Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 AM
New User

SOTC is starting off with a positive reputation.
08 F550 common problems

Hey all, my name is Willie and I just found your forum. I'm a tree guy in Southern Oregon and just bought an F550 with a 6.4L, auto tranny and 4x4. I'm upgrading from an 01 Cummins and haven't dealt with Powerstroke since their early days. Anyway, I hope you folks can tell me about common problems or preventative fixes. Maybe threads I should search out. I am sure many gremlins are common to other F series. Any input would be much appreciated. Just bought the truck from the state so I would imagine everything is stock.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:52 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
#1 in your search is the 6.4 tech folder:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/53...ch-folder.html

Follow the severe maintaince duty schedule.

Probably you will do service intervals by hours as well.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 12-29-2013, 11:04 AM
New User

SOTC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, I will start digging through it immediately! Picking the truck up Tuesday and want to know whats what.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty