Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 PM
New User

g2outfitter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford Denied Claim under Warranty Help.

I have a 2012 F350 King Ranch FX4 20k miles 6.7 I had a power folding mirror stop working on driver side. I took it to ford dealership for warranty claim and DENIED because there was a pencil eraser size black mark where either a rock hit it or someone opened there mirror on it. First off neither could have caused a mirror power function to break. Its intermittent and second I thought this is a Heavy Duty truck. $65,000 dollar truck and this is the customer service you get. I have owned 8 SD trucks and have never had this happen before.

I called Ford Customer Service today and they told dealership to re submit pictures.lady Diane was outstanding, friendly and nice. Who knows what they submit. A picture that makes this minor mark look huge zoomed in and a issue or actual size. Any suggestions if they deny claim again? Im 100% that the mirror stopped working Manufacture defect and not because something slammed into it. And yes if I had hit and damaged on something I wouldnt exspect a claim. Im a honest hard working guy that has been smart with my money and has worked every day since i was 14. And only way I can afford anything nice and dont exspect handouts. But whats right is right. Im ****** enough he showed me the mark, if you know what I mean. I appreciate any help or any ford employees opinion. I strongly feel that this is the dealer and not Ford. I have never had a issue with anything and why I have bought so many Superduty's in years past.

Thanks Coy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Any help appreciated
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-06-2014, 11:52 PM
New User

g2outfitter is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was going to post pics but not sure how yet this is my first post. Here is my link to another post that suggested to post here. It shows the pics.

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...d.php?t=756905
Ford Denied Warranty Claim Help
Old 01-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
heres image help for ya
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Postmaster

Dakster is a splendid one to beholdDakster is a splendid one to beholdDakster is a splendid one to beholdDakster is a splendid one to beholdDakster is a splendid one to beholdDakster is a splendid one to beholdDakster is a splendid one to beholdDakster is a splendid one to behold
Did you speak to the service manager at the dealership? And then the owner or general manager of the whole dealership. Sounds a little chincy to me. Especially since you are under warranty and they will still get paid to fix it. A different dealer may be better to try too. I had a problem with the rear tailgate step cover when my truck was very new. One dealer wouldn't fix it, said it was my fault, and yet another ended up fixing it when I brought the truck for other issues. They seemed happy to do some additional, easy work under warranty.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
that mark is tiny...but the paint smudge above it is pretty telling. I have a similar mark on my passenger mirror where my wife tried taking out the Starbucks Drivethrough roof pillar...grrrrr!

anyways, these mirrors have a breakaway feature to hopefully prevent damage in the case of you hitting something. when you do fold the mirrors manually, it causes the mirrors to lose their sense of position.

based on that smudge mark above the "dent"...I'm going out on a limb here and going to say you, or someone "manually" folded that mirror

you need to try and recalibrate your power fold mirror. I had that problem on my Cadillac and thought the thing was broken as well. I couldn't find the re-calibration procedure for your truck...maybe ask the Dealership?
Old 01-07-2014, 01:27 AM
Freshman User

onlydjmac is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the same problem with my New-to- me 2011 f250 that I bought last week. I went to adjust dr side mirror to drive the new baby home and it didnt work.
However since I just bought it and wasn't off the lot the dealer said no problem and got it fixed up.

I would go for a second opinion at another dealer.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
I can tell you from experience that if you hit something hard enough to break the mechanism, it would SHOW - big time...

And I had a doofus car wash guy push my mirrors in before I could stop him ...

thank goodness it just ratcheted in (it's designed to do that without damage!) and worked fine once I did this real hard re-sync procedure

if this doesn't do it, let them know what you think of them... post the dealers name so we can avoid them, and go to another dealer !

all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 01-07-2014, 10:00 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
welcome to FTE.
it sounds like Ford did not deny your warranty claim, the dealership you went to did.
try another dealership that actually cares about their customers.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Senior User

Biscayne is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would suggest finding another dealer. In my opinion and experience, Ford is bad about making it extremely difficult for dealers to get reimbursed for the warranty claims. There are standard procedures, helplines, engineering assistance, TSBs etc, all things that make the list of hurdles treacherous for a dealer to show that beyond a shadow of a doubt it is a valid warranty claim. If they don't prove it....they don't get reimbursed for correcting Ford's mistakes. If the dealer is unfamiliar with the procedures, been burned by ford corporate before or lazy, they may not feel it is worth the trouble. Some dealers make their living off sales, some off service and some on customer service (which works into both of those). A different dealer may put more effort into helping you. Just my .02

2000 F-350 4WD CCSB, PHP 6 pos, 6637 intake, hutch/harpoon mod.
Mama's 2009 Expedition EL 4WD
2002 F-250 4WD Extended Cab --sold
2001 F-250 Crew Cab 2WD -- sold
2001 F-250 4WD Extended Cab--Sold
Old 01-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2outfitter View Post
I have a 2012 F350 King Ranch FX4 20k miles 6.7 I had a power folding mirror stop working on driver side. I took it to ford dealership for warranty claim and DENIED because there was a pencil eraser size black mark where either a rock hit it or someone opened there mirror on it...
I want to look into this, g2outfitter. Send me your information so I can research some ways to help; in your PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll get to work.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
Old 01-07-2014, 10:37 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Crystal, as a new member with only 2 posts he does not have PM capabilities yet.
he will only be able to email you.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:37 AM