1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 F250...I believe RSC issues = problems later for me

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 AM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
14 F250...I believe RSC issues = problems later for me

I've had my 2014 F250 for less than a month now. I'm having issues with what I now believe is the stability control. Issue is I coast through a turn that has a bump on it at approx 25-35mph, not fast or speeding at all, I get a pulse of the brakes. Why I believe it's a stability problem is this week I tried to have fun in the snow and I get the same deal when I try to slide the truck. Dealer really hasn't a clue yet, I'm taking it back for them to play with it this week. Once I get the issue resolved, my real issue is going to be I am going to lift the truck. I'll almost expect problems. Has anyone lifted a truck with stability control and not had issues? If you did how did you fix them? I know how to turn the system off with the dash button which isn't a long term fix. Looking for some input on someone who has lifted one.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:25 PM
TrailWhale
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally someone else with the same problem as me.

I have a 2012 F250, crew cab short bed, 6.2 truck and when ever I take a corner, that is slightly off angle, and catch a bit of bump I get the same brake pulse and even hear the brakes "grab". Occasionally I will get a traction control light as well but not every time.

Since yours is stock, and I've lifted mine, I can figure it's not the lift or tires that are causing the issue.

I've been to several dealers, and while I can duplicate the problem for them, no one has been able to figure out exactly why this is occurring. No codes are being thrown or stored.

We thought it might be steering position sensor being out of whack, so we recalibrated that, and still no fix. The latest dealer is contacting ford to see if there are any other suggestions from their end.

I would definitely like to keep in touch with you to see if either your dealer or mine can narrow this down.

And I will make this note, when I put the lift on, as I was backing out of the bay, I got a "Service Stabilitrac" message on the dash for about 2 seconds. It went away on its own and has never been back. There was no code stored when I took it to the dealer, and nothing appeared out of spec.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:30 AM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
I'll see what I can find out tomorrow when I take the truck down. I don't want it back until it's fixed. It has done this since the day I brought it home. I have 1200 miles on it and almost 400 of those miles are trips to the dealer and back. I believe 5 star can tune out the stability stuff. If I have to do that after a lift kit I'm ok with that but not a new, bone stock truck.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:53 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by projectnitemare
...Issue is I coast through a turn that has a bump on it at approx 25-35mph, not fast or speeding at all, I get a pulse of the brakes...
Originally Posted by TrailWhale
Finally someone else with the same problem as me...
Hi projectnitemare and TrailWhale,

I want to get this escalated up to your regional customer service managers so they can assist. Send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. I'll get this into their hands.

Crystal

Old 12-18-2013, 03:03 PM
TrailWhale
Junior User
Crystal,
Thanks for the help. I will PM you shortly with the info.

Nitemare
I did a little testing today. Drove the same road, same conditions, and same speeds. With the traction control and Stabilitrac on, there were several curves that the truck would nearly bring me to a stop on, and I would get the traction control light to flash. If I turned off the traction control (one pres of the dash switch) OR turn off the Stabilitrac (long press and hold of the dash switch) I would still have an issue, although not quite as bad. If I turned off BOTH traction control and Stabilitrac (one press on the dash switch, wait a few seconds, and then a press and hold of the dash switch) then I could drive the truck however I wanted and no feeling of the brakes engaging.

Maybe you can do the same and see if you have the same results.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:58 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailWhale
Crystal,
Thanks for the help. I will PM you shortly with the info...
I got your message, TrailWhale, and responded with your case information. Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Crystal

Old 02-21-2014, 11:23 PM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
It's been a while so time for an update. After many trips to the dealer (this was a few weeks ago...been quite busy) they finally accurately reproduced the problem. They checked it over and believed to have found the steering angle sensor was out of spec and replaced it. Problem still exists. They drove a few other trucks, same issue. The answer from the dealer is that it is characteristic of the vehicle. There is nothing broke so there is nothing the dealer can fix. I'll be down right honest, this issue is a disgrace. Characteristic of the vehicle or not myself and everyone else that has driven or rode in this truck say it's an issue that needs a fix. I've owned Fords since I started driving, pretty sure this is the last one.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Stanggt24
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
It's been a while so time for an update. After many trips to the dealer (this was a few weeks ago...been quite busy) they finally accurately reproduced the problem. They checked it over and believed to have found the steering angle sensor was out of spec and replaced it. Problem still exists. They drove a few other trucks, same issue. The answer from the dealer is that it is characteristic of the vehicle. There is nothing broke so there is nothing the dealer can fix. I'll be down right honest, this issue is a disgrace. Characteristic of the vehicle or not myself and everyone else that has driven or rode in this truck say it's an issue that needs a fix. I've owned Fords since I started driving, pretty sure this is the last one.
Hi Projectnitemare that seems to be there answer for any problem they don't have a answer for, my truck a 13 f250 sd c/c has a clunk when the truck downshifts from 2 to 1st if u stop fast at a light. They took a couple trucks for a ride and all though they made a clunk but not as bad as mine so again fords answer was normal characteristics of the truck with nothing to fix but I have the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper so they will own this problem for a couple more years

Old 03-08-2014, 12:42 PM
RLS390
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2007 E350 with RSC and want to hear from any one who knows of a fix!First the abs grabs at any time the thetraction control lite comes on w/ chime and service RSC. Scaned and got C1280 Yaw sensor Fault, Replaced sensor,VERY EXSPENSIVE. Same problem!Any imput?

Old 03-08-2014, 03:45 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,406 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Any chance that you can turn off the RSC in the message center if you have one?

Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 PM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
you can hold the traction control button for 5 seconds to disable everything. It will become active again after i believe 35mph. It's annoying to have to do this everytime I get in and start the truck but it does pretty much eliminate the problem. I contacted a few tuner companies and they can make the traction control disable upon startup but not the stability. I do know everything is disabled in low range so my possible next move is to fool everything to think it's in low range. I don't know if the truck is smart enough to realize it's not in low. It's terrible to have to screw with a brand new truck.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Anomic
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitemere i feel you

But keep in mind rsc is federal mandated and ford tried to build a system to satisfy the requirement so its partly O's fault!

I can see several scenarios where the trucks rsc engage brakes on a corner could be very dangerous!! Lots of corners you can go around at 35mph but maybe not if 1-2 of the brakes engage!

Old 10-13-2020, 09:32 PM
Danieldorado
Trailering
Have you come up with a fix for this . form what i gather it seems to be a programing issue . i have 2016 4x f 250 it does the same exact thing . i been back and fourth to dealer with this issue no codes . and all updates done .