1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Work Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 02:10 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Work Trucks

Undeniably Ford owns the "work truck" sector.
Do you drive a superduty for work? Other than your personal vehicle of course...
What do you drive? Perks? How do you like it?

We have a fleet of 100ish E350 SRW and DRW ambulances, and a few odd *****, like 2 Ford Escapes, one Freighliner van Cab/Chassis ambulance (sold), one F250, and a Chevy Silverado. Since the discontinuation of the diesel E-Series our fleet has been augmented by some Chevy Express diesel vans, much to the dismay of the crews and mechanics.

My personal unit has well over 300,000 miles, which is the top end of the spectrum for our fleet, but it runs fine. In fact, they just purged the fleet of all units older than 2006 and with more than 250,000 miles. Mine made the cut because it runs flawlessly.

On the flip side, our Chevys have been mostly set to "reserve unit" status because they are so disliked, and are only used when an in-service unit breaks down or is out of service for a PM (Preventative Maintenance). The Chevys seem to be plagued with mechanical problems as well as ride issues (which is why the crews hate them). Just the other day I was sent to go rescue and return a downed unit. Turned out to be a Chevy. 25,000 miles and in limp mode...

Also, you will see one non ford eye sore in the second picture... Company Prius...
So lets see those work trucks!

Old 01-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is my baby.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Use the super duty for the big loads (wasn't a big load pictured but only truck available at time):

This is to be our work truck once we finish up some small things (one with brush guard):
89 F250 4x4 flatbed 351W ZF5 trans 4.30 gears love it I am the only one who has driven it. But working on it sometimes ticks me off (150K miles and most of everything is original.)

and small runs for parts and such:
85 Chevy G20 sportvan 305 with 454 carb. Awesome van to drive tons of power and looks nice to. Don't have a good pic of that.

The superduty should become a good truck again once we get the 89 going. Everything else is our good truck.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:42 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My company mainly has 150's, with 2 or 3 250's in the mix. 2 older gm's and one expedition. Now we can buy a truck, any make we want as long as its black and the company will pay $500 a month on it if we put company stickers on it.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:05 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok here's my Dad's 2006 F550 CC Lariat 4x4 6.0l Powerstroke with a 9ft Ravens dump bed, controlled by remote control. Its pretty much stock other than a coolant filter and the dual 4in stacks with no muffler from the cat back. Its his daily driver, but still is pretty much a "work" truck. He uses it almost everyday for work, and does use the bed quite a bit. Just depends if he needs if for work or not. He does road construction, mostly concrete.

Here it is.

This is what it looked like before he put the wood sides on. He wanted taller so he could haul more. He might get taller aluminum sides someday.

Here's some of it doing a little work. A load of firewood.

Towing our camper.

Random load of stuff.

Towing our 10x12 shed we built and a skidsteer out to our campgrounds.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:17 PM
OldBlackCat
Fleet Mechanic
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts
its just my daily driver, but i also use it to make the money with too.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:36 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
The truck looks sweet Andy. I love the look of it, has a nice clean look to it, looks great. Sweet "work" truck.

Trav I think I've seen all of those before lol. All the trucks still look great though. I was just looking at the pic of your 02, and it looks like the windows are tinted. Are they? And if so how much? It looks good. I was just wondering because I want to get mine done eventually.

Yeah at my Dad's work, family construction company, they have all fords, except for one old Chevy. Its funny because its like the odd one out. Its the only Chevy, one of their 2 white trucks, their only gas truck and their only pickup, lol. The rest are all diesels, all green except for one and all are regular cab chassis cabs. Most of them have a flat bed of some sort and one is a dump bed. I think they have at least around 12, with years ranging from 1984 or 86 to 2003, all diesels. And then a utility/mechanics body one. I'll have to get a picture of all of them sometime.

This is my Uncles 2007 F450 SC with a utility/mechanics body on it. Its also pretty much stock, but they think it has a cracked head right now, so it will be getting a full engine rebuild here soon, with also getting all of the "common" 6.0 problems fixed. Its also a daily drive/work truck like my Dad's. These aren't the best pictures of it, but its all I got.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDevil460
The truck looks sweet Andy. I love the look of it, has a nice clean look to it, looks great. Sweet "work" truck.

Trav I think I've seen all of those before lol. All the trucks still look great though. I was just looking at the pic of your 02, and it looks like the windows are tinted. Are they? And if so how much? It looks good. I was just wondering because I want to get mine done eventually.

Yeah at my Dad's work, family construction company, they have all fords, except for one old Chevy. Its funny because its like the odd one out. Its the only Chevy, one of their 2 white trucks, their only gas truck and their only pickup, lol. The rest are all diesels, all green except for one and all are regular cab chassis cabs. Most of them have a flat bed of some sort and one is a dump bed. I think they have at least around 12, with years ranging from 1984 or 86 to 2003, all diesels. And then a utility/mechanics body one. I'll have to get a picture of all of them sometime.

This is my Uncles 2007 F450 SC with a utility/mechanics body on it. Its also pretty much stock, but they think it has a cracked head right now, so it will be getting a full engine rebuild here soon, with also getting all of the "common" 6.0 problems fixed. Its also a daily drive/work truck like my Dad's. These aren't the best pictures of it, but its all I got.

Yes the 02 has tint on all 4 windows plus back window and a browl on the windshield. I am not sure how much but I believe it is the darkest legally in Arizona. You probably have seen pics of all the trucks. The chevy right now gets driven the most to keep the miles off the other trucks. Only thing I hate about the Chevy van is the slidding door rattles a lot and it a rough ride. Other then that love to drive it. You have to be careful with the van not to spin the tires half the time because of the bigger carb.
Trav

Old 01-04-2014, 09:22 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Justin the truck looks great man. I really like that combo of a 6in lift and 35's looks sweet, especially on a Super-cab Long bed. I think that's what I'll probably put on mine eventually, I like the look. But maybe with some 37's instead.

How do you like the duratacs that you have on it? I have those on mine now, they were on it when I bought, less than 3 weeks ago. They have about half tread on them, maybe a little more. And I'm happy with them so far. They're just a little noisy on the road, but I don't really mind, other than that they're pretty good. Not that I have much to compare them to, but I like em. They also don't seem to have the best traction when its wet out, but that might be expected with the tread and all the torque the 7.3 makes.

Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
Yes the 02 has tint on all 4 windows plus back window and a browl on the windshield. I am not sure how much but I believe it is the darkest legally in Arizona. You probably have seen pics of all the trucks. The chevy right now gets driven the most to keep the miles off the other trucks. Only thing I hate about the Chevy van is the slidding door rattles a lot and it a rough ride. Other then that love to drive it. You have to be careful with the van not to spin the tires half the time because of the bigger carb.
Trav
Ok thanks Trav. I thought it did, it looks good. I'll get mine tinted eventually, probably sooner than later. Ok that makes sense with the Chevy. Ehh all that's not a big deal, its a big van, who cares right. My truck doesn't ride too well either, actually I'm pretty sure it rides worse than my Dads, lol. And haha, yeah mine spins the tires pretty easily too.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:59 PM
superseal
Junior User
this is my daily driver...for work that is

Old 01-04-2014, 10:04 PM
SOTC
New User
I just bought an '08 f550, I have an '05 Ranger, '03 expedition and a '93 f700. Non fords are a '98 international 4900, an '02 GMC c7500 and I just unloaded my '01 ram 2500. Guess I'll have to look up picture posting instructions. .

Old 01-04-2014, 11:23 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Oops. Forgot to add pictures.

And we also use F250s and F350s for Search and Rescue (unrelated to my main job)

Attached Images    
Old 01-04-2014, 11:41 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
At my work we just build the work trucks...85% are Fords!

Old 01-05-2014, 05:31 AM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you Jon.
I tel lmy wife that I don't have a bike, boat, or any other toy so just leave me and my truck alone LOL.

I keep her clean also.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Iggy2867
Freshman User
Here are mine, all for landscaping, and plowing(not the dumps)

Quick Reply: Work Trucks