1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 01:35 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This guy in Canada knew what to do with his 40 million: Canadian lottery winner donates $40 million jackpot to charity - TODAY.com

Old 12-20-2013, 02:28 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by firstrider
Bob , a bigger barn w/ more cows ?
Yeah, that's what I'd get, right after I get that additional hole in my head that I need so badly.

Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Very true! and Bob, God help you if the little woman ever logs on here...
Ross, I wouldn't type anything on the net that I wouldn't say face to face.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:31 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I wouldn't type anything on the net that I wouldn't say face to face.
Yea, me too. Lucky for me "Ol' Snakebite" has a pretty good sense of humor

Old 12-20-2013, 02:45 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Yea, me too. Lucky for me "Ol' Snakebite" has a pretty good sense of humor
Unfortunately, mine doesn't but I've given up a long time ago on trying to keep on her good side. It's a lot easier to tick her off once in a while than to walk on eggs shell trying to not upset her.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:54 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
LOL...I hear ya.

Every so often (and especially when she gets the smug, "I'm so smart" look on her face) I like to remind her that she can't be too bright, afterall, she's the one who said yes.

Bobby

Old 12-20-2013, 03:14 PM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
Buying two lottery tickets does not decrease your odds by half.
Actually it does as long as the additional ticket has different numbers...

Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math

Old 12-20-2013, 03:47 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I have worked in the homes of some of the richest families in the country. I have also worked in the poorest projects, and slums, and I have found without a doubt that money does not make you happy, period. If you are not content with life now, money wont fill the hole. Ok now if I bought a ticket and won? I would set up a blind trust, so nobody but a lawyer and the IRS would be aware that we won (no media circus). Then we would work with , and create charities. You never know for sure how you will act, until something like that happens, but I really believe my wife and I would continue to live modestly and try to do some good with a lot of the winnings. Of course Our kids and grandkids would be able to live modestly also. There is so much need in the world, we think it would be very rewarding addressing some of these needs. I would definitely get a new tailgate and continue in my hobby, but modestly. My wife likes to buy a ticket now and then, but I feel that if God wanted to entrust us with a lot of money, He would find a way to do it. If someone is generous that has a little, maybe he can be trusted with a lot, and visa versa. If someone is greedy that has a little, he will probably be greedy with a lot. This is actually something we have discussed, no mansion for us, cozy is better.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:36 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
I have worked in the homes of some of the richest families in the country. I have also worked in the poorest projects, and slums, and I have found without a doubt that money does not make you happy, period. If you are not content with life now, money wont fill the hole. Ok now if I bought a ticket and won? I would set up a blind trust, so nobody but a lawyer and the IRS would be aware that we won (no media circus). Then we would work with , and create charities. You never know for sure how you will act, until something like that happens, but I really believe my wife and I would continue to live modestly and try to do some good with a lot of the winnings. Of course Our kids and grandkids would be able to live modestly also. There is so much need in the world, we think it would be very rewarding addressing some of these needs. I would definitely get a new tailgate and continue in my hobby, but modestly. My wife likes to buy a ticket now and then, but I feel that if God wanted to entrust us with a lot of money, He would find a way to do it. If someone is generous that has a little, maybe he can be trusted with a lot, and visa versa. If someone is greedy that has a little, he will probably be greedy with a lot. This is actually something we have discussed, no mansion for us, cozy is better.
Amen, Brother! You speak the truth.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:14 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
To be honest, life is all about perspective. Most times I look around and see people driving nice cars, living in big houses and taking vacations to exotic places. I guess I'm envious but I also have a strong curiosity of how they are able to do it. I think I work just as hard, maybe I don't.

Now I'm sure there are many people who look at me and my life style and are quite envious of what I have and what I do. I don't do a whole lot. I haven't had a vacation in over, well, I can't remember. Other than taking the two trips to Truckstock and the one to Truckfest, I haven't gone anywhere. I also drive around in a rusting out '04 truck that I keep patching together to make it another year. Sure, I have 3 old trucks and an old Buick but these are almost cost neutral because I am savvy enough to be able to buy and sell parts cars. Three of the four vehicles I got as total rust buckets and are only in the condition that they are in because I busted my butt doing all of the work on them. And to be honest half of the money I get from selling parts tends to go toward family finances. I do all of my own work on the vehicles, the only thing I've farmed out is a front end alignment and new tires for the F-2 so I could safely take it on the three long trips.

To be totally honest some additional influx of cash would help a lot and would make me a lot happier. Hey, I'm being honest, money would make me happier. If I had more money to help with expenses there would be a lot of stress removed and I'd be happier. There are costs that have risen in the last 5 plus years that there is nothing I can do about expect accept them and pay them. Being self employed the biggest is health insurance. While the cost has almost doubled coverage has almost dwindled to nothing, basically catastrophic coverage. Money may not take care of all of my problems but I can tell you it would certainly make about 90% of them a lot better.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
LOL...I hear ya.

Every so often (and especially when she gets the smug, "I'm so smart" look on her face) I like to remind her that she can't be too bright, afterall, she's the one who said yes.

Bobby
Sometimes mine will say she is going to cutting me off ! And I reply with ,"how can you cut me off? You don't know where I'm getting it from" lol

Old 12-20-2013, 07:43 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
Sometimes mine will say she is going to cutting me off ! And I reply with ,"how can you cut me off? You don't know where I'm getting it from" lol
Chris, didn't you warn me last year that your wife is an ex-Marine and know at least 15 ways to kill without leaving a mark?!! You're messing with fire there my friend

Old 12-20-2013, 10:08 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
My uncle won $5000 off the latest mega-millions lottery. I was hoping he won more. $5000 doesn't get ya much anymore.

So I won't get a measley million or two for being related, lol.

Actually, had I won the big one, I could have still shared it with the other winning ticket and split half. Took my half, and gave every coworker a million dollars, every family member a million dollars, and still have a hundred million dollars to retire on. That's just too hard to fathom to me.

Of course, that would mean I'd have to buy a ticket in the first place.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:49 PM
1958 Ford F250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey "bobj49f2" I ADMIRE your HONESTY I AGREE.... I have a great life now but Paycheck to Paycheck and along with that brings allot of STRESS I have to be Honest too, I Would be happier with some extra cash to pay bills off and make life easier & better for my family.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:57 AM
Oz52F1
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd buy a large parcel of land to set up as a truck sanctuary, where all of the lonely trucks that nobody wants could spend their retirement years, happy in the knowledge that they would never be crushed....