6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

2014 SD w/6.2L..reviews??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brickman
Am I missing something ? isn't that what it's supposed to do?

I agree, I thought that was the function of having the back up camera,, heck mine stays on even when I go back to drive for a few seconds before she cuts off..

Old 02-11-2014, 08:25 PM
brickman
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I used mine to hook up to my work trailer the other day, it was very accurate, "right on the ball", pun intended

Old 02-12-2014, 11:31 AM
reagan4ever
New User
Let me clarify the issue. It is only supposed to have an audible tone when you near an object. When I went into reverse the audible tone would always be on regardless of the proximity of an object behind the truck.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:18 PM
BreakinBones
New User
My truck makes the audible alarm as soon as I go in to reverse only if there is frost build up on the sensor near the exhaust. Usually the screen will light up a block on the area that it ASSUMES is close to an object. Took me a while to figure out it was just frost build up from the exhaust

Old 02-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Originally Posted by BreakinBones
My truck makes the audible alarm as soon as I go in to reverse only if there is frost build up on the sensor near the exhaust. Usually the screen will light up a block on the area that it ASSUMES is close to an object. Took me a while to figure out it was just frost build up from the exhaust
Thanks, I thought that's what it could be, when we had that stretch of single digits, I found the exhaust would cause condensation and freeze up over that censor..Glad I wasn't the only one think it might be the cause..

Old 02-12-2014, 08:24 PM
2014 f250
Freshman User
Mine does the same thing,darn cold weather I am ready for spring

Old 02-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Kafn8td
Junior User
I've had my '14 6.2L 250 for a week now and the backup alarm goes on and stays on as soon as I go in reverse. I've defrosted them and cleaned them, but it still does it. None of my other Ford products have this issue. Not a big issue, they'll fix it.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:29 AM
DHPRO
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man this thing sucks gas! 3200 miles and avg 9.9mpg city & hwy...I towed snowmobile trailer 1200 miles last week and avg 10mpg. Its awesome in the snow however and self corrects all on its own...hopefully the mileage will improve at least into low teens?

Old 02-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Mine is averaging 13 mpg's ,,all city so far, it may improve when things warm up and get rid of winter fuels,,we will see..Right now I am chasing 2 issues in my 14. A vibration in 6th gear 45-50..and a dry bushing/joint noise coming from front left, you hear it when from dips down into a turn or hump..Annoying as hell for a brand new truck..

Old 02-26-2014, 09:51 AM
DHPRO
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home!
Mine is averaging 13 mpg's ,,all city so far, it may improve when things warm up and get rid of winter fuels,,we will see..Right now I am chasing 2 issues in my 14. A vibration in 6th gear 45-50..and a dry bushing/joint noise coming from front left, you hear it when from dips down into a turn or hump..Annoying as hell for a brand new truck..
I empathize...I learned long time ago to keep the music loud while my trucks are under warranty.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Amelio
Senior User
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home!
I ha the same issue in my '12 a real loud squeak when turning into and incline.

It was a bad body bushing in the right rear cab. Dealer replaced it and now it is back to being. As quiet as a mouse!

Old 02-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Originally Posted by Amelio
I ha the same issue in my '12 a real loud squeak when turning into and incline.

It was a bad body bushing in the right rear cab. Dealer replaced it and now it is back to being. As quiet as a mouse!
yours was rear bushing,, mine is front left..are there Body Bushings in the front left of the cab,, do you know where I should look for it?

Old 02-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Yeah mine was in the rear..... Yes there are bushings in all 4 corners. Honestly I could not tell by looking at mine that it was bad. I was pretty sure that's what it was and the dealer confirmed it.

Drop it off at the dealer and let them fix it..... To me that's one of the reasons I bought a new truck....... So I didn't have to work on it.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Originally Posted by Amelio
Yeah mine was in the rear..... Yes there are bushings in all 4 corners. Honestly I could not tell by looking at mine that it was bad. I was pretty sure that's what it was and the dealer confirmed it.

Drop it off at the dealer and let them fix it..... To me that's one of the reasons I bought a new truck....... So I didn't have to work on it.
I agree, I took it in this morning to dealer. I made sure I had mechanic ride with me so I could duplicate vibration and the front noise..We went over a bump and he heard noise,, then I replicated the vibration...We get back and talk and ask him what his thoughts were..His first reaction was to contact FORD. I asked about noise and he said it could be many things,,I said like what, and he rattled off crap. I said it is a bad joint or dry bushing sound..I love Ford trucks but after my last 3 trucks and dealing with dealerships for warranty work, I am now understanding why FORD scores so low on these Consumer surveys. A brand new 2014 truck should not have these kinds of issues. This is why I bought the wife a Subaru,, her car has been flawless, everything works, no noises, gets the MPG as advertised and is a rock solid SUV..This is why Subaru had the highest CSR and I know why.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Well a lot of the time it can depend on the dealer and the level of their techs. I have worked at several dealers and they are all different.

I am not there and it's only a guess but I can not imagine why they would even have to call Ford. That typically does not happen until several inspections from the best techs and shop Forman can not fix the issue. Sounds like that tech either didn't know what he was doing or more than likely wanted to get you out and away from the truck to fix it.

My truck has been to the dealer twice..... Once for the bad body bushing and the other was a squeaky tail shaft seal. Both were minor repairs and both were good experiences.

I understand how you feel but even new vehicles can have problems...... Even the Subaru's other imports out there.

Give the dealer a day or two and see what they come up with.

This is my first Ford truck and so far I am very happy even with the minor issues. I would never consider an import for a big HD truck. I like Dodges new trucks and I have always been a Chevy guy. When it comes to a truck..... For me it's gonna be a big American gas guzzler!!!!

Best of luck with your rig....... I am sure they will fix it.

Quick Reply: 2014 SD w/6.2L..reviews??