Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Freshman User

MYWEIGH is starting off with a positive reputation.
I really appreciate all your responses and you advice. I would like to get greedy and ask - recommended flush product and the proper coolant - I'm located in so. fla we stay pretty warm ALL the time.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:09 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
There is a procedure to do the flush, very indepth. I would suggest you consult your local dealer and see what they would charge.

Ford gold coolant is what it takes and that is what I would consider using again.

some speculation about converting over to ELC but I have not really heard very many have.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 12-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Freshman User

again thanks for the assistance - Merry Christmas to you and yours
Old 01-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post
I am thinking just do the flush. Your delta's are still fine.

I don't think any long term damage at this time.
well I did the flush - didn't really notice a whole lot of dirt / debris coming out. used the ford gold and diluted 50/50 w/ distilled water as recommended. now my water & oil are closer in delta but - my water goes from 193 - 205 and my oil is from 197 - 210 doesn't really stay at one reading real long - even on cruise control 78 mph. I really thought I remember the oil steady @ 203. any thoughts?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
If you are steady cruising on level road and it is fluctuating like that. It would make me wonder if during the flush procedure you got some stuff in one of the t stats.

So were these fluctuations consistant? Can you time them between a certain interval?

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post
If you are steady cruising on level road and it is fluctuating like that. It would make me wonder if during the flush procedure you got some stuff in one of the t stats.

So were these fluctuations consistant? Can you time them between a certain interval?
if you mean the fluctuations between the 2 temps - yes they would both fluctuate. as far as flat ground - here in So. Florida the only time it's not flat is at a land fill. went to Miami 90+ miles and they would change consistently. outside temp 65* and rainy the whole trip. I don't if this this information is what you're asking. I just know my truck and something is definitely different. what is the temp range on the oil and water? unable to really time - changes fairly quick - seconds ? thanks again
Old 01-09-2014, 04:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel