1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Tailgate Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 02:24 PM
F100Trucker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailgate Stickers

I own a Graphics shop where we do t-shirts, airbrushing, vinyl cut signs and stickers and computer graphics such as business logos. When I finished restoring my '81 Flareside I thought it needed the raised F O R D letters on the tailgate to be white so I traced off the letters off of my tailgate and cut my own graphics for it using Oracal vinyl.

Here is how it turned out and if anyone here wants some let me know. They should fit 1981-1986 I believe. PM me for details.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:25 PM
F100Trucker
Senior User
INSTALLATION TIPS:

These letter are very easy to install yourself and each letter will be placed onto your tailgate one at a time.

1.) You will only need some scissors, a spray bottle of window cleaner (like Windex) and some type of a plastic squeegee (such as a credit card or Bondo spreader found cheaply at your local auto parts store).

2.) You will begin by spraying some window cleaner onto the tailgate letter itself.

3.) Now carefully peel your vinyl letter off of the backing paper that it is stuck too. Be careful not to let it fold over onto itself and sticking together.

4.) Spray the back (the sticky side) of the vinyl letter with window cleaner. This will make the it slick and keep it from being sticky at all. It will stay this way until the window cleaner eventually all evaporates away. I have found this "wet" method to be the best way for getting your vinyl stickers installed "bubble free" and correctly.

5.) Place the wet vinyl letter onto the the appropriate raised metal tailgate letter. Since the back of the vinyl letter is wet and temporarily not sticky you will be able to slide the sticker around until you have it placed just where you want it. If your wet sticker is moving around too freely then you can always squeegee the sticker a little bit to push out some of the window cleaner from under neath of it. This will make it stick a little and also help keep it from sliding around too much while you are placing it.

6.) When you have the wet vinyl letter applied just the way that you want it hold the top of the letter down with your fingers and easily squeegee over the letter from top to bottom so that the rest of the window cleaner under neath it will ooze out from under it. You'll notice that after you do this the sticker will now better stay put.

7.) If you have a letter crooked little bit and it won't slide around anymore because most of the window cleaner has been squeegeed out from under it you can always carefully pull that vinyl letter off and start the process over for it.

8.) When you are sure that all of the vinyl letters are applied correctly and you have squeegeed most of the window cleaner out from underneath of each one of them let them dry for about and hour or so. When all of the window cleaner has evaporated away the vinyl sticker glue will be very sticky once again and the it will now hold tight to the tailgate as it should for a number of years.

If you have any question please feel free to send me a messasge.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Just a FYI. this thread is going to be locked down.. Before it does, I would throw your email in this thread so when someone comes across it, they can get ahold of you

You are not allowed to sell things on the open forum, it has to be in the classifieds

Old 12-25-2013, 02:34 PM
F100Trucker
Senior User
Ah. I messed up, thanks. Maybe I can get a mod to move the thread or it can just be deleted. It's not about the money, just thought some folks might want some.

Again, sorry mods, I am here because of my love for my truck, not to sell things. It won't happen again.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by F100Trucker
Ah. I messed up, thanks. Maybe I can get a mod to move the thread or it can just be deleted. It's not about the money, just thought some folks might want some.

Again, sorry mods, I am here because of my love for my truck, not to sell things. It won't happen again.
I'm with ya. It is more about helping people out than the money but….

Old 12-25-2013, 03:06 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
I dunno.... the official FTE policies are as Brad says - no open selling in tech forums, if you want to try and sell your wares here you need to first become a a paying sponsor, etc. etc. etc.

Things are more relaxed in the older-truck forums as a whole (since finding parts can be difficult) but some moderators are nevertheless "by the book" and would infract you and delete your thread without a thought.

I am personally not so hard-core about it BUT I want to ask you to edit your post, remove your e-mail address and ask people to PM you... all the Marketing-type of talk, all the pictures, the price, etc. makes it look like a for-profit commercial venture and you just want to advertise here - THAT is why there are restrictions for this kind of stuff in the forums as a whole.

If you are a regularly-contributing member and offering this stuff to people then that's one thing and I'm generally OK with it... but a newbie leech posting his services, price list and contact information without being a sponsor, well, no, we don't go for that here....

Old 12-25-2013, 03:39 PM
F100Trucker
Senior User
Deal. You can delete the thread also if you like, I understand.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:11 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Just take the price out and say "PM me for details"

Those letters look great for that style tailgate!

I wish I could find some that were appropriate for my '87

Old 12-25-2013, 09:19 PM
4x484150
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with Ardwrkntrk, "PM for details". If I had a flareside, I would want these though!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I agree. If I had that gate I'd want those letters. Glad someone is willing to make them.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:23 PM
F100Trucker
Senior User
Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk
Just take the price out and say "PM me for details"

Those letters look great for that style tailgate!

I wish I could find some that were appropriate for my '87
Done.

I guess I could make them for different years if I had my hands on the tailgates. I have a mechanic friend that has a handful of Ford trucks. He's a bigger fanatic than even me. I'll see if I can't add a few here and there, thanks folks.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:56 AM
F100Trucker
Senior User
After weighing in on everything I will send out a sheet (four letters) to any member who wants one. The cost for me to cut these is minimal now that I have made my template so I can ship these out for the cost of shipping which shouldn't be very much at all because I can send them in a manilla envelope. I carry basic colors and chrome, just PM me for what you want. When I get a chance I'll try and create stickers for other years and models of FORD truck tailgates too. This offer stands for forum members only.

My way of giving back and thanks to everyone (especially the mods) for being so kind in this thread.

I got your PM reamer. I'll send you out a silver set when I get back into the shop after New Years.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:59 AM
ctubutis
Wish I had a tailgate like that - or templates for the letters on the other tailgate.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:06 PM
F100Trucker
Senior User
Ha ha. What model and year is your truck? If my friend Erin has one on his lot I could trace it off.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:21 PM
ctubutis

<!-- xxx -->

Quick Reply: Tailgate Stickers