6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Tonneau Covers and Decisions

Old 02-04-2014, 04:34 PM
fg250
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
I have the factory tonneau cover, which is exactly like the Truxedo Truxport (but with a Ford logo on it), and close to the one in your first link. I have no problems with it, it's been durable and has held up good after almost 3 years of use.
The ford cover is made by truxedo, mine has served me well for 2 years now. And I think I paid 330? bucks for it through my dealer.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 PM
bironacad
Freshman User
That price is good. My back flip was closer to $900

Old 02-05-2014, 08:40 AM
JohnnyThunder
Senior User
Originally Posted by bironacad
My back flip will hold 300 lbs and keeps the snow off in the winter, have had it for three years now and wish I had got it sooner. I think I will get a retractable one when the new truck arrives, the only issue is worrying about the snow getting it fouled when retracting. Anyone have experience with the retractable ones in the snow?
Have not had any real issues with snow on my Retrax. You just need to make sure the drain tubes are clear in the fall because it will fill with water other wise if you wash the truck and well that cover is not going to move till thaw. The Retrax is held on with 4 clamps and is light enough that one person can take it off and put it on as I found out last weekend when I went to get a new to me Deere garden tractor.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:53 AM
bironacad
Freshman User
Originally Posted by JohnnyThunder
Have not had any real issues with snow on my Retrax. You just need to make sure the drain tubes are clear in the fall because it will fill with water other wise if you wash the truck and well that cover is not going to move till thaw. The Retrax is held on with 4 clamps and is light enough that one person can take it off and put it on as I found out last weekend when I went to get a new to me Deere garden tractor.
Is that the Retrax Pro?

Old 02-05-2014, 02:38 PM
JohnnyThunder
Senior User
Is that the Retrax Pro?
No I have the poor mans version that is made of polycarbonite. It does seal the box quite nice when installed correctly to.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:55 PM
bironacad
Freshman User
No I have the poor mans version that is made of polycarbonite. It does seal the box quite nice when installed correctly to.
Their nice though, I like the fact that I will be able to see my fifth wheel hitch when it is pulled back.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:48 PM
LCT
Junior User
Sprayed in Linex and Bak Roll x, Great Combo, very functional.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:11 PM
-brent
Cross-Country
I put a Lund Genesis Elite roll-up on mine. The material is like a convertible soft top instead of slick vinyl. So far this winter it has held up nice, I do remove the snow every morning.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:50 AM
JohnnyThunder
Senior User
Their nice though, I like the fact that I will be able to see my fifth wheel hitch when it is pulled back.
One thing to remember with any of these is to get the tailgate seals installed or you are in for a real treat if you drive on dirt roads alot like I do. There is more crap in the box with the cover closed than if you leave it open without the tailgate seals.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:42 AM
DHPRO
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One thing to remember with any of these is to get the tailgate seals installed or you are in for a real treat if you drive on dirt roads alot like I do. There is more crap in the box with the cover closed than if you leave it open without the tailgate seals.
Ya! WTF is up with that? How the hell can they sell a truck that doesnt seal out debris and dust from the bed?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:40 PM
bironacad
Freshman User
Originally Posted by DHPRO
Ya! WTF is up with that? How the hell can they sell a truck that doesnt seal out debris and dust from the bed?

Going to wait till I get the truck inside before installing it, lol

Old 03-14-2014, 12:47 PM
DHPRO
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bot an UnderCover...doesnt stop snow from coming in through gaps & seams in the bed - even with spray in liner! I have to do some silicone work, or better yet get the dealer to do it.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:51 PM
bironacad
Freshman User
I wanted a hard top that retracts and can be locked. With my fifth wheel I could no see the hitch with my back flip, which was a great product. I don't think I will be able to remove this product as easily as the back flip though.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:12 PM
EricRom
Junior User
I bought my BakFlip G2 and bedrug for autoanything, they have a 1yr price match guarantee. I got the BakFlip for @$630 well worth the extra money.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 AM
tjcprop
Elder User
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
I have the factory tonneau cover, which is exactly like the Truxedo Truxport (but with a Ford logo on it), and close to the one in your first link. I have no problems with it, it's been durable and has held up good after almost 3 years of use.

Kind of surprised in the price difference between the lo pro and the truxport, looks almost the same...
I also have the factory low profile tonnue cover with the FORD logo. Had it thrown in with the purchase of truck.

Have the Extang on my 150 and it has already loss the tightness which comes with the felgro not securing well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tonneau Covers and Decisions