Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding obsolete ford part kinda asap

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:19 PM
buildmyown
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im am searching for one of the emission air tubes for a 1997 ford f250 old square body style over 8600gvw with a 351 and auto. For anyone familiar with this truck it is the one that runs from the back of the passenger side exhaust manifold then along the back of the head and up to under the upper intake and attaches to one of those air check valves then a rubber hose.

The factory ford part number is F4TZ9B448C I have also found it listed as 9B448. So far i have tried my local ford dealer but they cant get it he did a nation wide search and showed a dealer in NC as having one but called them and the computer is wrong. I have also tried AutoZone Advance and Carquest along with Amazon and and Rockauto. A place in WI i think called Vintage Auto Parts that buys up all old stock. All of them dont have it or cant get it.

Here is a link to a parts diagram that shows what im looking for.
http://www.usa-auto.ru/illustration....62d077a7ac.png
It is in the bottom right hand corner of the pictures it is the metal pipe that has the 3 arrows pointing to it.

If that link doesnt work here is the website and click on the thumbnail in the upper right hand corner.
9B448 Ford F350 (F-SERIES) 1997. Ford. USA-AUTO.RU

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:55 PM
mtne87
New User
It looks like it might just be a high temp silicone hose you should be able to get it cheap enough at any auto parts store. I carry some generic stuff made by Walker Exhaust where i work. If the hose your looking for doesn't have anything but a couple hose clamps holding it on than this should work. Otherwise look into Dorman Products and check out their EGR lines listed by make and model.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:41 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Couple of places claim to have it searching the part number.

Example of one,

F4TZ9B448C by FORD - TUBE - AIR INLET

Depending on where you live condition of remainder of system, namely if still has cat, you don't need it.

Plug the port on the back of the manifold, do both sides call it good.......depending on where you live of course.

Royal oak ford http://www.royaloakfordparts.com/OEM...4TZ9B448C.html

Might know I have the driver side, not real sure condition of its flare nut no but the tubing is all good. Disconnected few days ago still hanging there behind the motor. I cut the passenger side rather than play with it to change that manifold, fix an exhaust leak and eliminate what was left of the air system while I was at it.

USA spare parts http://www.usaspareparts.com/parts/1...z-9b448-c.html (looks iffy)

Old 12-27-2013, 08:49 PM
phoneman91
Cargo Master
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Old 12-28-2013, 03:34 PM
buildmyown
New User
Originally Posted by danr1
Couple of places claim to have it searching the part number.

Example of one,

Depending on where you live condition of remainder of system, namely if still has cat, you don't need it.

Plug the port on the back of the manifold, do both sides call it good.......depending on where you live of course.

Royal oak ford OEM Ford F4TZ9B448C

Might know I have the driver side, not real sure condition of its flare nut no but the tubing is all good. Disconnected few days ago still hanging there behind the motor. I cut the passenger side rather than play with it to change that manifold, fix an exhaust leak and eliminate what was left of the air system while I was at it.

USA spare parts F4TZ9B448C (looks iffy)
I tired all them as well no luck. I already replaced the drivers side manifold and that air tube. I think im just going to leave the new manifold plugged and plug the other end of the line up under the manifold. Maybe i will come across a good used one down the road.

Sorry forgot to mention them i called them right after vintage.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:52 PM
phoneman91
Cargo Master
Another good source of Ford parts on dealership shelves is: Welcome to the part locator

But they also don't have part number: F4TZ9B448C

Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 PM
pux17
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OOPs - someone already posted this. Couldn't figure out how to delete!

Here is another to try:

GL

Last edited by pux17; 12-28-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: duplicate info
Old 12-29-2013, 03:36 PM
buildmyown
New User
Thanks guys but i think ive just about exhausted all options. I need to get this back on the road so just going to bypass it for now.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by buildmyown
Thanks guys but i think ive just about exhausted all options. I need to get this back on the road so just going to bypass it for now.
If your not in Cali im sure you will get away with it. I may have this part down the shop in my other truck bed. This is for the air in head and not air in manifold correct? I dont recall cutting that one off this motor. Could be in one piece and I know even the cut pipes, I still have. Will post back this week after I get down to the shop.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:06 PM
buildmyown
New User
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
If your not in Cali im sure you will get away with it. I may have this part down the shop in my other truck bed. This is for the air in head and not air in manifold correct? I dont recall cutting that one off this motor. Could be in one piece and I know even the cut pipes, I still have. Will post back this week after I get down to the shop.
Nope not in cali. In Mass need to update my info. This is the one that comes out of the manifold just above where the Y-Pipe bolts up.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:17 PM
phoneman91
Cargo Master
I would suggest having the local Ford dealer do a national dealership stock check for that part number.

I found an almost impossible to find F150 spare tire carrier from my local Lincoln dealer (!?)--- after having my Ford dealer do a check of all local dealerships' stock !

Over the years-new parts get ordered by a dealership's parts department and doesn't get used-and doesn't get returned to the Ford Parts warehouse. And just collects dust on the dealership's shelve.

The Lincoln parts department had no idea how they got my spare tire carrier for a + 20 year old Ford truck-the part was new -but covered in dust.They didnt know they had the part-until I called them and asked for it using the part number. They were willing to sell it at a discount price. It was sitting on that shelve since 1994 at the Lincoln dealership parts department!

www.Partsvoice.com is a website that inventories most of the national dealership stock-but the dealer stock isn't 100 percent inventoried . I found my part by inquiring via my local Ford dealer-even after Partsvoice said that there weren't any parts available with that part number.

And I have an open inquiry made at Silver State Ford. They have been outstanding in located obsolete Ford parts that have been discontinued. I will let you know if they find the part.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by buildmyown
Nope not in cali. In Mass need to update my info. This is the one that comes out of the manifold just above where the Y-Pipe bolts up.
K I live in Sterling, Parts are at the shop in Lemonister. Ill PM my phone number to yea, text you photos and you can swing up and grab free if I have part or all that you need. You dont need it however.... You only have to pass safety here. Can even have a check light on. So make that call on your own. DONT volunteer any of the system is missing...

EDIT: you dont have a PM box yet, or its checked not to share.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:30 PM
buildmyown
New User
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
K I live in Sterling, Parts are at the shop in Lemonister. Ill PM my phone number to yea, text you photos and you can swing up and grab free if I have part or all that you need. You dont need it however.... You only have to pass safety here. Can even have a check light on. So make that call on your own. DONT volunteer any of the system is missing...

EDIT: you dont have a PM box yet, or its checked not to share.
Oh yeah i know my way around the inspection process here. I dont have enough posts for a PM box yet. here is my #5083285176 text me some pics when you can and we can go from there. thanks

Old 12-29-2013, 05:17 PM
95F350XL
Posting Guru
If I would have known, Ive cut so many out and thrown them out. Still pass NJ emissions.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:32 PM
phoneman91
Cargo Master
I found a dealer that has one in stock. If you are still interested-PM me.