Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

December FTE Missouri chapter chat & BS thread, all welcome.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 08:09 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
December FTE Missouri chapter chat & BS thread, all welcome.

Well ok, I'll do it since the chapter leader (Hello Terry in KC) decided to sleep in, he probably worked late last night anyway.

I actually forgot its the 1st of Dec, and I am even 10 hrs ahead you you all.

And evidently so did everyone else in Mo except for Boon and Mosouthernboy. (And he is in a different time zone too)

Old 12-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep kunar province Afghanistan fob wright :/ kinda sucks only 2 more months though happy to come home and see the wife and family. After I however get my lift and stuff done would anybody wanna have a small meet around Jefferson City and just go cruise for abit? Or is there certain meets at certain places?

Old 12-01-2013, 09:08 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

Well, ....December already. ....Holy crap!

Boon, the plan is to have EQ at the jamboree. I need a trailer and tow truck before I commit to that, though. I'll at least have one of the three there. Possibly two or more, but we'll see.

Hey, Mosouth. What's your name so we don't have to type so much. We're a bunch of lazy old people on here. ...(except for that young guy, RC)

I put off putting up the Christmas lights as long as I could, so I guess that's gonna happen today. I have no other plans from there. I would like to get back to bending metal on the C-cab, but we'll see how that works out.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Yes only 2 more months.... of fed tax exempt, hazzard or dislocation pay, seperation pay, what ever they call it now, you earned it! And a ton more, vet to vet, thanks again.

We can try and plan a G2G when and where ever, it all depends on what most folks have planned work, life and truck wise.

We have not had a Jeff City G2G, Lake of the Ozarks x2 is as far that direction as we have gotten. We plan what works best for most folks, and Springfield is usually the rally point due to its location.

We have a lot of members in and around KC, but we have not made it up there either. We always try to have one at the 4Wheel Jamboree in June, but by then you will be in Ft Polk and that's a long ways to Missouri for a hamburger and Ford truck BS section.

Stay in touch as often as possible and we'll (more like they, cause I will be OTR till end of Feb) see what we (they) can set up. All it takes is a G2G thread and a poll on the date and location.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
77&79f250 and earthquake, sounds good and what was your mos if u don't mind me asking? And yes I'll be home for 2 weeks, however the lake sounds good haven't been there in a long long time, so perhaps one of those days, if any of you guys got a Facebook? Or. Personal email I could reach you guys at? And yea absolutely earthquake my names dalton, but everybody calls me country or junior, hint at only being 20 here ina few weeks lol. And gl 👍👍 on the Christmas lights, since I'm field artillery we will just shoot some illum rounds up, other than the day to day stuff around here just looking at things for the pickup, I was goin to do some custom fab when I get back on the mirrors, I was gunna take out the triangle windows, and weld some kind of plate in, and then bolt in like the 05 cummins tow mirrors or the new 2014 f350 king ranch edition style mirrors, and fiber glass a case around it so it's just not a plate, but not sure if I wanna take on the project being on a army post for another year :/

Old 12-01-2013, 10:09 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Dalton. I was a Sapper. (12B) My nephew is also a Sapper and is in my old company on Ft. Polk. (A Co. 4/10)

I have a FB you can search. That way you can check out my shop page and see what I do from day to day.

My name is Alan, btw.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:22 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
No problem back in the day it was a 67T-Tactical Transport Helicopter Repair, now its called a 15T-UH-60 Helicopter repairer.

I was a mechanic for a few months out of AIT on Huey's and little birds. Then changed units and got to wrench on my actual MOS helo for 2 months then I became a crewchief/door gunner on the UH-60 Blackhawk for 19 years.

Retired out of Ft Rucker as a Flight Engineer/Door Gunnery Instructor, better job than being a millionaire **** star that owned Big Foot IMO, lol.

Alan you sapper's and FA guys are to tough for me, but my MOS did get me a FAA license and lead to this job.

Stay safe Dalton Country Junior, lol.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Dalton, you're from the Eugene area? Small world, I'm about twenty miles away in Russellville. Your uncle Tom Fischer did some work on my first car nearly 30 years ago.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:14 PM
97 Mountain Man
Fleet Mechanic
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
So happy it's December. I only work 13 days this month. The 18th will be the last day of work for the year for me.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:22 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Limo tint on truck windows.....I brought this from the November thread.....

I've basically been in law enforcement most of my life. I was in federal law enforcement for 17 years, and I have always tinted my Windows with limo tint...saying that now let me tell you that it is not the best idea unless you have power windows. My cadillac has limo tint, but power windows. When I see a cop I roll them down....when I'm backing out of my driveway at night I roll them down...I would not limo the side glass on your truck. Back glass is ok especially if you have a sliding back glass. But side windows I would not. I'm going legal tint on sides.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:02 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
QUIT POSTIN' IN THE NOVEMBER THREAD!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm done venting. I guess I better get my you know what together and get some lights up.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:23 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Get'm Alan, this means you RC! Snowing to beat the band here Brrrrrr.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34
Dalton, you're from the Eugene area? Small world, I'm about twenty miles away in Russellville. Your uncle Tom Fischer did some work on my first car nearly 30 years ago.
Yes, originally my mothers side of the family is From around jc and Eugene brazito and Henley mo, my Uncle Tom, uncle rick and my granddad Raymond fisher taught me everything, Raymond (grandpa) put me through autobody school at 16 and I joined the army as a 13b field artillery on the m777a2. But I cannot wait to be a civilian again in a year and 9 months and do some painting and autobody work. By any chance do u still know any of the fishers living down there? Or u may know my mother, Tina fisher

Old 12-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Anyway enough rambling about family stuff, hope you get them lights up and you are safe out there stay warm

Old 12-01-2013, 03:43 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
ok ok ya'll.. i made a mistake and posted in the November thread in dec.... not all of us have a calendar handy..ha ha ha ha .. but i can move my last post if that will make all of ya'll happy...

Originally Posted by whiskey runner
doing good here ..just gonna go visit a little and go back by the shop..

Mosouthernboy .....i know a little about ft. polk.. i was stationed at england afb a couple of years ago.. and i would go to leesville from time to time and watch the ground pounders craw around in the dirt playing army... peason range is where us flyboys used to play with our f105's then our a7d's...

Quick Reply: December FTE Missouri chapter chat & BS thread, all welcome.