Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2013, 01:06 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Well, my first dissatisfying run-in with Ford's warranty service. They won't fix my pass. side tow mirror. It won't extend, has a scratch on it apparently so they took a pic of it, sent it to Ford, and Ford washed their hands of it, saying there's damage to the outside.

Oh yeah, they could hear the noise I reported but don't know what to do with it. They said to drive it until it gets louder/more consistent. They'll fix it outside of the warranty but man, how pathetic. Might look for another service department to deal with, one that fix things other than the "easy" things I asked for (oil change, inspection, etc).

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 01-01-2014, 07:53 AM
New User

Elite Lawn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
Well, my first dissatisfying run-in with Ford's warranty service. They won't fix my pass. side tow mirror. It won't extend, has a scratch on it apparently so they took a pic of it, sent it to Ford, and Ford washed their hands of it, saying there's damage to the outside.

Had a similar run-in with a 2013 XLT with about 2K miles on it. The chrome on the grille bezel was starting to bubble. Submitted pics to Ford and it was rejected. Ford said it was a rock strike. Chrome was bubbled out, no way it was a rock strike. But once Ford said no, the dealership pretty much washed their hands of it. Very disappointing experience considering the money spent on the truck.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Senior User

Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Boy, the joys of the unknown, I got a 14 SD 6.2L,, is this what I got to look forward too? I only got 250 miles on her. I did recently notice my left upper rubber bushing on my coil spring looks much lower or crushed more than the right. It seems it fell down a bit. I went to dealer lot and looked at others and those seem to be the same as the right side. Does everyone else's look like mine or are both the same?
Old 01-01-2014, 03:41 PM
SPONSOR

ATS Junior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ATS Junior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:

Oh yeah, they could hear the noise I reported but don't know what to do with it. They said to drive it until it gets louder/more consistent. They'll fix it outside of the warranty but man, how pathetic. Might look for another service department to deal with, one that fix things other than the "easy" things I asked for (oil change, inspection, etc).

Be careful when they say "we will fix it even if it's out of warranty". We have heard some Horror stories from some of our customers that got told that also. Some of the tricks they play just isn't fair.

-Junior
Old 01-01-2014, 04:44 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home! View Post
Boy, the joys of the unknown, I got a 14 SD 6.2L,, is this what I got to look forward too? I only got 250 miles on her. I did recently notice my left upper rubber bushing on my coil spring looks much lower or crushed more than the right. It seems it fell down a bit. I went to dealer lot and looked at others and those seem to be the same as the right side. Does everyone else's look like mine or are both the same?
It's dealer by dealer, they're all different. I wouldn't sweat it, my truck's been pretty solid for the 3 years/30k miles I've had it, and I haven't been easy on it, to say the least.

Not sure on the coil spring bushing, I never noticed anything out of the ordinary with mine (even when doing the leveling kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS Junior View Post
Be careful when they say "we will fix it even if it's out of warranty". We have heard some Horror stories from some of our customers that got told that also. Some of the tricks they play just isn't fair.

-Junior
It would still be covered by the powertrain warranty, just not under the bumper to bumper.

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
Old 01-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Senior User

Go Big or Go Home! is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
It's dealer by dealer, they're all different. I wouldn't sweat it, my truck's been pretty solid for the 3 years/30k miles I've had it, and I haven't been easy on it, to say the least.

Not sure on the coil spring bushing, I never noticed anything out of the ordinary with mine (even when doing the leveling kit).

It would still be covered by the powertrain warranty, just not under the bumper to bumper.
I am going to dealer and ask to have it swapped out. I continue to look at front end on level ground and it does look like it is lower on driver side. put a level on it and it is about a 1/2 inch off. This could be the issue. Rather get it fixed now then wait. Hope it wont be to difficult to change out, don't want them to F something else up while changing it out.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Junior User

GSSF17 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
They said to drive it until it gets louder/more consistent. They'll fix it outside of the warranty but man, how pathetic.
Unacceptable. Totally unacceptable. You are bringing them their product that obviously has a mechanical issue and you are within the warranty period. Diagnosis is ON THEM. Get something in writing that they will honor the "out of warranty" gimmick..... Nissan tried that with me. Never, ever, again.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Junior User

curious....

Any updates, Matt?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:08 AM

Unfortunately not. I've been traveling a ton for work lately and haven't had much time to follow up on it. It still does it, but the truck drives/rides fine. I just drove from Pittsburgh to northern VA and back and it was fine, avg'ed 12.2 mpgs (cruise set around 70mph). I sent the service manager an email a couple weeks back, no response yet.

Matt
Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Unfortunately not. I've been traveling a ton for work lately and haven't had much time to follow up on it. It still does it, but the truck drives/rides fine. I just drove from Pittsburgh to northern VA and back and it was fine, avg'ed 12.2 mpgs (cruise set around 70mph). I sent the service manager an email a couple weeks back, no response yet.
Gotcha. Hope things continue to go well for ya.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8