Sponsored by: Moser

Quart of water down carb

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:46 AM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
Quart of water down carb

Hi there long time no posting. I have what is a common problem in Calgary. Guy I worked for 2 1/2 years ago owes me $3500, have judgement against him that says so. Instead of paying me he sneaks over and slashes tires and smashes windows on my trucks. Nobody sees or hears anything of course and the cops put on their dumb face and say the standard line "there's nothing we can do", they can't listen to recorded death threats because I didn't tell ahole he was being recorded. On cold days he likes to pour water down my carb, water freezes and when truck starts to warm up water melts. 3rd motor he's done it to so far. Is there anyway I can clean out this motor without tearing down the top end. It appears that my oil is still water free but I'll be changing the oil anyway. I've thought about using wicking or a clean cloth rolled up and putting it in the plug holes. Theres a 1/4" of water in lower plane and 1/2" in upper plane of manifold. Motor is a 460 in a 75 Scab.This time he did it even though my truck was parked under a street light. This is the curse of having gun laws and a handicap placard hanging from my mirror. Guy is a big tough muscle bound body builder. From what the guys at Parts Source and Quality tools tell me, this is a common practice in Calgary. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:04 AM
Ordnance
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's people like that, that make society look bad. As to your problem, I'm not sure, My first thought would be to remove the carb, get out what you can, and displace/dry the rest up with alcohol or ether. that should at least ignite, and burn off the rest.

As for a preventative measure, Id suggest getting a flexible cable bicycle lock, threading it through your hood latch, and securing it around the frame, so he can't get your hood open again. Would be an inconvenience to open your hood, but worth it compared to the alternative.

I know you're in Canada, and laws are likely different there, but I'd seek legal recourse, maybe set up a video camera, Get a restraining order. I hope this helps, If it were America, I'd spend an evening or two camped out with a baseball bat.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:50 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Set up a video camera system ... pictures are worth a thousand words to the local constables.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:24 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
As far as the engine goes, soak up what you can in the intake, then take all 8 plugs out and crank the engine over. Compression will blow the water out of the cylinders. Change the oil and you're good to go.

Then put up a chain link fence around the trucks with a locked gate. Now to get to the trucks, he has to "break and enter". Set up trail cams or security cams to catch him breaking the law. With that evidence, the ***** is going to jail.

He's very lucky. Around here, castle law extends to the edge of the property line. Come on my property with intent to harm or steal anything and you'll leave with lots of extra holes in you.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:25 AM
co425
Cargo Master
Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
People like the op described should be drawn and quartered. Time to chain up that hood as stated above. Also some nice high resolution hidden cameras.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:00 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Thank you for your responses, when it warms up I'll do what you suggested Earthquake and Ordnance. As for bully, he's got a surprise coming when I go downtown to insurance company for 75 f250 that I bought from tire shop buddy, It's got a 390. One of his coworkers apparently lives 6 doors up from me and was wondering why my truck was down. I thought I got around this problem by putting in the cable pull hood release from the 89 I stripped down. You can see the teeth marks from the pliers, grips he used and what appears to be screw driver marks. I've been doing some background work on guy and it appears he targets unhealthy people and anyone he can push around. I'm an old school fundalmentalist who doesn't believe all is forgiven if you confess to your sins on your death bed. The 3 good neighbours that I have know that I'm putting an end to this, this weekend and their going to keep their eyes open for his truck and are going to do the 911 call freeing me up to do my act. Our legal system is so screwed up that the cops have given up doing their jobs as the judges are doing everything they can to keep criminals on the street.
example; Family of 5 killed by drunk 51/2 years, 4 hard working immigrants getting final stage of papers killed by drunk playing chicken 4 years, 4 high school kids, frontline players of small town football team 3 years. up here you get parole after 2/3 time. Redneck sharia law also well practiced here women are life stock you own, not a misspelling. Thankyou for your responses, I'll let you know how this turns out.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:20 PM
spikinfool05
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would hook a electric fencer to the truck at night. i dont know what kind of damage it could cause to the truck or what he would do after touching it but if it was the "hot" fencer we have he would not get back up. i know its not a good idea with kids or who ever running around.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Dave145
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i say you need a big *** dog...or 3. As for your trucks...I saw something a while back about "locking hood pins" except instead of a pin, it was something like large bolts with triangle heads (like the ones on all the chinese crap that NO ONE has a screwdriver for). Ill have to dig around to see what it is...

Old 12-19-2013, 09:03 PM
modeleh
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might want to think about installing a mercury switch on the underside of the hood that is wired to the horn, or another horn located where the wire can't easily be pulled off. You can run the circuit through a hidden switch under the dash to break the circuit so that when you need to get under the hood yourself you can disable it. Chances are good, the fool won't be staying around long with the horn blaring away while he messes around. You can also wire the interior light to the horn so as soon as the door is opened the horn blares away.
As for the tire slashing, that's a tough one, short of running 14 ply forklift tires or foam filled, IDK how to prevent that one.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:54 AM
RaulERichardson
Freshman User
Save the hassel and get a long gun... and aim for the head! Will serve as a good example to other maggots around the area.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:23 AM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
When I saw mercury switch I began thinking explosives modeleh. Thanks for all the input, hood pins with locks is a good idea but I hate the thought of putting holes in my cowling. The horn idea is good and I think I can wire it into the light under the hood and use a push button on/off switch as it should be easier to hide, don't want it to look obvious when I open hood.. I think I'll use the cable and lock as an obvious lock to scare jags away. About to head downtown to insurance agent for new truck and to spread around Luigi's xmas cards. This ends today or it will never end, have more good neighbours than I thought, but they don't know what I'm going to do. Must admit that I'm scared about doing this, but it damn well needs to be done. hopefully I can tell you what happened by tomorrow morn, but I'm kinda expecting to get hurt doing this or will push myself to far past my limits. Have a good day and many merry Christmas's. Thank you. Perry L Colp

Old 12-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Pickupmanx2
Logistics Pro
Received 239 Likes on 184 Posts
Nothing a nice size .45 hole or 2 couldn't fix,,, ask my neighbor about his "former" pit bull,,, personally, I would find a nice hiding spot, surprise the turd with a nice stun gun and let him ride the bull a few times! Or the aforementioned .45, but alas you live in the nice liberal gun controlling place called Canada, or as I like to call it, northern Kalifornia.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:29 PM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Good luck with your problems boss.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
hope you dont go to jail

Old 12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
I've posted a copy of the Xmas card I passed out downtown at the 7th ave. mall food court. It's in my albums as Luigi file, his last name, address, phone # and 2 swear words were edited out as to not cause a problem for FTE. This is the most used mall in Calgary, the c-train makes 2 stops there and it's in the area where the Oil & Gas companies have their HQ's. In theory, if your going to cause a stir this is a good place to start. I passed it out at 11.55 am, finished at 12.15 pm. People were reading the card before I left. Absolutely no response in anyway, not even from the police. If this were Toronto or Vancouver all hell would be breaking loose, here nothing. There is something really wrong with this town. I'll give it to Sunday night then it's old testament time..... Hard to read card, had hard time putting into picture library, scanned it in as a pdf file. is there a better way to do this.

Found my Smith - Victor portable flood, spot light. 1960's but friggin bright, starts fires if you set it down.
Thanx everybody

Quick Reply: Quart of water down carb