Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2014, 03:15 PM
New User

Bsharp76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
4WheelParts Store Ripoff's!!!

So I have a 2013 F250 6.7 Diesel. As it has been discussed before, the rear suspension is soft and the solution is going to be Airbags.

I have decided on adding the Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate w/Internal Jounce Bumper, Part # 88396. 4 Wheel Parts doesn't have the 5000 Ultimate kit online but has the Loadlifter 5000 for $350.99. I have found The Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate cheaper through Summit Racing for $331.40. Keep in mind that's the better kit and it's still cheaper than the basic Kit that 4 Wheel Parts has. I'm going to operate it with the Air Lift WirelessOne remote system w/onboard compressor, Part # 25870. 4 Wheel Parts price is $350.99 and Summit Racing is $289.68. So I went to the local 4 Wheel Parts store here in Indianapolis, Indiana. I first asked them if they priced match on their products and they said, "sure as long as its not from Amazon or Ebay or something like that." Great its from Summit racing I said. Before I event showed them Summit's pricing, he shows me the best they could do. Their price was still over $50 more between both products and they said I wouldn't qualify for the manufacturer rebates since they had to discount the price. I looked on Summit Racing site and I would be able to get $100 in rebates so a total saving of $150 if I bought through Summit Racing.

Ok 4 Wheel Parts, how about if I bring in the parts that I buy from Summit Racing and have you install them. They said I would get a discount in labor if I bought the product from them. Ok, what is the labor before discount? $135/hr they said.. THAT'S INSANE!! It would be $95/hr if I bought the product from them. Well how long would it take to install these two items I asked. they told me 5-6 hours. Funny I said....Manufacturer suggests 2 hours for the Airbag Kit and 1 Hour for the Remote kit. So they want to charge me $40 more an hour and 3 additional hours if I brought my own parts??? RIP OFFS!!!

Where do you all go for these kind of installs? Local Ford Dealers possibly?
Old 01-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Post Fiend

2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation
Most of those kits are pretty easy to install yourself, no?

Be a cold in hell before I pay someone 135$/hr
Old 01-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Post Fiend

2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation
Id do it myself personally if I was saving that kinda dough..

Old 01-07-2014, 03:49 PM
New User

sidewinder770 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just got the same thing for my 2009 F350 (ecept the kit number was 88398). Got the kit from summit and the wireless one from Amazon as it was cheaper. I didn't even think about bringing it somewhere to have it installed because I knew it would be at least $400 to pay someone else to put it in. Going over to my buddies house Saturday to install and will cost me a 12 pack of beer and have fun doing it at the same time. Of course with the beers it may take more like 6 or 7 hours......maybe 8
Old 01-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Postmaster

SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.SuperDutyScaler has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder770 View Post
Going over to my buddies house Saturday to install and will cost me a 12 pack of beer and have fun doing it at the same time. Of course with the beers it may take more like 6 or 7 hours......maybe 8
I hear that!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

2004 F-350, XLT, SC, SB, FX4, 5.4, 4R100 w/ .472 line mod valve & TransGo HD2 reprogramming kit, 4.30 gears w/ Detroit locker, zoo dad mod w/ STOCK intake, Gibson stainless headers, SPD y-pipe, 51509 cat, Borla 3" exhaust, 1" rear AAL, dually upper and lower overload spring, 08 diff cover, ProComp 22210 springs, more.....
Old 01-07-2014, 05:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty