Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

RCLB Eco-Boost

Old 11-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Ziegelsteinfaust
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RCLB Eco-Boost

After few things in my life get settled out I am thinking I may want to buy a new truck. I want a Green, rclb, eco-boost truck, with pdl/pdw. My goal is close to 500hp with basic bolt-ons, and a tune.

I know the truck while it technically can be ordered or built. Last time I tried to order a truck I got no where, and walked out of 4 different dealerships.

How hard is it to really order a truck or vehicle. I personally only know one person who ever ordered a vehicle, and he ended up calling around quite a few dealers before he got one to say just yes to the order. He just had to pay full price, and no deals. Could I still play Ford off what Dodge offers is does it not work well or at all with orders?

While not 100% sure I will get a truck as I already have 2 other long beds in my life.+ My project F100 which is getting a CV swap, and a 74 C20 that I do not care if it gets scratched up. Its going to be my off-roader similar in concept to the Raptor, and work horse for personal projects. So I am not sure why I have or want to get another, and one will have to go.

The Ford is top of my list, but only if spec'd like I want. The color is not the dealer breaker, but the engine is. Maybe I would go with the 5.0, but the truck better be damn cheap like Dodge offers.

Dodge is a close #2, but it will hopefully get the Hemi with the new 8 speed. I can find rclb Rams with the Hemi, and 6 speed often enough. Often times a hair cheaper then a Ford with the base V6. Dealer dependent on that though.

GM is not on the list this generation. I got a ride, and it didn't feel very motivating power wise. Plus no premium engine in a basic truck is the deal breaker.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:14 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
When I was talking with my local dealer about ordering a truck they would have no problem doing it...the only thing they said was that I would get the current incentives when the truck arrived. Some dealers are giving you the choice to have the incentives when you order the truck or if better when it arrives.

There should be NO REASON you should not get the incentives just because you are ordering the truck.

Having that much horsepower with the ecoboost would be GREAT. There is nothing wrong with shopping around and seeing what is best for you. I know that now Chevy is offering the corvette motor in their new truck.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:37 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers that aren't interested in ordering your truck may not have allocations for that order. They are restricted by this internal measure.

Also, when a customer wants to order a vehicle that is optioned differently than what they typically sell. They tend to be apprehensive because if you bail out on the deal, they will be stuck trying to sell an odd ball (not that what you want is odd by any means).

I would approach your dealer with your interest in ordering this truck. And I would include that I would be willing to give them a decent, but refundable, deposit. And the deal is contingent on a test drive to insure that there's nothing screwed up in the truck Ford built. We all wish every vehicle was a good one and it's highly likely that it will be, but there are ones that hit the dealers lot with issues.

Regarding the deal itself, you should be able to get a dealer discount and most, if not all, of the publically available incentives at the time of delivery. Be sure to look at some of the fine print on some incentives. Some are specific about being from dealer stock.

Good luck on getting the truck you want.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:04 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,217 Likes on 800 Posts
Both the XL and XLT models are available in your desired configuration. If one dealer doesn't want your business, then find a dealer who does.

This isn't an oddball at all, just less common but available.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 AM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your looking to get max HP your better off getting the 5.0 truck where there is much more aftermarket performance products. Ford even sells a 500 HP 5.0 coyote crate motor.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:30 AM
BURNSTOUGHFORD
Posting Guru
LOL max HP/ 5.0???

An eboost with a tuner is 450hp/550 ftlbs.... 500hp from a coyote... is going to cost some $$$$.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:05 PM
cirrus365
Elder User
I always order my trucks. When you are ready to buy, go to the dealer and tell them you want to order a truck. In my experience you tell them what you want, then sit down with the option sheet and fill it out. I never had to put down a deposit but wouldnt be opposed to putting down a little but would not negotiate until I have seen and driven exactly what I ordered. If the dealer has allocation, there is no reason why they wouldnt do the order.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Ziegelsteinfaust
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ljutic ss
If your looking to get max HP your better off getting the 5.0 truck where there is much more aftermarket performance products. Ford even sells a 500 HP 5.0 coyote crate motor.
The 5.0 is better for all out hp along with the GM's new engines.

I just do not want to put that much money into a truck when I can get where I want with the premium engines. Or enough to kill myself.

A tuned Eco-boost can get close to 500 or maybe more for about $2000

The Hemi can do well over 450 maybe 475 with just bolt ones, and over 500 if you wanna do a cam. About the same money as the eco-boost. It just depends on part selections, how you go about it, and part selection.

The 5.0 would either cost well over $2000, probably around $3500, and be too peaky for a truck that will do some working. Or almost $8000 if I supercharge it, but 500 will sound more like 600. Gm's engines will be exactly the same, but offer more cubic inches if your cc can take the g's.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 AM
DAFBFD58
Posting Guru
If your looking for tunes for your ecoboost contact Eric at EcoInjections. I've seen his trucks run 13s with just the basic tune he has. It gets better when it's a full custom tune.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:27 AM
fordman19762003
Cargo Master
Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts
my current truck is the only truck I've ever ordered and everything went smooth, even though my truck is the total opposite that most dealers stock(it is pretty much a work truck). I got the rebates at the time I ordered and was told if the rebates changed for the better then I would get those, but if they got worse I would keep the current rebates. I was also not required to put a deposit down, but wouldn't have had any problems doing that.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Ziegelsteinfaust
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fordman19762003
my current truck is the only truck I've ever ordered and everything went smooth, even though my truck is the total opposite that most dealers stock(it is pretty much a work truck). I got the rebates at the time I ordered and was told if the rebates changed for the better then I would get those, but if they got worse I would keep the current rebates. I was also not required to put a deposit down, but wouldn't have had any problems doing that.
Years ago I tried to order a 97 rcsb GM Silverado with the 350, and 5 speed.

I had 2 thousand in my pocket, and proof I had almost 10,000 in the bank or total I can't remember. No Chevy dealer would play ball. I called a couple, and they said they would. Got there, and the story changed. A Ford dealer I popped into on the way home gave me the same line.

Although if I wanted a extended cab at a amazing deal they all would of done that.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:54 PM
efx4
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered my truck. Filled out an order sheet and then waited for the phone call saying it was in. The hardest part of the ordering process was the wait for the truck to come in.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:52 PM
fordman19762003
Cargo Master
Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by efx4
I ordered my truck. Filled out an order sheet and then waited for the phone call saying it was in. The hardest part of the ordering process was the wait for the truck to come in.
very true. I'm not a patient person and my wife couldn't believe I ordered a truck when they told me it would take 8 weeks to get it. It was a long 8 weeks but it was worth it to get exactly what I wanted.