6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Got the death wobble? REPORT IT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Toms GT
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DemonRace6
So is it not possible to get this type of Death Wobble from a independent front suspension truck? If so I might not be getting a solid front axle truck again.

I got the DW yesterday three times in a row at 75 then 65 then 50 and drove 100 miles home at 40 mph. SUCKED. I didn't know what to do, so I slammed on the brakes to get it to stop. It looked like what happened in those videos but I think if I kept going the truck was going to get sideways.

I have 28k miles on my truck so I will not be happy if the dealer tells me I need to replace all 6 tires. If they do I hope they are under warranty.
Been there...Done that...replaced them. No improvement

Old 06-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Toms GT
New User
Originally Posted by Averill7
I had all front end parts replaced, new tires, etc. nothing fixed 100% until I added the readylift anti wobble trac bar like the one you linked to. But the readylift trac bar doesn't require cutting or grinding, simple installation. Requires some special tools though. May want a good shop to install for you.

IMHO the problem is the ball joint mounted trac bar end.
Looking for the link. Dealer now 3 weeks truck off the road. Loosing money on a Ford F30 and the dealer engineering help was check tire pressure.....really!!! like we have done that 20X and checked all the joints changed tires sway shock and alignments.........INSANE...I have bought over 200 Fords

Old 06-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Toms GT
New User
Originally Posted by Romeo Scorpion
I know EXACTLY what death wobble is. I own three of these trucks with a combined total of over 150,000 miles. The only truck to ever exhibit this problem is my personal driver, which was due to the reason I stated above (Bilstein 5100)
Hey Romeo I live in Washington Mi. And the Romeo engine built my Marauder-Cobra stang and my Ford GT engine.

I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE BUILT MY F350 DUALLY's front end!

Because it is HORRIBLE
I think the dealer has changed most everything....
Service manager took it for a ride....
Scared the crap out of him on 32 mile road.
Back to reading thousands of posts and websites

Old 06-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Toms GT
New User
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi Toms GT,

I recommend reaching out to me via private message (PM) with your information (full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership) so I can look into this further. Additionally, I suggest editing your prior public post to remove your personal details. I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal
Ok I think I'm over 11 posts but still can't figure out how to send you a PM.
Dealer still in the dark and trying hard to fix it.

Been holding off on responding to the Fed's on this.

Maybe tomorrow I can PM you maybe it takes time for the webpage to register my posts...

Old 06-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Averill7
Senior User
Originally Posted by Toms GT
Looking for the link. Dealer now 3 weeks truck off the road. Loosing money on a Ford F30 and the dealer engineering help was check tire pressure.....really!!! like we have done that 20X and checked all the joints changed tires sway shock and alignments.........INSANE...I have bought over 200 Fords
Go to ready lift.com...enter your trucks info on the left side, scroll down past the lift kits...0-4in lift version is the one I got. Part number 77-2000.

Good luck.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Toms GT
New User
Wahooo I'm official a PM status guy

Old 06-21-2014, 12:32 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,024 Likes on 2,203 Posts
Wahooo I'm official a PM status guy

Beautiful silver rig reps headed your way!

Old 06-23-2014, 11:09 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok I think I'm over 11 posts but still can't figure out how to send you a PM...
Looks like you figured it out, Toms GT; you have a reply waiting in your inbox.

Crystal

Old 06-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Toms GT
New User
Got the truck back they had the Ford Engineer work on it. Asked me to try it out and they think it is better, (now past warranty so I need to pay) but said if I want to use it to tow and want it to completely stop shaking.... I need to go to the after market and buy a kit for around $1,500 as it has worked for many others....... Sorry

Old 06-25-2014, 09:45 AM
BCM
More Turbo

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Got the truck back they had the Ford Engineer work on it. Asked me to try it out and they think it is better, (now past warranty so I need to pay) but said if I want to use it to tow and want it to completely stop shaking.... I need to go to the after market and buy a kit for around $1,500 as it has worked for many others....... Sorry
Uh... What? Ford acknowledges the problem, and acknowledges that it can be fixed by after-market parts?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:28 PM
DYNAMICSPORTS
New User
Never an easy fix...

Old 07-29-2014, 12:15 PM
rats
New User
Well I dropped $675 for the death wobble kit from WC Motorsports and the problem seems to have gone away. I'm holding out final judgment for a while, I've only put around 1000 miles on it since the track bar fix. Ditching the ball joint and rubber upper insert seems to be the trick for the ones like mine that just wouldn't go away using cheaper methods-----Like Ford fixing their own F'up.
There is a little bump steer after the upgrade but no bigggy.

Thanks Ford for supporting the aftermarket world by not addressing this issue!

Super Duty Wobble

Old 07-29-2014, 02:02 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
29K on the clock of my rig and just started to notice DW. Seems to do it when going faster than 50mph while towing or not. Not fun while towing. I need to take it to the dealer to fix several other problems: rear camera on the fritz, rear sliding window only works 5% of the time, backseat electric plug won't hold a plug and now the dreaded wobble. Love the truck but if it gets worse and can't be fixed seems just too much to risk with the two little ones (one still in a car seat) riding in the back seat while towing a fifth wheel.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:32 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bridge
29K on the clock of my rig and just started to notice DW. Seems to do it when going faster than 50mph while towing or not. Not fun while towing. I need to take it to the dealer to fix several other problems: rear camera on the fritz, rear sliding window only works 5% of the time, backseat electric plug won't hold a plug and now the dreaded wobble. Love the truck but if it gets worse and can't be fixed seems just too much to risk with the two little ones (one still in a car seat) riding in the back seat while towing a fifth wheel.
Let me know how things go at the dealership, bridge. If you need assistance after your visit, I'll be here.

Crystal

Old 08-03-2014, 08:51 PM
ostrx250
Senior User
death wobble

i have an 05 250 xl ive had this happen half a dozen times as well tires are worn guess ill see if that does it

Quick Reply: Got the death wobble? REPORT IT!