General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

monster trucks rule.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 02:14 AM
rlblue
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monster trucks rule.

monster trucks anyone?

Old 06-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
monster trucks rule.

For a list of links to other monster truck sites go to the King of Monster Trucks site. I have been a Bigfoot nut ever since his first truck came out and he started this whole thing, being the leading edge developer then and now.

www.bigfoot4x4.com

Old 06-26-2003, 06:26 PM
wille3r
Senior User
monster trucks rule.

I likes the Grave Digger!!! Can you handle the ride? Freestyle is the best part of the show. Seen Gunslinger ride a wheelie all the way across the track at Reliant Stadium in Houston. 1st Monster Jam in the new building!! Maximum Destruction used the concrete barricades that divided the sand drags to jump for his freestyle show. Yeah , I like the big rigs!!

Old 06-27-2003, 01:06 AM
RdBaron03
Senior User
monster trucks rule.

Gravedigger rocks

Old 06-27-2003, 03:50 PM
78f3504x4
Elder User
monster trucks rule.

Remember Thunder Chicken? We saw whats left of it at an old service station in Pennsylvania. I think it had stock tires on it.

Old 06-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Stingray42
Elder User
monster trucks rule.

I love monster jam, but saw NO rollovers..... grrrrr

Old 06-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke baby
Junior User
monster trucks rule.

I like Gun Slinger and this other Ford monster truck it was called Blue Crush or something.Gun Slinger had the new F-150 body on it and Blue Crush was a Super Duty.Both BAAADD trucks.
Dunno if their still running though.
And I like Bigfoot though he's older than dirt and their's been so many different models.

Old 06-27-2003, 09:04 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
monster trucks rule.

The problem with Grave Digger, Goldberg and the gang they go from town to town with is the whole thing's a setup like "Pro Wrestling." My kids love them but they're young enough to be fooled by it so I take them. They think the races are real and the winner isn't fixed. Its why Bigfoot is no longer part of that crowd (ie, they weren't selling out to them).

Old 06-27-2003, 09:23 PM
Monster 78 F-150 4X4
Elder User
monster trucks rule.

I love big foot I rember my first monster truck show it was about 12 years ago and I was 5 (now 17) ever since then ive been hooked on big ford trucks. I my next project is going to be build a huge mid 70's F-250 (hopefully a 76 the same as big foot #1) one thats big enough to drive over cars (especially rice rockets)

Old 06-27-2003, 10:04 PM
RdBaron03
Senior User
monster trucks rule.

I went to the finals in Las Vegas twice and it was awsome

Old 06-28-2003, 08:48 AM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru
monster trucks rule.

Originally posted by webmaster
The problem with Grave Digger, Goldberg and the gang they go from town to town with is the whole thing's a setup like "Pro Wrestling." My kids love them but they're young enough to be fooled by it so I take them. They think the races are real and the winner isn't fixed. Its why Bigfoot is no longer part of that crowd (ie, they weren't selling out to them).
What! Next You'll Tell Me There's NO SANTA CLAUS...

Old 06-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
monster trucks rule.

Err... There ISN'T a Santa Claus.

The FAA shut him and the elves down fifteen years ago...

Something to do with an outdated flight physical, if I remember right. They sold the whole works to Walmart and live in Barbados now.

Old 06-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Monster 78 F-150 4X4
Elder User
monster trucks rule.

Quit it your realy scaring me I'm never going on that side of wal mart again.

Old 06-28-2003, 07:20 PM
wille3r
Senior User
monster trucks rule.

Ken, I may be wrong but I believe Grave Digger has his own big show going on. I don`t think he`s tied in w/ Goldberg. Now Teem Ments and Grave Digger would be closer to being tied in together than any of them, because Ments used to drive the `Digger!! No offense to Ford, But Bigfoot's just outright slow in the competiton and can`t play w/ the big boys. That`s why he don`t run with `em. Although, he has my respect for starting it all and getting a big ball rolling!!! Just my opinion here boys, not trying to start anything. I love the sport and so do my boys. I don`t believe the show is rigged because they run a point system. The more you tear up, the more you perform, the more points you get. You roll your truck you get more points, but if you can`t get back in and run on the same heat, you risk loosing points by the end of the show.

-Wording edited for content, see guidelines:-

Old 06-28-2003, 09:01 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
monster trucks rule.

Watch the show's closely, especially during "freestyle." They're fixed. Goldberg/Ments, same thing, kind of. Watch the bogus "North/South" races, fixed. Watch the last second braking by the non-winners before they jump (yet they seemed to have no problems hitting them full speed before the points kicked in). Watch the non-winners suddenly go off course or do something to get disqualified when they are ahead of the favorites (ie, the one's who draw the crowds to the shows).

Last, and certainly not least, talk to some of the insiders who know the truth, as I have. Heck, I never said a word about it to my wife because she enjoyed the shows. Last show here, after one obvious move by a driver, my wife leaned over and said "its fake and I'll never feel the same about it." Face it, with the power of these trucks if they were to really go all out and really compete a lot of drivers would die.

PT Barnum was right but I won't be fooled twice. It's no longer a sport, just a show.

Quick Reply: monster trucks rule.