1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

No Limit Tuning and Design.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 AM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone that's met you Alex knows you are a grumpy guss, negative Nancy etc. LMFAO!!!

Good luck bud. I hope you at least enjoy the tunes when you actually get them. I mean you're tuning a stock truck. How hard can that be? After going through what I did and it seems that you are now experiencing the same thing, it amazes me how some of these companies stay in business. It's not like we are the bulk of the populous with our niche market. It's a testament to guys like Clay that go above and beyond to take care of their customers. And it reflects on his success.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:27 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 397 Likes on 268 Posts
Todd,you speak much truth! (In the voive of yoda)

Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glenn and I both had out chips there at the same time and they gave us boththis same treatment, same lame excuses. And to be honest, the tunes weren't that great on my trucI had issues with the tunes and could not get them resolved....face to face with the man.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:43 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tshrager
Anyone that's met you Alex knows you are a grumpy guss, negative Nancy etc. LMFAO!!!

Good luck bud. I hope you at least enjoy the tunes when you actually get them. I mean you're tuning a stock truck. How hard can that be? After going through what I did and it seems that you are now experiencing the same thing, it amazes me how some of these companies stay in business. It's not like we are the bulk of the populous with our niche market. It's a testament to guys like Clay that go above and beyond to take care of their customers. And it reflects on his success.
Yeah, Alex stop being so grumpy! lol, jk.

I feel kinda bad cause I left you chip less. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, then you won't have to deal with it anymore. I know if we treated customers this way, we wouldn't be in business for much longer.

I think this speaks loud and clear on how this company does business, and if anyone else reads this they may be hesitent to do future business with them.

Ok, Im off my soap box now.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:56 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Personally, I admire you Alex for making it public. This needs to be done more often.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:10 AM
redman84
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Awitte58
...I hate to 'bad-mouth' companies on public forum(dont wanna be seen as the grumpy guss), but I am simply stating the facts and what my experience was.
I haven't seen anywhere that you've bad-mouthed them. Simply reporting your experiences to your 'peers' are what topic-specific forums are all about in order to assist your fellow enthusiasts in their future endeavors and any company operating in this type of market can expect to be subjected to the same type of scrutiny and/or praise.

For example, my experiences with Jim, Clay, and Jody Tipton of DP Tuner haven't left a single thing to be desired for and I'm kind of a PITA when it comes to researching and questions before big purchases. Those guys have offered me and seemingly many others top notch service no matter if I was buying an air filter, a set of injectors, or anything in between. They aren't expected to make excuses as to why they are that good. They just are(which is awesome) and we pass on the word.

The bad part is that when someone offers poor service there is always an excuse as to why instead of just saying, "Sorry we suck(ed). Get used to it." OR "We'll do better next time." Even when Tony was having customer service issues he didn't throw out an excuse even though he has probably the most valid excuse in history(though the good people in this community relayed his misfortune to us). Either way, it was still known to expect a delay if you wanted to use him then. His prior history is what carried him along and kept guys still waiting anyway.

It's not like you're crying because they aren't offering Rosewood level service(no offense to the other service gurus). You're letting us know that in your experience, so far, you've been outright F'd in the A and we appreciate the feedback.

On that note...

*COUGH* matt robinson *COUGH, COUGH*

Old 12-10-2013, 08:30 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
The saddest part is this whole thing is

a)a prize from winning a dyno competition
b) this is supposed to help THEM get their "Brand" out there

so far they have been detrimental to their own cause when the transaction should be a slam dunk..alex should be extolling the virtues of his new tunes that are setting the world on fire..just a sorry situation

Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Personally, I admire you Alex for making it public. This needs to be done more often.
X2. It takes guts to do this. On some forums people would jump all over you for reporting the facts if they aren't filled with unicorns and fairies. Thanks to this, they've lost at least one customer, me.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:27 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
you did not do anything wrong Alex, if you did, i would have deleted it.
all you have done so far is post the experience you have had with this vendor. and even with that, you have not bad mouthed them, just stated the facts.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:15 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

That's interesting Tom. I had a problem with XS Power batteries and I was actually talking to the CEO. He wouldn't give me a replacement so I told him I would put that fact all over the forums. He threaten me with a lawsuit if I did. I told him that as far as I know, we still have freedom of speech.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad this was a worthwhile thread. I was hesitant to start it since they were free tunes, but the amount you are spending with a vendor should justify the level of customer service you get. I mean Glenn spent a fortune and still had issues.

Well as if the story was over...
According to my Monday message from Johnathon the chip would be finished up and tracking info sent on Tuesday. Well by the end of business (5:01 pm central) yesterday I didnt have my tracking info. Instead I had a wonderful PM on the powerstrokearmy forum from them:

Last contact Monday evening
Alex,

Chip will be finished tomorrow. I will send you a tracking number!!
My response Monday night.
Thank you. I will be looking for the message with the tracking info.
The message I received at 5:01pm central Tuesday night.
Jonathan is going to call you in the morning. He has question in regards to a tune and wants it right before he sends it out. Just an fyi.

shop phone is 706-841-2496

SOOOOO
I received my call from Johnathon today right as my final began at 10am central. I didnt respond until 1pm due to being in finals. When I called Caleb picked up and I explained its Alex and I heard John had some questions regarding tuning?

Caleb's response.... (This really pissed me off).
Yeah, he said there wasn't a customer information sheet with the chip and he was wondering what tunes you wanted and what the mod list was for the truck was.

ARE YOU AKSDJFKLJASDF KIDDING ME?!
When I first called them back in Oct Casey (KC...Kacie???) was the guy who took my all of my info which included the truck mod list and what tunes I wanted. I specifically remember(and wrote it down) because he had to explain what the options were and what sort of performance they were for. He said he took the notes down and would put it with the chip when it arrived.

Then when I contacted early Dec this guy Caleb was the one who answered and he said there wasnt a 'customer information sheet' with the chip so nothing was done to it. I tried to be understanding..maybe it was misplaced during the move?
But this being the third time... And it was Caleb again who already took my information the second time around.

I felt like I kept my cool because all I said was "well fart-you send me back my chip blank. Free or not this is bullspit"
Hung up on em.

I better get tracking info by tomorrow. I have receipts of when I shipped it, times I have been in contact with them, times I have tried to contact but didnt get in contact, and names of who I talked with and regarding what.

Anyway, my last final was done today. I am going to be driving home tomorrow and giving Gretchen a big hug and a bath and drive that gutless wonder all over town.

guys. Its been a stressful week. The chip n all.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:53 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
I can send you my 50hp goldie locks...I'm not using it for a while anyway.

But I will need a mod list first lol

What a joke this whole deal is...I mean a free deal cumon..who can screw that up...oops..these guys can

Old 12-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol Good on ya Aaron! I have a 60 hp edge I could plug back in if I really need to, but hopefully I will have it back shortly...

Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

This gets me going just reading this. Is there any thing I can do, like call them up and say "Give Alex his chip"!

Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Send it to tony then?

I just joined psn so I can rattle their cage lol...its just SO lousy...but afterwhat I experienced at rre..no suprise

Quick Reply: No Limit Tuning and Design.