Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Senior User

Cody_1948 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
that poor poor 49 F1 =(

Old 12-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Elder User

ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't think the grill under the hood is a good idea but think about the fun you could have at say a Goodguys show or other car events with the Barbeque in the back.

What Toy Should I Play With Today
Still A Kid After All These Years.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
I like it better than some of the ideas we've seen on this board lately that people are proposing to do to their trucks, or we've seen in the crazy craigslist ads. At least it still looks like an F-1. From what I could see, nothing there is irreversible. It looks like they consciously built that grill in a way that does not permanently damage that truck. It's pretty original, that's for sure.

BTW, I'm a Kentucky hillbilly, and even I had to translate "We're a lit ways up rock crik." LOL.

P.S. Hey Cody! How's the running board hunt going?
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 12-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Best line at 1:07, "When you got a heavy hog you want to do all day long."

Otherwise, I like the idea. Instead of yard art, you can have yourself a nice bbq in the backyard made from parts truck.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
A waste of good Bonus Built sheet metal IMO but what the heck? If the guy can make a buck go for it. Doc, like you said, we've seen a lot worse ideas. I wonder if this is used in one location or do they tow bar it to different spots?
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 12-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Senior User

Cody_1948 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bob, im with you on this, the body of that truck looks to be in great shape, if it was beat up and was a soo called parts truck id say it would be cool,
P.s still hunting for running boards, trying to find a pair that isnt going to kill me lol
Old 12-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Interesting hood hinge and gas lift set up. Nice looking woodwork on the pull out bar, and quite a grill/rotisserie in the back. And much better than some of those rat rods we have seen. But, yes it does waste some nice sheet metal...
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by topmoo View Post
Interesting hood hinge and gas lift set up. ...
Doesn't seem like a good choice for a location next to a grille...
Old 12-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Dang, seems like a waste of good sheet metal

Doesn't seem like it would be to easy to cook on, the things sets up pretty high and you'd have to lean way in around those fenders to try and flip your steaks.

On the bright side....it didn't go to the crusher and people are still enjoying the old truck so I guess in the long run its a good idea

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 12-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
Doesn't seem like a good choice for a location next to a grille...
Not for a BBQ truck, but not a bad idea for an improvement over the original hood.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Posting Guru

Mervy49 has a good reputation on FTE.Mervy49 has a good reputation on FTE.Mervy49 has a good reputation on FTE.
Gives new meaning to "ran when parked". ha,... he should incorporate a moonshine still in there too.
1965 AC Cobra...ya it's a rep but it is All Ford!
1953 GMC pickup
2003 Chrysler Interbred (wifey's)
Old 12-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
Maybe it's the engineer in me but I have to question the selection of a truck (any truck) for the BBQ conversion. Usually you see something like this done on a vehicle which "repurposes" the vehicle without the complete destruction of the utility of the vehicle. What exactly can you do with this truck now that it's a BBQ other than leave it sit in place and function as a BBQ? It would make much more sense to me to leave the driveline intact and make it a "mobile BBQ"...now that would be cool. As is sits now it's just an oversized BBQ/bar that sits in a parking spot in that guy's yard. Put a frontwheel drive powerplant in the front and make it a driver...now you got something.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
The saying " it's yours so do what you want" comes to play, it's a shame to see such a good looking truck stuck flipping hamburgers when it could be driven proudly on the roads. When I moved to the town where I now call home the was a guy who owned a running 49 F1 and in fairly good condition. He sold it to another guy in town that had been pestering him some time. Once he got it he tore it all apart to restore it and it's been in that state ever since, he will never do anything with it and not interested in selling it. Just another one gone to waste.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks