Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

December bs thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Good to hear Ravage. Hope the test drive works out.

On Monday I vaccuumed the truck and seafoamed the booster. Also picked up a christmas tree. Sure is nice to have a bed for things like that. Tuesday did an oil change and it feels more responsive.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So....have ya got your xmass shopping done yet? Me either...same problem every year....just can't come up with any really good idea's. Any inspirational thoughts?

Capt'n

Old 12-18-2013, 12:38 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captn, who is it your buying for? I've only got my little sister and older brother to buy for. My brother is getting a bottle of crown royal reserve and I'm not sure about my little sis.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Quite a bit of shopping completed. I just have my daughter to get something for and my grandparents. Then the rest of the money is for me.

Anyone going to the monster truck show? I will be there on sunday.

Sounds like a couple of exterior mods have been ordered for Christmas from the Wife as well.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:15 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I've got one big gift left to buy besides the brother and sis. I'm planning to get an Xbox One for the whole family. It's expensive as crap but it will be worth it.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Well, I've got my wifey (crazed redhead from OKC..yeah I know...what was I thinking) my eldest daughter (34), her hubby, my youngest daughter (30 and also a redheaded crazy lady but still single....gee...wonder why?) and my 7 yo grandson.
My biggest issue is (especially this late in the game) is, I'm on a rock in the middle of this puddle we call north Puget Sound. I just can't, do like most guys who wait to the last minute, and zip off to the nearest mall and melt some plastic (visa/mc) and call it good like I used to do before moving back here. My biz takes up most my time and what little time I do get away from my shop is spent knockin down my honey do list.
Capt'n

Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
Well, I've got my wifey (crazed redhead from OKC..yeah I know...what was I thinking) my eldest daughter (34), her hubby, my youngest daughter (30 and also a redheaded crazy lady but still single....gee...wonder why?) and my 7 yo grandson.
My biggest issue is (especially this late in the game) is, I'm on a rock in the middle of this puddle we call north Puget Sound. I just can't, do like most guys who wait to the last minute, and zip off to the nearest mall and melt some plastic (visa/mc) and call it good like I used to do before moving back here. My biz takes up most my time and what little time I do get away from my shop is spent knockin down my honey do list.
Capt'n
I like Reds. Used to be one when I was a little boy. Now more brown/red.
But I don't think the 21 years in age would go over with daddy

NOTE : SEAN needs a wife. to keep out of trouble

As far as late present shopping you can still use Amazon.Com and you don't
have to run to town. JUST need a working internet connection. Speaking of
did they get that fiber fixed? You know how the news is when it comes to
OLD news. They tend to ignore it. Even when it an update.

Don't read below this line if your into the PC thing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year

Christmas MIDI Files

Sean

Old 12-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Sean, yes, they did the fiber optic extension cord fixed but don't know if they'll run a redundant one as a back up in the future. Keep in mind, here in the islands, when that cord is severed it not only killz our internet but also all phone service including cellular.
I have a "prime" account with Amazon and I did abuse it to some extent. I had a chance to get outta my store to visit some friends who also own local stores and did some shopping with them to help support the local commerce. Bought some really cool lookin hand made wood boxes that were both hand carved and had brass inlays in them. Don't have a clue to whom I'll give them or what else I should do with'em.
Maybe while we have our business closed for a couple weeks over the hoildayz I'll get this figured out. Really appreciate the help from everyone. I go through this fear and loathing every year. You'd think I'd have a plan by now.
Capt'n

Old 12-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
BTW....how are ya'll doin dealing with all the white snot on the ground??
We have no snow plows here in the islands and it was a real greasy drive from my home at one end of the rock to the other end (town). It looked to be about 4-6 inches. I still have to change out another faulty front wheel actuator on my 06 F150 4X4 and with an empty bed I felt like Tanner Foust driftin into town with only 2wd. I understand that folks further down sound didn't get as much as us up here. Still slicker than snake snot on hoe handle though I'll bet.
Capt'n

Old 12-20-2013, 02:17 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Let's see how this works. Down here in Algona we got maybe an inch, I was ecstatic! I love driving in the stuff, especially when there is no traffic. Finally got to try out my beetle though.

I got the link via my mobile YouTube app so it might not work right.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Not much here . I did not even bother with the 4X4.
Way too many STUPID Washington drivers on the
road. They see ONE flake and they go STUPID.
We need more snow to keep some of the STUPID
ID 10 Ts off the roads.

Sean

Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 PM
joewelds
Senior User
Most of the stupid Washington drivers are not from Washington tho. 😯😳
Truck should be ready by Tuesday. Still gotta figure out where to mount the throttle linkage and kick down linkage. The Clifford intake has no place. But it's pretty dern close.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Damn Dylan....ya look like Tanner Foust!!! WWWwweeeeeeEEeeeEEE....!!!
Good to see ya havin some fun with ole Bug.

Sean...I agree with you to a certain extent. I used to watch in amazement each year in New England. Some of the folks could take Stupid to a whole new art form once behind the wheel in the seasons first snow. You'd think folks in the snow states would have a solid grip on how to drive in the stuff. Pure intertainment as long as your not their target.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by joewelds
Most of the stupid Washington drivers are not from Washington tho. 😯😳
Truck should be ready by Tuesday. Still gotta figure out where to mount the throttle linkage and kick down linkage. The Clifford intake has no place. But it's pretty dern close.
Hey Joe. Are you tryin to rigg a hard linkage from your foot pedal or, and here's a viable option, just use a cable setup? You can use a simple bracket that mounts to your rear carb mounting bolts as an anchor point for both your throttle linkage and your kickdown support if needed. Normally, your kickdown rod runs down from your carb linkage to your trans kickdown lever.
Hope these suggestions help and Merry Christmas!
Capt'n

Old 12-20-2013, 10:08 PM
joewelds
Senior User
Thanks Capt'n

Quick Reply: December bs thread