2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Crappy body shop and my loud suspension 2010 Navi L

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 02:10 PM
slenser
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crappy body shop and my loud suspension 2010 Navi L

I'm here partly to vent and partly to ask for help. On my birthday (Sep 26th) I was involved in a collision when a young girl pulled out in front of me. Both airbags went off. I'm fine now, but I can't really say the same about my Navigator.

I checked out the truck yesterday to see if they fixed my loud suspension compressor and I didn't hear a thing. I was super excited to finally have it back and working. Unfortunately the battery was bad and he didn't want me to end up stranded, so he sent me off with the rental for one more day so he could get the new battery (it was nearly closing time for them).

Talking to him today he said it was "20 times quieter!" I'm excited thinking it's back to the way it was before the accident...Nope.

Driving it back home I heard it. It's loud. It's not quite as loud as before they replaced the bracket, but it's still loud.

I'm done with these guys!

They had all positive reviews on Angie's List so I thought all would be ok. They had my truck for over a month. They dash was not replaced like I said it needed (warped, torn, scratched). The battery was not replaced like I said it needed. The intermediate wipers didn't work (I bet they still don't, but haven't been able to test it). The climate seats are noisy when they cool (very loud wind noise). The paint was not blended into the fender nor were the front parking sensors matched to the new bumper cover. Let's not forget the noisy compressor! It sounds like I've got a shop compressor going off both inside and outside. It's so embarrassing to have that go off. Here I have a beautiful luxury vehicle and it then makes that annoying sound.

I've decided he is not going to fix this. I've mentioned the antenna flopping above the rear-view mirror several times and he can't put a piece of double-sided tape on it to keep it on there. So not happy with this guy's service.

I've been trying to find out if I can fix it on my own and have found some parts for older Navigator's, but nothing for my year. Probably because it shouldn't be going bad this soon!

Sorry for the long rant and thank you for reading. Hopefully someone has a solution for me.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:54 PM
slenser
More Turbo
Well I can't say I'm not a little disappointed with the poor turnout of advice. That being said, I'm not terribly surprised. It's so new that most probably don't have any problems with theirs.

I called the body shop and they've now ordered a new pump for me. I thought about telling them about the noise isolators I've found, but it isn't listed for my year vehicle and frankly I just want to get it fixed as fast as I can and he says it can be installed very quickly. Still don't trust this shop.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:24 AM
heymrdj
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this the only shop you can get with your insurance? This shop feels inept. I would demand a ford dealership bodyshop that can get a hold of any and all parts your fairly new truck needs. With all that damage I'm surprised really it wasn't totaled.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:28 AM
slenser
More Turbo
My thoughts exactly on the totaled part. I asked several times about it and they said it would have to have been around $20k+ in damage to total it out. As it stands now, I'm at about $13-14k.

I'm not sure if I can move it to another shop or not. I'm still waiting to have the compressor installed. He claims two of the three body men are out sick. Completely possible, but I had to call to find out what was going on. He (manager) said he was going to call me this morning and still nothing...no surprise really.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:52 AM
slenser
More Turbo
Ahhh...

Nice and quiet again! I got it back yesterday and it seems like they addressed all the things I was complaining about. I think the owner might have gotten on him about be because he was very apologetic and was concerned with my happiness with the vehicle. So far so good.