Sponsored by: Moser

2wd lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 05:16 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by lance65
So how much did John charge to bend your beams? You can PM me if you'd rather not tell the world. I have been constipating this very same idea for my F350 SuperCab. Cant wait to see pics!
No shiite? Stress will sometimes stop all digestive activity... especially with a change of environment.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:49 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Didn't realize the SCS beams are bigger, are the mount ends the same size?

Is there a market for them, there's a couple SCS trucks in junkyards in my area.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:02 AM
g-man-75
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Didn't realize the SCS beams are bigger, are the mount ends the same size?

Is there a market for them, there's a couple SCS trucks in junkyards in my area.
Whuuuut? Change of heart? Read the last page of the "calling all super camper specials" thread

Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
haha, undecided. I've pulled other heavy parts that people are always looking for and there's interest in buying them but after people get a shipping quote on something that weighs 100+ pounds then they're no longer interested. This is why I have a Warn Classic winch bumper and other stuff I don't want on my truck laying around and since I am POOR I can't afford to go buying parts at yards that people are going to routinely fall through on.

Yes, I did grab other stuff off the closest SCS junkyard truck for people.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:28 PM
g-man-75
Mountain Pass
haha, undecided. I've pulled other heavy parts that people are always looking for and there's interest in buying them but after people get a shipping quote on something that weighs 100+ pounds then they're no longer interested. This is why I have a Warn Classic winch bumper and other stuff I don't want on my truck laying around and since I am POOR I can't afford to go buying parts at yards that people are going to routinely fall through on.

Yes, I did grab other stuff off the closest SCS junkyard truck for people.
I know what you're saying, shipping costs are the only thing keeping me from hoarding parts I can only sell locally, or never. I've never dealt with them but I've heard Greyhound ships the cheapest, granted there's a location near you. It breaks my heart to see original non-reproduced Ford parts melted down just to be turned into Kia's and Hyundia's. You can't just go to the pound and save every dog even though you want to.

Still waiting for my springs to arrive from 4WP then I'll get some pics up.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:22 AM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any updates?

Old 05-19-2014, 05:59 PM
g-man-75
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by teds74ford
Any updates?
Dang you caught me! I was hoping no one noticed I was slacking off! I started to reinstall the front end, nothing was lining up right, I also noticed all the oil on my frame was coming out of my steering box, so I bought a rebuilt unit. Frustrated because I just had the engine out of the truck and didn't notice then (yes I have headers.) I proceeded to drink beer and stare at the truck for a few days and realized that wasn't helping. Made the decision to pull the engine again to make the steering box replacement easier, also got better exhaust gaskets, retorque head bolts (steel head gasket) and I had a Mark VIII electric fan sitting there and it's easier to install with that radiator out. One step forward and three steps back. I had to walk away from the project to clear my head. Good news is I finished remodeling my bathroom and got some landscaping done! Just got back to the suspension last week, I called up Autofab and found out the pivot brackets they gave me weren't for a SCS, they shipped out the proper ones to me and I just received them over the weekend. Now I can finally get back to what I started, right after I tune up my boat and get it ready for summer.........

Old 05-19-2014, 09:28 PM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by g-man-75
I proceeded to drink beer and stare at the truck for a few days...
I do this a lot. I have an old dodge crew which is 90% done and the above quote^^ is all I do to it

Keep plugging away at it.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:38 PM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
Bump 4 updates

Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 PM
g-man-75
Mountain Pass
At least you didn't catch me with my pants down this time! Truck has been untouched for way too many weeks now and last night I actually went back at it. Took a while to find the right pivot point location, everything is different on a SCS. I've got the proper motivation now too, my annual insurance is due, Ford is $203/yr and my '08 Silverado which is soon to be replaced by the Ford is almost $1200/yr. Needles to say it's on Craigslist already and I'm on the Ford daily until it's running again!

Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2014, 11:08 PM
g-man-75
Mountain Pass
One of the benefits of procrastinating, my spindles have been soaking in the solvent tank for a couple months and look great!

Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Glad to see you're back on it!

Could you do me a huge favor and take a measurement of the unloaded height of the new springs and how much length was added to your Radius Arms?

Decided I'm going to use my entire SCS chassis and stretch that for my build so I can get the entire chassis done before I take the truck off the road.

Are you going to Forward Steering?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:51 AM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by g-man-75
One of the benefits of procrastinating, my spindles have been soaking in the solvent tank for a couple months and look great!
Hey, you can't rush quality

Seriously, looking good. I have had nice vehicles in the past, and I find that I really like driving my old ford for a daily driver.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:12 PM
g-man-75
Mountain Pass
Got her done! Well, sort of. The lift is on the front but I still need to get the engine back in. It's sitting 6 1/4" higher now, but I'm sure the engine will push it back down to 5". Can't wait to get it completed now and get a new set of 35's on it!

Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2014, 12:19 PM
g-man-75
Mountain Pass
Glad to see you're back on it!

Could you do me a huge favor and take a measurement of the unloaded height of the new springs and how much length was added to your Radius Arms?

Decided I'm going to use my entire SCS chassis and stretch that for my build so I can get the entire chassis done before I take the truck off the road.

Are you going to Forward Steering?
The springs look to be about 21.5" They are Skyjacker 188S springs, it's an 8" lift spring for the trucks in the 80's. AutoFab told me to get these springs for a 5" lift on my truck. Not sure how much longer the radius arms are, the are sleeved so I can't tell how much overlap there is but it's 38" from the center of the coil spring bolt to the far end.

I don't know what forward steering is but I wasn't planning on changing anything.

Quick Reply: 2wd lift