Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
New User

rjrandy96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
fuel filter light

I have 93 f350 with 7.3l idi non turbo. i run in the winter time 50/50 wmo and #2 diesel. but recently its been getting extremly cold so prior to mixing the diesel and oil iv been putting an anti gel additive in the diesel. and sense i started doing that my fuel filter light comes on if i hit the gas hard. I heared the issue is the additive and oil makes clumps and i should just not use it because the oil will make it thick but will stop it from gelling up. Is any of this true?
Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Elder User

speedwrench72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
your CFFF (cold fuel flow factor) of your fuel filter is to low...or your filter needs changed, and or your fuel heater in the top of filter head is not working. or your lift pump is weak. cuz your ip is pulling on the filter head, and triggering the light. the Ip has a transfer pump in it that, can pull on the fuel, the switch in the filter head is like 1lb of neg pressure or a vacume. to trigger, the light.
Wanted 93 crew cab f350 idi... Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voteing on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-Armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin... My Boy is a MARINE.... 72 F250 390 HI BOY 4speed.... 91 E350 7.3 idi..KF7POL
Old 03-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Postmaster

joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.
When I'm running a fuel mix too thick for the temperature, I can actually feel when the engine starts starving for fuel. Mine doesn't have the filter light so it's all by feel.
Many guys who burn oil mix it with a little bit of gasoline to thin it out and help it ignite easier. About 10% gasoline in your oil is said to be the best mix, then take that mix and mix it into your diesel like you've been doing with just oil.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels