Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


2015 F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #61  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:05 PM
paredneck33 paredneck33 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: penn twp.
Posts: 1,409
paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.
What small diesel? I thought Ford was attemit about no diesel in the F150 line up. Did that change? Also I'd be willing to bet that the 2.7 will be geared more to the guys that miss and want the Ranger. I could be wrong on that though.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Tofan's Avatar
Tofan Tofan is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 753
Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.
Tom,

Let me be the first to say that the vehicle you pointed out that the military uses, is no way a "comfortable" ride. They break all the time and ride like they have no suspension. MRAPs are great at what they do, which is to protect the individuals inside, but the suspension is no way the result of "great thinking" rather the lowest bidder that the military felt best showed what they were looking for.

Anyways, to be on topic, it will be great to see what the new F-150 will look like, and maybe this aluminum move will be the way of the future for f150s, 1500s alike. It will be extremely surprising if they don't include a diesel in the lineup for the 150. When every other truck manufacturer does something and the third one doesn't follow with their "own" version it usually means something.
__________________
Matt
-2013 F350 SRW XLT 4x4 3.31 ELD Crew Cab Short Bed 6.7 Tuxedo Black Metallic - H & S, 5" Flo Pro, Dual Zone Climate Control Heated n Cooled Seats

-2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE 2.0 Super Fuel Economy Package Race Red-No Upgrades yet
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:31 PM
RISUPERCREWMAN RISUPERCREWMAN is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 498
RISUPERCREWMAN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paredneck33 View Post
What small diesel? I thought Ford was attemit about no diesel in the F150 line up. Did that change? Also I'd be willing to bet that the 2.7 will be geared more to the guys that miss and want the Ranger. I could be wrong on that though.
With Ram already offering a small displacement diesel in the mix, & if GM follows suit Ford will have to offer a diesel in a F-150 engine line up or lose much market share! Its all about supply & demand driven by market availability! Ford had better wake up!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Tom's Avatar
Tom Tom is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Union, CT
Posts: 14,581
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofan View Post
Tom, Let me be the first to say that the vehicle you pointed out that the military uses, is no way a "comfortable" ride. They break all the time and ride like they have no suspension. MRAPs are great at what they do, which is to protect the individuals inside, but the suspension is no way the result of "great thinking" rather the lowest bidder that the military felt best showed what they were looking for. Anyways, to be on topic, it will be great to see what the new F-150 will look like, and maybe this aluminum move will be the way of the future for f150s, 1500s alike. It will be extremely surprising if they don't include a diesel in the lineup for the 150. When every other truck manufacturer does something and the third one doesn't follow with their "own" version it usually means something.
Of course an MRAP isn't comfortable. I don't think I've ever driven a military truck that was. But they ARE heavy duty, and they happen to have coil springs. In fact there are versions of the HEMTT that have coil spring front ends.
__________________
Tom,

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISUPERCREWMAN View Post
With Ram already offering a small displacement diesel in the mix, & if GM follows suit Ford will have to offer a diesel in a F-150 engine line up or lose much market share! Its all about supply & demand driven by market availability! Ford had better wake up!
I think the ecoboost with the twin turbo's is pretty much a diesel equivalent. I would rather have a gas powered turbo than a stinky,expensive, high maintenance, and increased fuel costs of owning a diesel in a half ton..,And that is assuming the FIAT built 8 spd tranny will even be dependable,, I am sure the Ram forums will have its fair share of posted issues..If it were a Cummins it would be more credible. I don't see chevy bringing the duramax/Allison to there 1/2 ton market. if Ford can tweek the 3.5 EB to get a few more TRUE mpg's out of it then I still see FORD holding serve..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-05-2014, 05:46 PM
tseekins's Avatar
tseekins tseekins is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Posts: 19,190
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
no disrespect intended but for every guy like you who posts "never had a problem" there are just as many others who have.. there is no good truck bad truck issue, they all have the same parts. Every day it seems someone else posts "I thought I didn't have the CAC issue but it happen to me" post. There wouldn't be several class action lawsuits going on at this time if there were not enough guys who had the CAC issue. I am glad to hear your truck is riding good but don't discount the guys who are or have been stuck with this issue. I was kidding about the max-tow topic with the 2.7L
Never said the problems didn't exist, I was simply illustrating one method that may help reduce or remedy the issue based on several opinions from experienced diesel owners from all makes. It has worked for me. But who knows, I could be a victim of this issue and if I am, I'll address it. Till then, life is good.
__________________
Tim
SCPO United States Coast Guard Retired
2011 F-150 XLT 4x4 Ecoboost
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 PM
hsfbfan hsfbfan is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 523
hsfbfan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ram's 8 speed is made by ZF, not Fiat. The F-150 head engineer has said repeatedly that there will not be a diesel in the F-150, the ecoboost engines are their response to diesel.

GM is not doing a diesel in their half ton's.
__________________
1988 F-150 XLT 4x4
Manual Hubs
5.8L Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:52 AM
nojoke327's Avatar
nojoke327 nojoke327 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: monroe ct
Posts: 777
nojoke327 has a good reputation on FTE.nojoke327 has a good reputation on FTE.
Ram only did a diesel in their 1/2 ton, if you can even call it that to save a few customers. Ford and gm don't have loyalty issues when it comes to trucks and I'm pretty sure the f150 outsells the entire ram brand. If ford needs a diesel it will come out but I don't see ram and their junk outselling ford any time soon
__________________
2008 reg cab F350, 10500gvwr, snow plow package,
5.4L, 3.73, k&n filter, custom flowmaster super 40 exhaust, superchips tuner
2" F/R lift blocks, 3" lift shocks, 35x12.50 Toyo Open County AT2

US Navy Seabee 07-13. BU2. NMCB 27/22
OEF 09-10 Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Frdtrkrul Frdtrkrul is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Prior Lake, MN
Posts: 327
Frdtrkrul is starting off with a positive reputation.
McSniperliger
The 6.2L will not be offered in the F150s except the Raptor (if continued) . It'll only be in the Super Duty trucks. By 2025 the EPA will have it mandatory that all 1/2 ton trucks get a MINIMUM of 25mpg. If Ford puts any diesel in the new trucks probably be the 3.2L I5. Aren't they looking at putting military grade Aluminum as part of the new trucks?

I just really hope the aluminum does not compromise safety or strength of the truck and sour the name of Ford F-series.
__________________
-History is written by the victor, history is filled with liars.
-1999 F150 5.4L V8 auto XLT Ext. Cab long bed 245K
-Ford Today, Ford Tomorrow, Ford FOREVER!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-06-2014, 09:46 AM
RISUPERCREWMAN RISUPERCREWMAN is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 498
RISUPERCREWMAN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
I think the ecoboost with the twin turbo's is pretty much a diesel equivalent. I would rather have a gas powered turbo than a stinky,expensive, high maintenance, and increased fuel costs of owning a diesel in a half ton..,And that is assuming the FIAT built 8 spd tranny will even be dependable,, I am sure the Ram forums will have its fair share of posted issues..If it were a Cummins it would be more credible. I don't see chevy bringing the duramax/Allison to there 1/2 ton market. if Ford can tweek the 3.5 EB to get a few more TRUE mpg's out of it then I still see FORD holding serve..
Ford's current Eco-Boost does not get the MPG's that the Ram 1/2 Ton diesel does! Not even close! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Tom's Avatar
Tom Tom is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Union, CT
Posts: 14,581
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISUPERCREWMAN View Post
Ford's current Eco-Boost does not get the MPG's that the Ram 1/2 Ton diesel does! Not even close! LOL
Very true, Motor Trend saw a consistent 28 MPG out of a regular cab 2WD EcoDiesel truck. But the EB doesn't carry a $4,000 price premium or any of the diesel headaches either. Tradeoffs for everything I guess.

If Ram rated the EcoDiesel to tow 11,000 lbs in crew cab form I would definitely take a hard look. It has plenty of power for that much weight, but I don't see it happening.
__________________
Tom,

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Frdtrkrul Frdtrkrul is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Prior Lake, MN
Posts: 327
Frdtrkrul is starting off with a positive reputation.
McSniperliger
Wish these engineers would actually put a worth while option in (ie manual transmission). $4000 for a V6 diesel top of another $500 mandatory for an 8 speed automatic. I want to know what the longevity is on that VM Motori engine is.

Least the mileage is good between the Hemi and the diesel. The extra expense in this case would end up coming ahead on the diesel after a few years.
__________________
-History is written by the victor, history is filled with liars.
-1999 F150 5.4L V8 auto XLT Ext. Cab long bed 245K
-Ford Today, Ford Tomorrow, Ford FOREVER!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Go Big or Go Home! Go Big or Go Home! is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 299
Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frdtrkrul View Post
Wish these engineers would actually put a worth while option in (ie manual transmission). $4000 for a V6 diesel top of another $500 mandatory for an 8 speed automatic. I want to know what the longevity is on that VM Motori engine is.

Least the mileage is good between the Hemi and the diesel. The extra expense in this case would end up coming ahead on the diesel after a few years.
keep in mind that all Ford,Chevy,Ram are advertising is great gas mileage and will be the campaign moving forward..MPG's. Reliable/Durable,, that another story..All I can say is get the longest warranty you can buy.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Tom's Avatar
Tom Tom is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Union, CT
Posts: 14,581
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frdtrkrul View Post
Wish these engineers would actually put a worth while option in (ie manual transmission). $4000 for a V6 diesel top of another $500 mandatory for an 8 speed automatic. I want to know what the longevity is on that VM Motori engine is.
Meh, manual transmissions had lackluster sales for years before they were finally killed off. I believe the take rate on Fords was in the low single digits in their best years in recent memory.

The old adage, "If you build it they will come" just doesn't apply to hand shakers.
__________________
Tom,

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 AM
supeRobertduty supeRobertduty is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 688
supeRobertduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Meh, manual transmissions had lackluster sales for years before they were finally killed off. I believe the take rate on Fords was in the low single digits in their best years in recent memory.

The old adage, "If you build it they will come" just doesn't apply to hand shakers.

That's so true, everybody loves the sticks but nobody ever buys them. Even the sports car market is changing with all the new auto/manual tip slap paddle rev match and so on
__________________
Up Next - 2015 F Series
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT 400,C-6,205,4.10,Trailer special,Fully loaded special order, 91k Original California miles.
1979 F-350 Supercab Ranger XLT 4x4 (gone but not forgotten)
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 AM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 F150

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
detroit axle 11xmiller Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1 08-05-2014 11:26 PM
Sooooo.... Detroit declaired bankruptcy? Apocalypse Excursion - King of SUVs 3 07-18-2013 11:14 PM
Best three of the Detroit Three Driver Tom General Automotive Discussion 2 01-08-2013 05:49 AM
Detroit Locker in my 2WD F250 F250F250F250 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 0 11-07-2012 06:26 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup