6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Edge CTS Blue "X"

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 04:58 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Edge CTS Blue "X"

In the last thread I created about an update for the Edge CTS, a few people commented that after the update they lost the red R during regen and now had a blue X in its place. I finally figured out what the blue X is for.

I noticed the blue X this morning and curiosity got the best of me. Turns out it is a maintenance reminder. When playing around a few weeks ago I had set an oil change reminder and that is what it was trying to tell me. Once I reset that, the blue X was gone.

By the way, Edge just came out with another CTS update that added a few cool new features. Maybe if I get bored later I will true to load the update.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Romeo Scorpion
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest update seems to be good so far. Red X is back during regens, and additional screens are pretty slick as well.

Also, no more goofiness after a remote start. You no longer have to touch the screen to get it to come on after remote starting. It's on when you jump in and does not restart when you insert and turn on the key.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:24 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the update Romeo! I'm glad to hear that the features keep getting better with every update. These things are starting to actually get user friendly.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:00 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Here's the PDF.
I'm going to go get mine and update it.
Maybe it will stop the boost @ 0 PSI alert when the engine is off.

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_...cle-pdf-92.pdf

Old 11-23-2013, 06:48 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Nope, doesn't fix the boost alert.
Didn't even start the engine and it still complained.
Oh well, I'll turn the alert off now.
Saw the new PIDs. I'll play around with those.
Changed my battery voltage PID to the % grade for now.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Romeo Scorpion
Senior User
Just found an issue. If you roll through the different display screens repeatedly, it sometimes hangs up on the G-force screen. Did it twice while I was messing with it. Had to turn off the truck to reset it.

BTW, I meant to say red R in my previous post, not red X.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:46 PM
majkthreads
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just wish they'd come out with a 2014 update. They have no idea when they will have the CTS work with the 2014's.

My poor little CTS is just sitting by my monitor as a paper weight until they do.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:28 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Well, the % grade PID is about useless on the XLT trucks at least.
On flat ground, it has been reporting anywhere from 4% to 8% grade so it's a bit confused and jumps around when not moving.
I have the basic information center so I don't have the pitch/roll like the LCD screen has but I was curious if my truck knew but didn't report it to a screen.
Doesn't seem like my truck knows.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Romeo Scorpion
Senior User
Originally Posted by kper05
Well, the % grade PID is about useless on the XLT trucks at least.
On flat ground, it has been reporting anywhere from 4% to 8% grade so it's a bit confused and jumps around when not moving.
I have the basic information center so I don't have the pitch/roll like the LCD screen has but I was curious if my truck knew but didn't report it to a screen.
Doesn't seem like my truck knows.
I believe that the pitch/roll displayed by the EDGE CTS uses it's own built-in accelerometer, not that of the truck. On mine, pushing on the Edge device itself can change the pitch and roll readings.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:57 AM
2piecespecial
Senior User
Where did you guys run the cable from the OBDll port to the Module? Thanks.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Lastwagen
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2piecespecial
Where did you guys run the cable from the OBDll port to the Module? Thanks.
Pull the drivers side door seal loose by the dash. Pop out the dash side plastic and you can access for either a dash pod or windshield mount. Too easy.

I like the latest update from Edge.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:39 PM
savage250
Tuned
Originally Posted by majkthreads
I just wish they'd come out with a 2014 update. They have no idea when they will have the CTS work with the 2014's.

My poor little CTS is just sitting by my monitor as a paper weight until they do.
I hear you... when I bought my 2013 in December last year my CTS wouldn't work and Edge told me the same thing -- no idea when.

It was end of January if I remember right.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:04 AM
bnmccoy
Elder User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found after the update that the Red 'dot' for regen was coming on later than original; IIRC when the 4th Temperature sensor goes above 1150 it is on; when below 1150 it is off.

I actually have the regen status PID picked for lower right of display screen I use and it comes on pretty much in sync with a message on the dash; and much sooner than the Red 'dot'. I might add that prior to the update the red 'dot' never matched the monitoring of this PID either and would be slowly flashing from 'on' and 'off' toward end of regen sometimes.

I was hoping the manual regen was possible while running down the road, which it isn't; however, it does work on my 2012 at idle.

Bob

Old 11-28-2013, 05:59 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Originally Posted by bnmccoy
I found after the update that the Red 'dot' for regen was coming on later than original; IIRC when the 4th Temperature sensor goes above 1150 it is on; when below 1150 it is off.

I actually have the regen status PID picked for lower right of display screen I use and it comes on pretty much in sync with a message on the dash; and much sooner than the Red 'dot'. I might add that prior to the update the red 'dot' never matched the monitoring of this PID either and would be slowly flashing from 'on' and 'off' toward end of regen sometimes.

I was hoping the manual regen was possible while running down the road, which it isn't; however, it does work on my 2012 at idle.

Bob

Interesting: Do you know where the 4<sup>th</sup> temperaturesensor is located physically and do the other three EGT sensors go above 1150degrees during Regen.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:15 AM
gdhillon
Senior User
doesnt adding a tuner void warranty?...or am I completely wrong? lol

Quick Reply: Edge CTS Blue "X"