02:52 PM

Thanks for reporting back. Glad you got it fixed.

Most likey it was oil starvation from an improper filter and lack of maintance as well.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Senior User

PSDx3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good Job Binhtran! If you had taken it to a Ford Dealer they would have rebuilt the motor for you to fix the problem. Hope that is the only part damaged, but, time will tell.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel