1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:59 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
What would you do if you won the lottery?

With the recent record lottery I got to thinking what I'd do if I would have won it.

First, I would have look the ticket over at least a hundred times not believing what I had.

Second, I'd find a professional who would counsel me on how to handle the complicated situation I am sure must happen.

Then I would do everything I've always wanted to do.

I'd buy the perfect piece of property and build a nice, reasonable house, maybe a three bedroom with 2 1/2 baths and a rec room in the basement. Honestly, I wouldn't want a mansion, just a nice small comfortable home.

Now with the shop, here's where I'd go nuts. I see a 7500 sq. ft building with full heat and air conditioning. The building would be divided into at least three sections. One being a fully decked out repair shop including a full body shop with paint booth. Another section would be a show room to park my 50+ vehicles and all my automobilia. I don't know what the third section would be but I'd find a use for it.

I'd also travel, I'd go everywhere I have ever wanted. I'd leave at the end of October and wouldn't come back to the frozen wasteland until maybe late April.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Now with the shop, here's where I'd go nuts. I see a 7500 sq. ft building with full heat and air conditioning. The building would be divided into at least three sections. One being a fully decked out repair shop including a full body shop with paint booth. Another section would be a show room to park my 50+ vehicles and all my automobilia. I don't know what the third section would be but I'd find a use for it.
Yep!!! The big question is which of you experts do I bring out to help design the layout and then to teach me everything once I have it all built.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:24 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Yep!!! The big question is which of you experts do I bring out to help design the layout and then to teach me everything once I have it all built.
I always wanted to live in MO!

Old 12-18-2013, 09:28 PM
oldwi
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably have a heart attack. The few times I play I am lucky to match even one number.

But if I survived a different house and an actual shop to work on my truck would be on the list. Helping family members and friends that are going though tough times would be very high as well.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:32 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Buy a time machine.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
I always wanted to live in MO!
Well, my wife didn't say we won anything and she is still here, so I'm guessing you might have to wait for a bit.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:42 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Bob, you'd have living quarters in the shop for Visiting Bonus Built Mechanics, right?! And of course you'd build all this way up north where it's nice and cool?

I have to agree, no desire for any mansions. I suspect you'd spend a fair amount of time keeping track of who is dipping into the winnings, between the gov't and "consultants".

Old 12-18-2013, 09:46 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,792 Likes on 1,824 Posts
Well Bob, I've given that little fantasy quite a bit of thought.

I used to say that I wouldn't quit my job......what was I thinking? As soon as the money cleared the bank I'd be out the door. I don't think I'd even go back to pick up my personal things. There's nothing there that I couldn't replace with a fat wad of cash.

I'd probably stay in the house I'm in for awhile. I'd have the modifications done that I've been planning but I dang sure wouldn't do any of the work. I'd hire it all out.
I'd really **** off the kids as I probably wouldn't be too free with the cashflow. I'd proably set up some trust funds (restrictive trust funds - dependent on higher education, employment, etc, etc, etc)

Then for the fun stuff. I think it would be great to have so much money that you could wear a brand new pair of socks every day. Its a good day when you can pull on a brand new pair of socks, no more worrying about that danged hole that the big toe eats out of the end of the sock, no more trying to twist it around, or put it on the other foot so that its over by the little toe... ...none of that. New socks everyday! Thats the ticket

I'd have a team of minions to do my bidding.

aaaah, if only.......

Bobby

Old 12-18-2013, 09:53 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would go to Truckstock.

Wait. I can do that next year if I save my money and don't buy any lottery tickets.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:57 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess I would have to establish the Bonus Built Church, donate all the money to 'my' church and avoid all the taxes. First order would then be to build a 'Church' with 12' overhead doors, 16' ceiling, at least 2 or 3 full lifts, with all required equipment and tools, a paint booth and a detail shop. Being a house of 'worship' it would have to be at least 15-20,000 sq ft. Then we would need a conference center for all of our 'missionaries' when they come for 'training'.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:14 PM
imabaka
Senior User
I'd pay off my house, my car, and all our other debt. I could then completely modify my WRX they way I want, and also completely fix my 49 f1 exactly the way I want. I have a friend that I could help pay off his debt as well. I would still work since I work as a mechanic anyway. I can't stay home due to A week of vaction is enough to drive not only me nuts but my wife as well.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Giesterfarher™
Senior User
Since we're dreaming big... I'd hire my Boss to do the paintwork and metal forming in my brand spanking new 2 acre Auto shop/machine shop/toy complex. (With on and off road test tracks) He's been a good guy to work for the last 15 years, I figure he'd like a hobby in his retirement.
Then I'd hire my best friend to do my electrical work, since I hate doing that.
I'd do the heavy lifting, i.e, designing and building the frames and running the machine shop.
The engines I so love building now I'd probably just give up and buy crate engines, bring them into the shop and tear them down for blueprinting, then build the frames to suit them.
No shop would be complete without both engine and chassis dyno's, and I guess I'd need a place to sleep once in a while, so I'd build a house somewhere nearby.

It's good to be single.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:37 PM
1958 Ford F250
Senior User
Well !!! Sounds like I would get another Truck for sure.... LOL..... PAY EVERYTHING OFF & ENJOY !!!!

Old 12-19-2013, 12:35 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Besides the obvious things everyone has mentioned, I'd either buy out DC or create a competitor and have EVERY part for a Bonus Built truck reproduced. Then I'd buy every MH Ranger and Panel.

By the way, one of the major winning tickets was purchased in my hometown at a store less than 10 miles from my house. The ironic part is that the name of the store is "Jenny's Gifts". My wife's name is Jennifer and her mother's name is Jenny. I should have bought a ticket.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Olweldinrig
Senior User
I would fix my families money first(Dad is is 64 and refuses to retire)and maybe build a nice house house for myself after.Of course stay working,Because welding is fun!

Quick Reply: What would you do if you won the lottery?