1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Stage 1 injectors

Old 12-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by DZL JIM
Travis,
As far as I know, I am the only one that has prices listed as the same. All the other shops jack up prices based on injector size, but since all the parts cost the same, I keep all my prices the same.
And that is why YOU are the MAN.

This world would be a much nice place to deal with if people had your way of thinking

Old 12-23-2013, 08:51 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Travis,
As far as I know, I am the only one that has prices listed as the same. All the other shops jack up prices based on injector size, but since all the parts cost the same, I keep all my prices the same.
Well, you're my injector builder, so I didn't look at the other guys. LOL I just searched real quick. I only saw a 100% nozzle option at full force and swamps on 160cc injectors, so I'm not sure if they would charge differently to substitute an 80 or 30% nozzle. At any rate, I'm not worried about them, you'll keep building my injectors. Now if we could only get you to build us something a bit bigger.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad

This world would be a much nice place to deal with if people had your way of thinking
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
Well, you're my injector builder, so I didn't look at the other guys. LOL I just searched real quick. I only saw a 100% nozzle option at full force and swamps on 160cc injectors, so I'm not sure if they would charge differently to substitute an 80 or 30% nozzle. At any rate, I'm not worried about them, you'll keep building my injectors. Now if we could only get you to build us something a bit bigger.
X2^^^^^^^^^^

Old 12-23-2013, 09:05 AM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 183 Likes on 83 Posts
.... Now if we could only get you to build us something a bit bigger.
Just takes time and money, we can do whatever you want.

'17 6.7 F-250 KR ccsb 4x4
Old 12-23-2013, 09:08 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just takes time and money, we can do whatever you want.
Just like the Alan Jackson song..........LOL!

Old 12-23-2013, 09:11 AM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 183 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad

I've had plenty of customers ask if we do injectors the same as the other shops, to justify their higher cost. I have no way to know what they do, but we build injectors to flow what we say they flow, so I have to think we are all comparable if you look at cc and nozzle size.
I also get challenged by our 'short' warranty compared to some other shops.
All I can say is READ THEIR FINE PRINT, and don't buy based on warranty alone, you will be disappointed IF something comes up.

'17 6.7 F-250 KR ccsb 4x4
Old 12-23-2013, 09:15 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
I've had plenty of customers ask if we do injectors the same as the other shops, to justify their higher cost. I have no way to know what they do, but we build injectors to flow what we say they flow, so I have to think we are all comparable if you look at cc and nozzle size.
Your injectors flow fine. Those 160/100s you built me earlier this year did 462hp fuel only on the dyno and from what I could tell at the track, that number was very accurate.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:11 PM
UNTAMND
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Travis,
I'm hoping to purchase injectors later 2014... I'll more than likely be calling you.
Going to invest in supporting mods first like oil, springs and pushrods (springs and pushrods will be installed at same time as injectors probably) and get all the kinks worked out.

Do your injectors prefer big oil or is a new stock 17* ok. Or modded 17.
What do you like to see to get the most out of the injectors.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by UNTAMND
I'm hoping to purchase injectors later 2014... I'll more than likely be calling you.
Going to invest in supporting mods first like oil, springs and pushrods (springs and pushrods will be installed at same time as winjectors probably) and get all the kinks worked out.

Yea^^^I'm curious there as well.i planned on t500 but is that the best option(i tend to think so)

Old 12-23-2013, 06:38 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by UNTAMND
Going to invest in supporting mods first like oil, springs and pushrods (springs and pushrods will be installed at same time as injectors probably) and get all the kinks worked out.

That question largely depends on injector capacity and nozzle sizing. What injectors are you wanting?

Old 12-23-2013, 06:46 PM
UNTAMND
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That question largely depends on injector capacity and nozzle sizing. What injectors are you wanting?
I haven't decided on a hp goal.
I know I'm going to want around 400whp but I'm still acquiring bottom end parts. I am saving for rods, and will probably get a gearhead cam, likely just a stage1 because it's still a driver.
If I shoot for 400 I'd like injectors to support 450 or so just in case...
I'll probably just but a t500 just to ease my mind. But I don't want to spend money on dual pumps.

But now a buddy today acquired a 12v and is tempting me to put it in. If I had a zf6 I'd be all over it but I really like my autos and it's out of my budget to get the c working happily with the 4r100. I like my big v8 psd though.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:11 PM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribing to thread.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I'll be bucking up for new injectors, better HPOP, better turbo, studs, springs, rods, IC and efuel. With plans to shell out a bunch of cash all at once, I can't really go too high a cost on any one thing and I'm trying to put an engine together that makes sense. With all [Rosewood] injectors costing the same, that's obviously not a cost factor (thanks Jim!). But I see no sense in getting stage 2's if my HPOP and turbo budget won't support the big-boy sticks.

Right now, I'm thinking T500 HPOP and D66 turbo. Maybe s366 turbo, but I believe that is a bit more pricey than the d66 right? From what I gather, this HPOP/turbo combo will not put stage 2's to their best use and/or may not last long under the power the 2's put out (turbo in particular).

So I guess I'm eyeing stage 1's or 1.5's right now. Unlike most that I see, I don't really have a HP target. I just want a reliable setup with more power than stock and a good match of parts at a reasonable cost.

Sounds like I want to have my cake and eat it too :-). Well, who doesn't?!?

Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Krisx125
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's time I do a set of 2's and a turbo...just after i fix it from the wreck lol

Old 12-24-2013, 07:57 PM
dougbrown
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting to think about injectors too. I have most if the supporting mods; d66, 3"dp, intercooled,T500,Chip. Only thing I need now is E fuel. All that should run 160/80 or 100 Nicely right? Don't have a Hp in mind just more towing power.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
IMO with a D66 with 160/80 or larger nozzles you'll need to waste gate the turbo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stage 1 injectors