Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2013, 02:44 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

tilelayher is starting off with a positive reputation.
Traded in ecoboost for 5.0. Right choice?

HI I had a ecoboost that had the shutter, i read all these horror stories about the peoples trucks in worse shape once ford tries to fix them, mine had the highway shudden which is scary with 2 kids in the back. I decided to trade the truck in and get a 5.0. Should i have let ford try to fix this? I will say the 5.0 sucks on gas compaired to the eco.. thoughts?? I like the new truck but the mileage sucks compaired to the old one.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:30 AM
Senior User
2013 Ford F-350

wagner78 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.wagner78 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I guess it would come down to safety and money. You want your family safe, so if you feel safer in the 5.0, then it was the right choice. Monetarily, I don't know how much you made/lost on trading in one for the other. I'd offer that I would have probably let Ford "fix" it first, but in the end safety and the perception of it is what matters far more.

2013 F350 CC 6.7 - 4" Banks exhaust, 295/70/18 Nittos, Train horns, ProTuningLabs HIDs 6K, 4x2 front air dam
2012 Ford F150 EcoBoost, 4" BDS lift, 4" exhaust, Intake, Custom tune - SOLD
Old 12-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

billybobzia is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilelayher View Post
HI I had a ecoboost that had the shutter, i read all these horror stories about the peoples trucks in worse shape once ford tries to fix them, mine had the highway shudden which is scary with 2 kids in the back. I decided to trade the truck in and get a 5.0. Should i have let ford try to fix this? I will say the 5.0 sucks on gas compaired to the eco.. thoughts?? I like the new truck but the mileage sucks compaired to the old one.
When you say it sucks on gas, what is the difference? From what I have read most people only see a 1-2 mpg difference??

I just got a 5.0 and coming from an old 4.6, I am very pleasantly surprised with the gas mileage. I mean, its a 6000 lb truck, I didn't expect it to get 25 mpg, but it did get 19 mpg on a recent 750 miles trip, up and over two mountain passes with 4 people and a full bed worth of camping gear and other stuff.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:02 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)