Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

December FTE Missouri chapter chat & BS thread, all welcome.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Cerpindicular
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mosouthernboy
Now for the bad...I got my wheels and tires last Thursday, the company said my headers was delivered on friday and my dad hasn't received anything from them besides wheels and tires, so I call the company and they say they have to track it. And see where it is. So I ask how is it still moving if it's apparently been delivered, and the company LOST MY TRACKING NUMBER for $500 shorty headers...gah!!!!!!!!! The frustrations! Now I gotta call the manufacturer and see about a refund.
I had something like this happen when i had my cj with the 20 rear end. I spun a axle (2 piece axles hub locked in to place with a woodruff key or whatever the hell they are called) order a superior axle 1 piece set with everything i needed they got "lost" when they hit springfield. The company was awesome though and sent me out another set immediately

Old 12-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Cerpindicular
Posting Guru
speaking of puppies i have 4 that were born on the 5th. Not only were they a accident but mama dog was about half the size as she was on her last litter of 9 so I wasn't expecting them. She had been out running around and playing earlier that day. Put her in my sons room that night with him because he apparently has to have her in there to sleep. Went to let her out at 11 and couldn't find here called her a few times and nothing, Was like oooooook I know i put her in here am i losing my mind and let her out already? Then my other dogs wondered in behind me and thats when i heard her grumbling and a squeky whine. Was like wtf...she doesn't whine like that...found her under the bed way in the back behind his under the bed drawer with her first puppy. Had to move the heavy bunk bed to get her and the puppy out. Was a fun night. Ok enough storry time for me

Old 12-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Got several good things! Got my new parts, finally!! And dad took southern belle to get a bath and a guy offered 5000 for her. And I just couldn't get rid of her,

I passed up a puppy a guy offered completely different off breed than what he had told me.

Rich if u need assistance via electronics I'll help you with that...that's definitely a area I love. As far as straight talk they use all the major carriers towers so you should get good service.

Been cold outside today so I can only imagine missouri, and I cannot wait wait to be back. A year and 7 months left until I have my freedom out and can work on cars doin paint and etc.

Hope yall are staying warm.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Morning everyone.

What is it with puppies this week? The education guard's dog had 6 puppies over the weekend and he's already working on people to take them home.

The last week or so hasn't been a whole lot of fun. Complications from diabetes and cold, wet weather have been making me pretty miserable lately. Never have I had so much trouble simply finding a pair of winter shoes that don't kill my feet. I'm just about ready to step back 100 years and tie some animal pelts to my feet and call it good enough.

Spending part of the day in the hospital waiting room while my sister has an outpatient procedure done today. If all goes well I should be able to get a few hours in at work this afternoon.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:38 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good luck on finding a pleasurable way to pass the time Dave. Everybody make the most of the day. I'm out to pester customers in the Boonville area.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
I have my laptop so I think I can find a way to amuse myself.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Originally Posted by Mosouthernboy
I can only imagine (how bad the job market is in) Missouri, (and the rest of the US) I cannot wait wait to be back. A year and 7 months left until I have my freedom out and can work on cars doing paint and etc.
I would be looking at or at least considering "staying in" and reclassifying as an options IMO.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
I know I know rich, but it's just not for me, not too happy incthe army. I do have a question anybody got a f150 with 35x12.50 tires that can show me the tire stance? Cause I'm concerned now about how far they will stick out.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:26 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Stay in or get out.....best of luck in what ever you choose.

Depends on your rim off set/back spacing sorry no pic, why worry about sticking out to far your local cops a PITA about it or worried about your paint?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:30 AM
boonslick
Elder User
Military Career

Originally Posted by 77&79F250
I would be looking at or at least considering "staying in" and reclassifying as an options IMO.
Hello and good morning Rich!

I have a nephew who is currently in the Army as a Helo Mechanic and Door Gunner as well.

I have suggested remaining in the Army as a career choice through my brother, ex-Marine, but he is adamant to return to the Civilian life thinking he can get a job as a Helo Mechanic. I do not know how the job market is for a mechanic but it would surprise me if it was lucrative.

Shute, he could put in "his 20" and still be out at 38 years old, draw a pension, have medical benefits, GI Bill among others.

I did not have the honor of serving our country; but oh if I had it all over to do again the Military would have been my choice.

Just rambling on.

It is 25 with 23 mph wind gusts so it is not a good day for the boneyard. Perhaps later when the wind dies down, I hope.

So what are you up to?

Keep sticking it to the bad guys!

Take care and stay safe.

Boon

However, he is his own man so he must make the choice.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Is he a Blackhawk or Chinook CE/DG? No matter, but what does matter is you tell him to get his A&P license WHILE HE IS STILL IN. DO NOT WAIT TILL HE IS OUT.

His AIT grad slip and DD214 and a ? is proof of "18 months practical experience" and that is what is needed by the FAA to issue him his 3 each 8610's (authorization slips).

Those are what the FAA issues you to be able to go to a school to get the A&P, actually it is a General, Airframe and Powerplant license.

He should be able get tuition assistance while he is in and go to 10 day mini course. It normally take 2 years, yes 2 years if you go the long route.

"NCI" North Central Institute in Clarksville Tennessee offers a mini course and the FAA has a FSDO office in Nashville and they will bring a FAA DME from Nashville to the school for the O&P. (Oral & Practical)

To get any aviation job actually working on aircraft he needs a A&P, unless he wants to drive a fuel truck, then you need a class something aruther w/hazmat.

Alot of jobs and it pays well, but its still a hard nut to crack going from military to civi in the aviation world. But lots of gov contractor jobs and those companies prefer prior military anyway.

Its cold and late here and I'm tired......

Old 12-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Mosouthernboy
Senior User
Yea i gave it some serious consideration but the army just isn't for me, too much bs, too much nonsense. Plus family has always came first and with grandpa getting ready to pass away and my grandma passed away Afew months ago. It's just not for me to be incthe army,

As far as the rims rich, they are 15x10 with a 3.625 back spacing.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:15 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Dalton my last reply #236 was for geared for Boonslicks nephew, this was mine to you, #234 "best of luck in what ever you choose".

I understand completely, I have been there, trust me on that one, we all have one way or another. Its just a rough ol world out there and you just have to hang in no matter what.

I do know that what you do IN the Army has a lot effect on if you stay IN or even want to stay in the Army. I have seen so many jobs that I was lucky to not of gotten, some do just plain suk.

No matter what, we are all here on FTE and in Missouri for you and will help, advise, listen, laugh, and pick on each other every so often and G2G when we can.

And supply piece and parts to the rest of the gang. But all I got is 73-79 stuff. lol But I know where a great JY is and Alan has an awesome set of tools.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How is everybody?!
Been outside cleaning out the truck from having "Rocky" (My German Shepherd) in there a couple of times. Now to see if I can find the gasket that fell off of the hose so I can wash the outside. Man I hate a dirty truck! Specially when we have only made the one payment that was due and have 71 more. Yup 72 payments, anything less and we wouldn't have been able to do stupid stuff like... uh, eat, house payment, utilities etc... But even my other trucks weren't dirty vary long. Except for taking Ka'Bluey out to see how dirty I could get him. (I still want that truck back Alan, don't get too attatched)

Hope everybody's doen alright.

Unk Bob

Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Dalton, think hard about what Rich is saying. He is dispensing sound advice and has nothing to gain from you following his advice. If not full on military, check out full time with the National Guard, I think they still fly helicopters out off hwy 94. The military is a great career opportunity,

Quick Reply: December FTE Missouri chapter chat & BS thread, all welcome.