Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2015 F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Posting Guru

paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.
What small diesel? I thought Ford was attemit about no diesel in the F150 line up. Did that change? Also I'd be willing to bet that the 2.7 will be geared more to the guys that miss and want the Ranger. I could be wrong on that though.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Elder User

Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.
Tom,

Let me be the first to say that the vehicle you pointed out that the military uses, is no way a "comfortable" ride. They break all the time and ride like they have no suspension. MRAPs are great at what they do, which is to protect the individuals inside, but the suspension is no way the result of "great thinking" rather the lowest bidder that the military felt best showed what they were looking for.

Anyways, to be on topic, it will be great to see what the new F-150 will look like, and maybe this aluminum move will be the way of the future for f150s, 1500s alike. It will be extremely surprising if they don't include a diesel in the lineup for the 150. When every other truck manufacturer does something and the third one doesn't follow with their "own" version it usually means something.

-2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE 2.0 Super Fuel Economy Package Race Red-No Upgrades yet
Old 01-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Senior User

RISUPERCREWMAN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paredneck33 View Post
What small diesel? I thought Ford was attemit about no diesel in the F150 line up. Did that change? Also I'd be willing to bet that the 2.7 will be geared more to the guys that miss and want the Ranger. I could be wrong on that though.
With Ram already offering a small displacement diesel in the mix, & if GM follows suit Ford will have to offer a diesel in a F-150 engine line up or lose much market share! Its all about supply & demand driven by market availability! Ford had better wake up!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:41 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofan View Post
Tom, Let me be the first to say that the vehicle you pointed out that the military uses, is no way a "comfortable" ride. They break all the time and ride like they have no suspension. MRAPs are great at what they do, which is to protect the individuals inside, but the suspension is no way the result of "great thinking" rather the lowest bidder that the military felt best showed what they were looking for. Anyways, to be on topic, it will be great to see what the new F-150 will look like, and maybe this aluminum move will be the way of the future for f150s, 1500s alike. It will be extremely surprising if they don't include a diesel in the lineup for the 150. When every other truck manufacturer does something and the third one doesn't follow with their "own" version it usually means something.
Of course an MRAP isn't comfortable. I don't think I've ever driven a military truck that was. But they ARE heavy duty, and they happen to have coil springs. In fact there are versions of the HEMTT that have coil spring front ends.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 01-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Senior User

Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISUPERCREWMAN View Post
With Ram already offering a small displacement diesel in the mix, & if GM follows suit Ford will have to offer a diesel in a F-150 engine line up or lose much market share! Its all about supply & demand driven by market availability! Ford had better wake up!
I think the ecoboost with the twin turbo's is pretty much a diesel equivalent. I would rather have a gas powered turbo than a stinky,expensive, high maintenance, and increased fuel costs of owning a diesel in a half ton..,And that is assuming the FIAT built 8 spd tranny will even be dependable,, I am sure the Ram forums will have its fair share of posted issues..If it were a Cummins it would be more credible. I don't see chevy bringing the duramax/Allison to there 1/2 ton market. if Ford can tweek the 3.5 EB to get a few more TRUE mpg's out of it then I still see FORD holding serve..
Old 01-05-2014, 05:46 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
no disrespect intended but for every guy like you who posts "never had a problem" there are just as many others who have.. there is no good truck bad truck issue, they all have the same parts. Every day it seems someone else posts "I thought I didn't have the CAC issue but it happen to me" post. There wouldn't be several class action lawsuits going on at this time if there were not enough guys who had the CAC issue. I am glad to hear your truck is riding good but don't discount the guys who are or have been stuck with this issue. I was kidding about the max-tow topic with the 2.7L
Never said the problems didn't exist, I was simply illustrating one method that may help reduce or remedy the issue based on several opinions from experienced diesel owners from all makes. It has worked for me. But who knows, I could be a victim of this issue and if I am, I'll address it. Till then, life is good.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Elder User

hsfbfan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ram's 8 speed is made by ZF, not Fiat. The F-150 head engineer has said repeatedly that there will not be a diesel in the F-150, the ecoboost engines are their response to diesel.

GM is not doing a diesel in their half ton's.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Elder User

nojoke327 has a good reputation on FTE.nojoke327 has a good reputation on FTE.
Ram only did a diesel in their 1/2 ton, if you can even call it that to save a few customers. Ford and gm don't have loyalty issues when it comes to trucks and I'm pretty sure the f150 outsells the entire ram brand. If ford needs a diesel it will come out but I don't see ram and their junk outselling ford any time soon

US Navy Seabee 07-13. BU2. NMCB 27/22
OEF 09-10 Afghanistan.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Senior User

Frdtrkrul is starting off with a positive reputation.
McSniperliger
The 6.2L will not be offered in the F150s except the Raptor (if continued) . It'll only be in the Super Duty trucks. By 2025 the EPA will have it mandatory that all 1/2 ton trucks get a MINIMUM of 25mpg. If Ford puts any diesel in the new trucks probably be the 3.2L I5. Aren't they looking at putting military grade Aluminum as part of the new trucks?

I just really hope the aluminum does not compromise safety or strength of the truck and sour the name of Ford F-series.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Senior User

RISUPERCREWMAN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
I think the ecoboost with the twin turbo's is pretty much a diesel equivalent. I would rather have a gas powered turbo than a stinky,expensive, high maintenance, and increased fuel costs of owning a diesel in a half ton..,And that is assuming the FIAT built 8 spd tranny will even be dependable,, I am sure the Ram forums will have its fair share of posted issues..If it were a Cummins it would be more credible. I don't see chevy bringing the duramax/Allison to there 1/2 ton market. if Ford can tweek the 3.5 EB to get a few more TRUE mpg's out of it then I still see FORD holding serve..
Ford's current Eco-Boost does not get the MPG's that the Ram 1/2 Ton diesel does! Not even close! LOL
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISUPERCREWMAN View Post
Ford's current Eco-Boost does not get the MPG's that the Ram 1/2 Ton diesel does! Not even close! LOL
Very true, Motor Trend saw a consistent 28 MPG out of a regular cab 2WD EcoDiesel truck. But the EB doesn't carry a $4,000 price premium or any of the diesel headaches either. Tradeoffs for everything I guess.

If Ram rated the EcoDiesel to tow 11,000 lbs in crew cab form I would definitely take a hard look. It has plenty of power for that much weight, but I don't see it happening.

Currently truckless.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Senior User

Frdtrkrul is starting off with a positive reputation.
McSniperliger
Wish these engineers would actually put a worth while option in (ie manual transmission). $4000 for a V6 diesel top of another $500 mandatory for an 8 speed automatic. I want to know what the longevity is on that VM Motori engine is.

Least the mileage is good between the Hemi and the diesel. The extra expense in this case would end up coming ahead on the diesel after a few years.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Senior User

Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frdtrkrul View Post
Wish these engineers would actually put a worth while option in (ie manual transmission). $4000 for a V6 diesel top of another $500 mandatory for an 8 speed automatic. I want to know what the longevity is on that VM Motori engine is.

Least the mileage is good between the Hemi and the diesel. The extra expense in this case would end up coming ahead on the diesel after a few years.
keep in mind that all Ford,Chevy,Ram are advertising is great gas mileage and will be the campaign moving forward..MPG's. Reliable/Durable,, that another story..All I can say is get the longest warranty you can buy.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:14 PM

TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frdtrkrul View Post
Meh, manual transmissions had lackluster sales for years before they were finally killed off. I believe the take rate on Fords was in the low single digits in their best years in recent memory.

The old adage, "If you build it they will come" just doesn't apply to hand shakers.

Currently truckless.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 AM
Elder User

supeRobertduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Meh, manual transmissions had lackluster sales for years before they were finally killed off. I believe the take rate on Fords was in the low single digits in their best years in recent memory.

The old adage, "If you build it they will come" just doesn't apply to hand shakers.

That's so true, everybody loves the sticks but nobody ever buys them. Even the sports car market is changing with all the new auto/manual tip slap paddle rev match and so on
Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 F150