Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Poll how many of us v10 superduty have the cat off there truck with zero problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Jnowaczyk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poll how many of us v10 superduty have the cat off there truck with zero problems

I and a few others on here are having engine issues would like to know if anyone bypasses the cat that has a good running truck no issues with no cat

Old 11-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Jnowaczyk
Senior User
Back to the top so everyone is running with the cat installed ?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:54 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Bone stock. Can't be bothered to mess with it. Truck runs very well. It's newer too. I find the more I've messed with trucks, the more problems I create. It's also supposed to be there for a reason but that's not a debate I want to get into.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 PM
thuerka
New User
I just recently took mine off, just havent been able to drive it yet due to other maint/mod items being done also. I will let you know after.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Jnowaczyk
Senior User
Originally Posted by thuerka
I just recently took mine off, just havent been able to drive it yet due to other maint/mod items being done also. I will let you know after.
Ok cool let me know when you get her up and running.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Jnowaczyk
Senior User
Originally Posted by MDSuperDuty
Bone stock. Can't be bothered to mess with it. Truck runs very well. It's newer too. I find the more I've messed with trucks, the more problems I create. It's also supposed to be there for a reason but that's not a debate I want to get into.
I hear you on that. I bought mine with the cat off. I replaced a bunch of stuff still not running right. So I'm putting it back on after a 2 month search for a used one. Back to stock. I hope it cures my problems. Like you said it's there for a reason.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Jnowaczyk
I hear you on that. I bought mine with the cat off. I replaced a bunch of stuff still not running right. So I'm putting it back on after a 2 month search for a used one. Back to stock. I hope it cures my problems. Like you said it's there for a reason.

I just don't like messing with stuff anymore. My first truck (96 F150) was a bunch of experiments with aftermarket stuff that just never worked out right (exhausts, intakes, stereos, suspension, tires, etc..) There's a right way to do aftermarket and that usually equates to lots of $$$. I'm just not into the headaches anymore.

What do you mean by not running right? Engine light on? Codes?

Old 11-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Jnowaczyk
Senior User
I just don't like messing with stuff anymore. My first truck (96 F150) was a bunch of experiments with aftermarket stuff that just never worked out right (exhausts, intakes, stereos, suspension, tires, etc..) There's a right way to do aftermarket and that usually equates to lots of $$$. I'm just not into the headaches anymore.

Po172 and po174 one bank rich one bank lean. Fuel trims start out good but after 30 sec the go wacky. Throwing the codes. I was told by a few , ford included that the cat could be causing it from the no back pressure form the cat. As it reads the barametric pressure witch affects the fuel trims also.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Jnowaczyk
Senior User

This was one of my post here https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...50-sd-v10.html

Old 11-25-2013, 03:07 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Im interested in this also. Im wanting to do true duals on mine and ditch the 3 foot catalytic someday. As long as you have a good muffler on, you ought to have sufficient backpressure.

My 02 F-150 with the 2v 5.4 had true duals, no cats, and glasspacks. It ran just fine. Every now and again itd throw an 02 sensor code but itd go away the next time Id fire up the truck. Essentially the same motor +2 cylinders

Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Jnowaczyk
Senior User
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Im interested in this also. Im wanting to do true duals on mine and ditch the 3 foot catalytic someday. As long as you have a good muffler on, you ought to have sufficient backpressure
Well on mine I think they used the cheapest muffler they could find sounds tinny
I tried doing the switch myself just don't have the equipment to do it I'm sending it to a shop Black Friday if there open. To have it put back to stock. Reason for the poll is seeing if any one has taken there's off and have zero problems. So far. No one spoke up but one has just taken his off so I'm waiting on what he has to say and I'll report what mine does once it's back on .

Old 11-25-2013, 03:51 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
10-4

Like I said, I have no experience with a no-cat V10. From what Iv heard, there is very little you can do to these trucks to make them run better/more power/better mpgs. So if your going back to stock, you've got nothing to lose lol

Old 11-25-2013, 09:37 PM
cattlerancher
Senior User
ive had mine off for about 15000 miles and had no problems, in fact the truck runs much better. Ive been told by several mechanics that as long as their is no o2 sensors on the cat its self or after their will be no problems.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Jnowaczyk
Senior User
Originally Posted by cattlerancher
ive had mine off for about 15000 miles and had no problems, in fact the truck runs much better. Ive been told by several mechanics that as long as their is no o2 sensors on the cat its self or after their will be no problems.
Ok thanks.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:33 PM
fordboy2
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I just bought a truck that it has been removed on. Seems to run fine no issues in the 1000 miles I have put on it so far.

Quick Reply: Poll how many of us v10 superduty have the cat off there truck with zero problems