Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > 401, 477, & 534 SD Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2013, 10:07 AM
New User

haminator is starting off with a positive reputation.
68 Super Duty what to keep?

Hi folks. I'm new to this site. I'm hauling off an old 68 10 wheel Super Duty and am wondering what would be worth keeping. On the list of item I am for sure keeping are the scoop, emblems, tach dash, browny box. I believe it has the fabled 534 but don't know if I should scrap it or not. It has the high rood cab, I believe it to be solid and straight. Is any of this worth holding on too? I hate scrapping good parts. If I could bring in the truck complete I would but I'll have to remove it where it is in 3 sections. Any advise would be helpful. I'll also get some pictures today.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:36 AM
New User

Well, the cab nor the doors are as nice as I remembered so to the scrap yard it will go. Judging by the lack of response to my thread there is little to no interest in these engines as well. It would make an excellent and different Rat Rod engine, however the weight could cause issues. I'll just keep the "cool" stuff and scrap the rest.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Posting Guru

dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.
I wish you were closer I would be interested in the complete engine - But too far for that I would guess?

I would be highly interested in the linkage parts for the governor and carb throttle if you have not scrapped them yet. I also need the support bracket from the steering tube to the dash.

I am also looking for the super duty script from the hood sides.

Also, very interested in the transmission control stuff if it is a Transmatic (Allison)

David
90 F250 7.5L E4OD, 03 F350 SD auto with the infamous diesel 6.0 for work, 70 C600 330 MT40 & 72 IH Fleetstar 6V-53 MT41 - dump trucks - both are AUTOMATICS! O2 Oldsmobile Bravada, Kubota L3200, Hustler Super Z mower, all Hydrostatics, 85 Honda Elite 250 & 150 scooter CVT - Nary a manual in the fleet!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:02 PM
New User

I did scrap it. It had a manual trans. I did keep the "Super Duty" emblems for the purpose to sell. I took the column support strap off to try to lower the column but didn't keep it, dang it. Between the crappy weather and the rat crap all over everything I didn't take off much. If it would have been nicer I surely would have. I have no idea what the emblems are worth. They appear to be pit free, I need to clean off the white over spray and see for sure. haminatorfam@aol.com. I'd be more than happy to send some pictures.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:08 PM
New User

You know I did read your post before about the carb and governor linkage but somehow I thought you were looking for "C" series stuff, dang it again.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Posting Guru

dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.
Darn it, well thanks for the reply.

Please let me know what you want for the super duty script.

David
90 F250 7.5L E4OD, 03 F350 SD auto with the infamous diesel 6.0 for work, 70 C600 330 MT40 & 72 IH Fleetstar 6V-53 MT41 - dump trucks - both are AUTOMATICS! O2 Oldsmobile Bravada, Kubota L3200, Hustler Super Z mower, all Hydrostatics, 85 Honda Elite 250 & 150 scooter CVT - Nary a manual in the fleet!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM
New User

Feel free to make an offer. I haven't seen any others to gauge a value. I also got the windshield trim, hood latches, visors, hood reflectors, shutters with the temp actuator tach dash (sort of)and head light bezels. I think that's about it. I don't want to turn this into a for sale thread. wish it would have been in a little better shape, I like stuff on the unusual side. I've even caught some grief from chevy guys for scrapping it. The rats were the worst part. not to mention vandals.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > 401, 477, & 534 SD Engines