I have an aFe CAI on my truck, but there are others that are just as great. You will hear a lot of opinions on them. Here's mine:
1. They look cool.
2. They can and will pack with snow in snowy environments.
3. There is no difference in performance on a stock truck.
4. You do not need to be tuned to run them (can be run on a stock truck).
5. You will hear a slight turbo whistle with them that sounds really good and leaves you wanting more.
6. The rest of the sound change is wishful thinking
7. There is no increase in power or mileage.
8. Did I mention they look cool?
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (3 doos)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Savage nailed it!
Ran an aFe on my D-Max, looked cool, turbo whistle.
I will say it was a "lifetime filter", super easy to clean & maintain. Used the same cleaner process for the atv's & dirt bikes, K&N cleaner & filter oil.
'12 SuperDuty F-350 Lariat FX4 - Rancho 4" Radius Arm Lift, 7000 Monotubes, TGC Bilstein Dual Steer Stab, Fuel Octane 20x9's inside Toyo AT II 35x12.50's, Sun Roof, Leer Shell 100xq Browning Package, Bed Rug & Swing Out Tool Boxes, Recon this that & then some, AMP Powersteps.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.