Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Elder User

norfolknova is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Norfolknova's 66 F100 Build

I was able to get out and start working on my 660 F100, more deconstructing at this point.
I got the rear bumper and the bed off of the truck. The frame is still pretty sold, plenty of surface rust but no rot on it. We started to remove the fenders and the rest of the front end, but did not get too far on that.

Matt
Old 12-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Postmaster

crazed87bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
What kind of can of worms did you open up? What's the plans for the build?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Elder User

I know some are not fans of the restomods, but it is going to get the CV IFS, Mark VIII IRS, a 4V 4.6L, and a 5 speed manual.

I am not concerned with being able to put a load on the truck, I have a 92 F250 for doing that. I just really like the lines of the 66 and older trucks

Matt
Old 12-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Postmaster

crazed87bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like the sounds of this build full independent suspension all the way around. Any ideas on color yet? Good luck I'll be watching this build for sure.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Elder User

As of right now the primary color will be white, with the roof and fenders where they are contoured a dark blue, although we did unearth a light blue that may have been the original color under the radiator. I will have to play around with the colors a little bit before I decide and buy paint.

matt
Old 12-08-2013, 12:22 PM
New User

South66F100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolknova View Post
I know some are not fans of the restomods, but it is going to get the CV IFS, Mark VIII IRS, a 4V 4.6L, and a 5 speed manual.

I am not concerned with being able to put a load on the truck, I have a 92 F250 for doing that. I just really like the lines of the 66 and older trucks

Matt
Cool project! I also think the lines of the '61 to '66 trucks is just a cool style in between the aero 50's and squared off look of the 70's. BTW, do you know where to get the frame specifications?
Old 12-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Elder User

Faber is starting off with a positive reputation.
awesome....
everyone loves a build thread, keep the pics coming

Old 12-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by South66F100 View Post
Cool project! I also think the lines of the '61 to '66 trucks is just a cool style in between the aero 50's and squared off look of the 70's. BTW, do you know where to get the frame specifications?
Unfortunately I do not know where to get the frame specs. Once i have everything of the frame I will just use triangulation to check for straightness. I will measure from the axle centerlines then from measure across the frame to the end of the opposite frame rail. Just like when you check a wall for square. It should give me an idea of how true the frame still is.

I will definitely keep the pics coming as I make progress

Matt
Old 12-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Elder User

I got out to wok on the truck for a couple of hours. i got the left fender completely removed.
Just how many bolts did it take to hold a fender on in 1966. LOL
Hopefully now that I know where all of the bolts are at the right fender will go easier. Plus I did take the generator out with me so I could use the grinder for greater persuasion on those pesky rusted bolts

Matt
Old 12-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Elder User

Saturday Dec. 15
I made it back out to work on the truck some more. But first this morning I met up with someone to pick up some fenders that were in much better shape than mine. They ned a little work but are fixable.

I got all of the front sheet metal off of he truck. the radiator support frame mounts there they go through the frame needs to be repaired.

I also got one of the cab mounts loose. I hope to have the cab off next weekend and get the frame pressure washed

matt
Old 12-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Elder User

I got out this weekend and made some more progress on my truck. I got the cab off, pulled the motor and trans, and pressure washed the chassis. I soaked all of the grease down a second time with purple power and will let it sit over night and hit it again with a pressure washer tomorrow. Hopefully this week I can get the steel tube and plate I need to start getting the IRS and IFS installed next weekend if the weather holds up

Here is a few pics of the progress

Old 01-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Elder User

I took advantage of a day off with nice weather and worked on the truck some more. I got the front suspension and the front cross member removed. Next time I get over to work on it I should have the Grand Marquis front cross member on.

I do now have an entire front suspension available from drum to drum to the power steering box that was on it, The only thing that did not survive was the passenger side radius arm, the nut was too rusted to get it off intact.

Matt
Old 01-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Posting Guru

Shadowrider123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
IMO the absolute best paint scheme on these trucks are the ones that Ford put on them when they were new.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Elder User

I have been considering going with the same paint scheme also, just updated for colors, maybe the early 2000's Laser Red and a nice crisp white, and a base coat/clear coat paint

matt
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Junior User

66ordie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow....

It's showing a lot of progress, I find it interesting because I am doing similar things to my 66. I just finished relocating the tank and I have a CV front end that I am going through before I jump into that job. I will be following your thread, good luck.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks