Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2013, 04:26 PM
New User

75RangerXLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
1975 Ford F100 Styleside Rear Bumper Brackets

Hello everyone. I am a new owner of a 1975 Ford Ranger XLT. This is my first new old truck and I am very much looking forward to fixing her up. I need some help though as I find myself somewhat in over my head.

I need the rear bumper brackets for my truck and they are for the non-step bumper. I have not been able to find anything on these. Any information I would greatly appreciate!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Post Fiend

HIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75RangerXLT View Post
Hello everyone. I am a new owner of a 1975 Ford Ranger XLT. This is my first new old truck and I am very much looking forward to fixing her up. I need some help though as I find myself somewhat in over my head.

I need the rear bumper brackets for my truck and they are for the non-step bumper. I have not been able to find anything on these. Any information I would greatly appreciate!
Welcome to FTE.

Do you intend to install a factory-style "contour" bumper as pictured below? If so, here is a thread for info: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...-brackets.html

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:41 PM
New User

I appreciate it! Looks like I will be having a difficult time finding these brackets. Not entirely sure what the guy did with them in the first place.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Post Fiend

HIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to behold
Check with Dennis Carpenter (1967-1979 | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts) I was perusing their newest catalog and recall seeing them offered.

About $120 or so.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:03 PM
New User

Do you know if the 63-72 brackets would work? They look similar I think!
Old 12-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Post Fiend

I have a pair of Bump styleside brackets and the top mounting holes (one side) measure 9 inches on-center. Same as a Dentside (I went out and measured my truck).

The difference btwn Bumps and most Dents is that the former has a narrower frame. Now, assuming that a Dent-specific bumper is used, the inner holes should be about one inch outboard of the frame width and then the outer holes are nine inches outboard of them.

Btw, the OEM license plate lights, caps, and housing/pigtails are a rare find in the 'yards. Go price 'em at Dennis Carpenter and I'll check back after ya pick your jaw off the floor.

If ever wanting to tow, start hunting the yards for a big Bronco frame-mounted, Class III receiver hitch.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks