Sponsored by:

How do you use that multi-quote thing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 11:13 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How do you use that multi-quote thing?

I can't grasp how to pick a line out of a post and then make a quote under it using the multi-quote icon and I don't see instructions anywhere on the site.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
The multi-quote is used when more than one post is quoted.

Originally Posted by EXv10
I can't grasp how to pick a line out of a post
Quoting a single line, or paragraph, or any portion of a quote isn't done with multi-quote. That's just done with you erasing whatever words, sentences, or portions of a quoted post you don't want included in the quoted post, like I did to your quote above. All I did was delete whatever part I didn't want to have quoted.

I notice what you do Brent, for the part of the quote you want to respond to, you make it bold.

Instead of making that part bold, just erase everything before it, and everything after it, so that the only part that remains is the part you want quoted.

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 11-26-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:44 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
The multi-quote is used when more than one post is quoted.

Quoting a single line, or paragraph, or any portion of a quote isn't done with multi-quote. That's just done with you erasing whatever words, sentences, or portions of a quoted post you don't want included in the quoted post, like I did to your quote above. All I did was delete whatever part I didn't want to have quoted.

I notice what you do Brent, for the part of the quote you want to respond to, you make it bold.

Instead of making that part bold, just erase everything before it, and everything after it, so that the only part that remains is the part you want quoted.

Stewart
OK thanks.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:42 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
I can't grasp how to pick a line out of a post
Doesn't surprise me a bit.

I'm kidding. Had to take it cause it's you buddy. Lol

and then make a quote under it using the multi-quote icon and I don't see instructions anywhere on the site.
You split the post up into sections and start each section with the -bracket QUOTE username post number end bracket - code as you see at the beginning of the quoted text. At the end of the particular line use- bracket / QUOTE end bracket - to identify the end of the quoted text. Repeat for each section of text to quote. Copy and past the begin quote code with username and post number for convenience, and just type in the end quote code when needed. You can use multi quote and add separate user quotes also.This is BB or HTML code.