1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Guys can i have a min of you're time

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Cody_1948
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys can i have a min of you're time

Guys, ive been thinkin the pass few nites im been away for work, sitting at nite here in the hotel, looking over old post of mine, from when i first started working on my F1, she wasnt pretty, nor was she even really wroth my time lol, it was a money pit, no matter how much money i put into it, wasnt going to help with the bad rust, or the beat and big holes in the floor pans, but no matter now much of a pile it was, you guys where always there to help me, i really feel if it wasnt for you guys and the fte, i would have givin up on it long ago, and nor would i have found my 1950, I do wish there more young people my age into old cars and trucks, but even with me being young i loved how you all took me under you're wings, so as i sitt here i raise my glass of cold beer to you all, each and every one of you guys are like family to me, youre all welcome at my little shop any time, or to just to stop by and drink a cold one, thanks again guys. for everything

Old 12-03-2013, 09:49 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
I'm having one for you right this minute! A lot of us have kids that care not about old trucks, so here we are, all ages, tossed together, and I for one am glad of it! Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Cody, I want to thank you for your passion for the classics. People like you are keeping these trucks on the road and alive!

Old 12-04-2013, 04:26 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont know your age Cody but I am born in 79 and I consider myself as "Young" atleast for a few more years,

I am working hard to influence my son 4 years aand daugther 1.5 years that old cars/trucks is the shti

Old 12-04-2013, 05:28 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
old trucks keep you young..and broke..glad you have found friends here..

Old 12-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does our hearts good to see younger fellas take up the same passion us older (and may I say wiser) gents have enjoyed most our lives. I too started my affliction in my youth. Once hooked you'll play hell trying to stay away from it. Unlike most other additions this one, at least, your whole family can enjoy and take pride in. I for one tend to name each and every old truck I've ever had the pleasure to care take (I don't think we ever "own" them). My peers may agree here that each one seems to have it's own personality, quirks and habits. In time, I name each one based on it's character (currently: Rose, Rhino, Lil Bit & Girdy II). Their like having a mistress...only legit. Do any of you do the same thing or am I just an ole basket case?
Capt'n

Old 12-04-2013, 01:45 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You remind me of me, a lot at your age. You possess the only thing that is absolutely necessary to restore one of theses trucks, that is ambition and not being afraid to ask someone how to do something. The rest will come. I think we all admire your passion and ambition. Looking forward to watching as you proceed on your 50. Rite on Cody, keep on truckin!

Old 12-04-2013, 01:56 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Just think of the first one as experience gained! I for one am always glad to help out a young enthusiast who is just starting out. Without that encouragement, there won't be anyone left to act as caretakers of our rides we gave so much love and sweat (and $$) to, when we are gone.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:29 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well said Cody, it is good to hear that not all of us here are as old or older than our trucks. It is good to have some young blood!

Old 12-04-2013, 02:54 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cody glad you are keeping the tradition going. As you get older you may find out what a lot of us have discovered. Even thought I am older than my 49 f3 when I get in it I feel like a kid again and it isn't even drivable yet. Just think of what I have to look forward too. Have fun.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:05 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
So Cody this is brilliant; drinking alone in a hotel room toasting people you haven't met. Seriously, there is a certain clarity that can come with quiet moments and thoughts. This forum has been a grand resource, even for a grey hair like me. Glad you're along for the ride.

Now, if we can just get the USPS to work with us. .. (I haven't been home to check on our delivery yet today -I'll text you with an update later)

Old 12-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Project-55
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have become a society where everything is disposable, we change cars every 3 years, cell phones every year, etc.

It brightens my day to see a few young men like you (and the ladies too) who believe in maintaining our past rather than smelting it down into some new trinket or other.

I support you 100%.

Gary

Old 12-04-2013, 04:21 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cody - Young guys/girls like you keep us Old Farts thinking, or at least trying to, when you ask questions
You've been a good listener even when what was said may not have been what you wanted to hear - You have also stepped up and shared your knowledge with others

Old 12-04-2013, 07:48 PM
newguy399
Senior User
Guys I'm a young pup to and just starting out and we owe alot to you older gentlemen for your tips and tricks,I'm having a drink for you guys

Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Not mall of us old guys are gentlemen, be careful.....

Quick Reply: Guys can i have a min of you're time