Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2013, 09:35 AM
New User

greencobra is starting off with a positive reputation.
Aftermarket exhaust for 6.2

I'm 4 months in with my '13 F250 Super Duty with the 6.2 gas engine. I'm looking to replace the stock exhaust with something with a little more old school rumble. You know the sound, I want folks to hear my truck a block away. So it should be easy to select a replacement but I'm having no luck. Watched a bunch of YouTube videos of guys showing off their 6.2 setups but nothing yet with that rumble I'm looking for. Ran a Magnaflow on my '04 Dodge w/5.7 gen 3 HEMI, got a lot of compliments but still wished that sounded beefier. Suggestions, anyone, on this. What did you replace your stock exhaust with?

Why did I limit this to the Mass forum? I'm also looking for a decent shop in the Woburn area. Folks are giving me information of the shop I would normally use and I don't like what I'm hearing. I won't mention the shop in public, it's just hearsay anyway. Would you recommend a shop to me, please? Doesn't have to be the cheapest around, just looking for good work.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:29 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
I don't have a 6.2L so not sure what will give you the sound your looking for..

The big custom muffler shop seems to be Lou's custom exhaust...

They have a few through out MA..

Lou's Custom Exhaust

My son had an exhaust put on a 90 F250 from them in Lawrence and they did a good job..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 12-21-2013, 10:29 AM