Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2015 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:05 AM
CGiron
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CGiron
I am pretty sure that this V6-engine will have a block made of CGI. Compacted Graphite Iron , the same material that is used in the Super Duty 6,7 l V8 diesel. It will be the first time it is used in a volume-V-petrol engine.

Why I think that?

Well The CEO of Sintercast wich is the provider of the foundry tech of this CGI , Stewe Dawson, said in an interview in a Swedish paper at 7th Nov, that :

“It is therefore important to find new engines which technology is appropriate for use and there is a next, very exciting stage, as Steve Dawson, however, is very secretive om. It´s for a change on a V engine run on gasoline that is likely to be launched at the Motor Show in Detroit in January.
Ought reasonably to have come from a manufacturer that already use SinterCast technology and those who do, most today are Ford (seven motors), Audi (six) and Hyundai (four)”

Will there be any alternative OEMs that will come to the show with a stunning CGI-engine with V-config ?
Likely Not

2015 F-150 To Introduce Ford’s Turbocharged 2.7-Liter EcoBoost V6 “Nano” Engine? | Ford Authority

I was right. The swedish company Sintercast is behind the high tech in all Ford engines with CGI

The Share | SinterCast

Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 PM
92f150I6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tom
Meh, manual transmissions had lackluster sales for years before they were finally killed off. I believe the take rate on Fords was in the low single digits in their best years in recent memory.

The old adage, "If you build it they will come" just doesn't apply to hand shakers.
I can say that you are pretty accurate in your assumption, but i think that the take rate would have been a little higher if the manuals were actually available on dealer lots. the only reason I have an automatic truck is because there were NO manuals available near me. I truly dislike automatics but I love my truck. Her only fault IMO. I know they really cant do it cost wise, but I paid extra to get a manual in my Dodge, and I wold do so again to get one in my next truck.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:39 PM
elemint
Elder User
Why can't ford make a FULL rear window that goes down and up?

Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by elemint
Why can't ford make a FULL rear window that goes down and up?
I agree with this, one thing I do like though even though I'm not an extended cab guy is that the doors swing right around flat against the bed side like the titan

Old 01-14-2014, 07:51 PM
daytomann
Senior User
Well.....it's not an ugly truck but they managed to make it look almost exactly like a Tundra. Way to go Ford! yippie....

Well....at least they managed to almost catch up with RAM....with the Start stop technology, active grill shutters, electronic assist power steering. Seriously this truck only catches up with its competition but it's still not all the way caught up. Unless they massaged the 5.0 it's still down a bit on power, no diesel option in half ton, no ride leveling...no 8 or 10 speed tranny???? The only thing that really brings it and truckdom out of the dark ages is the aluminum body. That's the only revolutionary thing about this truck. A2.7 ecoboost ??? Big whoop. It does have some trick technology, stuff offered in pretty high end vehicles till now. But it any of it really functional? Nope not really.
Led cargo lights... Thanks Ford, you saved us $100 for the aftermarket led light kit, that most if us would only use 5 times a year.
Smart tow...thanks Ford! Where has this little gem been for the last 10 years if towing my boat to the lake every other weekend. It'll be so much less off my mind knowing that a light is out or not.
Spot lights on the mirrors...holy *****!!! My flashlight is now obsolete!!
Adaptive cruise...lol...this is awesome!....if you like to be frustrated to death!!!! Unless you have extreme patience, adaptive cruise control is an exercise in frustration. Simply put....it's Annoying as hell.
360 degree camera. Because we just are too stupid to maneuver our trucks without it.
Lane departure....my wife has just lost her job as official lane departure warning feature. She's gonna either be pissed or relieved. My guess is pissed cause she loses one excuse to gripe at me. Lol
Integrated ramps!!! For the 2% who own four wheelers and motorcycles. Great!!
I mean all this and no f'n big honkin, stompin v8 that will get 20+ mpg, it can be done. No ride leveling, no 8-10 speed tranny? This is all Time NOT well spent.
It all seems superfluous but honestly I'll still take it all though. And I guess it's all for the greater good...I guess. lol...but their priorities are pretty messed up IMHO.

It'll grow on me but RAM still has the f150 beat. Fortunately for Ford, Fiat just bought the rest of Chrysler. Causing us lemming taxpayers to lose $1.3 billion. So for people like myself, who stuff like that matters, RAM is out of the question for future truck purchases. I was REALY hoping for more out if Ford so I wouldn't have to hold my nose at the signing table in my local Ford store.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by daytomann
Well....at least they managed to almost catch up with RAM....with the Start stop technology, active grill shutters, electronic assist power steering. Seriously this truck only catches up with its competition but it's still not all the way caught up. Unless they massaged the 5.0 it's still down a bit on power, no diesel option in half ton, no ride leveling...no 8 or 10 speed tranny???? The only thing that really brings it and truckdom out of the dark ages is the aluminum body. That's the only revolutionary thing about this truck. A2.7 ecoboost ??? Big whoop.

It'll grow on me but RAM still has the f150 beat. Firtinately for Ford, Fiat just bought the rest of Chrysler. Causing us lemming taxpayer to lose 1.3 billion. So for people like myself, RAM is out of the question for future truck purchases. I was REALY hoping for more out if Ford so I wouldn't have to hold my nose at the signing table in my local Ford store.
I see what you're saying, but I would suggest waiting to see the numbers before declaring it a second rate truck. I'm guessing the baby EcoBoost will throw down some pretty impressive fuel economy figures with the lighter, more aerodynamic body.

The current-gen F150 is behind in some of the innovative features but seems to consistently win comparison tests because it provides the most capable overall package. I think the aluminum lightening treatment may enable it to have class leading payload numbers if they keep the GVWR the same. That combined with mid-20's for highway fuel economy would be tough to beat. Especially if they don't come with the $4,000 price premium the Ram EcoDiesel comes with.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:19 PM
daytomann
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tom
It'll grow on me but RAM still has the f150 beat. Firtinately for Ford, Fiat just bought the rest of Chrysler. Causing us lemming taxpayer to lose 1.3 billion. So for people like myself, RAM is out of the question for future truck purchases. I was REALY hoping for more out if Ford so I wouldn't have to hold my nose at the signing table in my local Ford store.
I see what you're saying, but I would suggest waiting to see the numbers before declaring it a second rate truck. I'm guessing the baby EcoBoost will throw down some pretty impressive fuel economy figures with the lighter, more aerodynamic body.

The current-gen F150 is behind in some of the innovative features but seems to consistently win comparison tests because it provides the most capable overall package. I think the aluminum lightening treatment may enable it to have class leading payload numbers if they keep the GVWR the same. That combined with mid-20's for highway fuel economy would be tough to beat. Especially if they don't come with the $4,000 price premium the Ram EcoDiesel comes with.[/QUOTE]

I'm not declaring it second rate but if fords intention was to further cement its place on top. IMHO, It didn't quite hit the mark.and I'm poking fun at the superfluous features and shiney toys that distract and grab people's attention from the fact they they still came up a little short.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:23 PM
nojoke327
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Numbers don't lie. The f150 sells more trucks then almost the whole ram line combined. It wouldnt do this if it was a second rate truck. Ford has always since the begining of time done more with less. Their motors always had less power bit for some reason always lasted longer and hauled and towed way more. Rams quality is extremely poor, the hemi is gutless below 4000 rpm and besides the 3500 having decent numbers the rest of the line has suffered. I could Gove you about 10 things that are horrible about my father in-laws 13 2500. Not to mention it only has a 2200lb payload. I could see the new 150 besting that.

Is this truck perfect? No. No truck is but I'm confident so competitor will touch it

Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
The ram is the one catching up...years of junk... i know a guy that buys a new one every 5 years after 100k and they are beat to hell by then! his current 2011 is showing ALOT of age and its just a daily driven family truck no work involved. rattling interior/broken parts, front end work and marginal MPGs from his HEMI.

The current f-150 (11-14) out performs it in just about every way...wait til they can test the '15 it should be very interesting.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 PM
daytomann
Senior User
Originally Posted by nojoke327
Numbers don't lie. The f150 sells more trucks then almost the whole ram line combined. It wouldnt do this if it was a second rate truck. Ford has always since the begining of time done more with less. Their motors always had less power bit for some reason always lasted longer and hauled and towed way more. Rams quality is extremely poor, the hemi is gutless below 4000 rpm and besides the 3500 having decent numbers the rest of the line has suffered. I could Gove you about 10 things that are horrible about my father in-laws 13 2500. Not to mention it only has a 2200lb payload. I could see the new 150 besting that.

Is this truck perfect? No. No truck is but I'm confident so competitor will touch it
Dude, these ain't your fathers Dodges. Quality being poor is no longer an issue.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:03 PM
daytomann
Senior User
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
The ram is the one catching up...years of junk... i know a guy that buys a new one every 5 years after 100k and they are beat to hell by then! his current 2011 is showing ALOT of age and its just a daily driven family truck no work involved. rattling interior/broken parts, front end work and marginal MPGs from his HEMI.

The current f-150 (11-14) out performs it in just about every way...wait til they can test the '15 it should be very interesting.
The difference between. 2011 and 2013 RAMs are light years. RAM has made a HUGE jump. I'm a 20+ year Ford guy and I can see this. If you can't, your just living in denial or peering through blue oval colored glasses.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:08 PM
nojoke327
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by daytomann
Dude, these ain't your fathers Dodges. Quality being poor is no longer an issue.
Yes the quality of the new rams is poor. The interior is very cheap, the bumpers and body sound paper thin if you bang on them. Under hood insulation was falling off from the factory. The transfer case has a constant buzz. There is a constant engine squeek and the ac lines are run right over the serpentine belt which causes am even worse squeel when on.

I cam keep going if you want

Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by nojoke327
Yes the quality of the new rams is poor. The interior is very cheap, the bumpers and body sound paper thin if you bang on them. Under hood insulation was falling off from the factory. The transfer case has a constant buzz. There is a constant engine squeek and the ac lines are run right over the serpentine belt which causes am even worse squeel when on.

I cam keep going if you want
THIS!!!!.... right here plus more.

There are not "light years" between the 2011 and 2013, same engine, same body, same chassis, not much different ho-hum interior that does not hold up....

Old 01-14-2014, 10:18 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 437 Likes on 322 Posts
I've driven the 2014 Ram 1500, and while it was nice (it ought to be with only a few thousand on the odo), it wasn't "light years" ahead of anything. The trans was pretty smooth, but that's about all that impressed me.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:42 AM
excaliber551
Elder User
That's a nice looking truck. We'll have to see about the aluminum body. Did they correct the drivetrain vibration and IC issues or will those be carried over to the 2015 Model F150?

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150