Sponsored by:

Overhead TV/DVD Player

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 07:38 PM
xplodn
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overhead TV/DVD Player

I ripped out my Rosen TV/VHS system that was not going to cut it and now I need to replace the overhead TV/DVD player in my Ex. I have tried a couple off of Amazon without luck. Has anyone gotten one lately that fit well and works? I am not opposed to the DVD under the seat but would love a TV/DVD up top that also has an IR headphone option.

Help me out guys... I have a lot of trips in this thing coming up with the kids and need to keep my hair in.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:03 PM
5.4T
Elder User
check you PM

Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 PM
OkieLEO
Junior User
Originally Posted by 5.4T
check you PM
I want to know… I want to know!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Bigpipes 35
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by OkieLEO
I want to know… I want to know!!!!!!

Ya me too, whats the secret???

Old 11-19-2013, 01:33 PM
xplodn
Tuned
Sorry I guess my reply did not work. He PM'd me a sale ad. I ordered in three screens that will be here tomorrow we will see if any work for me.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:18 PM
cameeks
Posting Guru
I built a filler plate and bought a 14" screen to replace the 10" that went out in mine.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:44 PM
OkieLEO
Junior User
I do have a question on these. I am going tomorrow to hopefully buy my first X and it has dual DVD players( both rows backseat). My question comes as the CD changer is gone and need to get another. Its my understanding that the CD changer plays the DVDs? What should I be looking for and where should I be looking? I have tried searching for info on here and other searches without having any luck. Any info is greatly appreciappreciatedated.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 PM
cameeks
Posting Guru
No there will be a dvd or vhs player somewhere in the vehicle. Mine had a vcr beside the 3rd row.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:44 PM
OkieLEO
Junior User
Originally Posted by cameeks
No there will be a dvd or vhs player somewhere in the vehicle. Mine had a vcr beside the 3rd row.
I thought thats what this was. The deal under the backseat?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:41 PM
cameeks
Posting Guru
Have to see a pic of it. Factory mounted it on the ceiling above the 2nd row. The dealerships mounted them where ever they wanted.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:18 AM
xplodn
Tuned
When I got mine it was a complete dealership install. My console from the factory ended behind the lights then I have the fold down TV behind that. TV tuner and VCR under middle seat drivers side, FM modulator in the dash. I would have tried to build off the TV but it was a 5" screen and I couldn't justify it.

One screen is in and looks promising. Others come in today. I will update this with pics of the install

Old 11-20-2013, 04:44 PM
xplodn
Tuned
Three units in hand now 10" Planet Audio, 9" Pyle and 9" Tview. Pictures and reviews to come.

I am leaning towards the Planet Audio unit.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:12 AM
garryk6
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribing, since I don't have any DVD or screen. My 05 Ex had the factory DVD, but hoping to put one in the 00.

Garry in Kodiak, AK

Old 11-21-2013, 12:18 PM
OkieLEO
Junior User
subscribed... the X I just bought the previous owner bought it with a factory stereo and audiovox dual overhead dvds similar to what CAMEEKS picture on the first page. The problem I am facing is the 1st owner (been three now with me) had an aftermarket double din AVIX and decided when he traded it in he was going to just "cut out" the system that was installed and put the factory back in. The only reason I know this is because the AVIX usb/SD reader was still under the dash plugged in. I also noticed alot of wiring that had taps in them but they were capped off not exposing bare wire. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get these players working (assuming they do). I cant complain much I talked the guy down another $500 when I found all of this.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:04 PM
OkieLEO
Junior User
I know this is an older thread but found out a little more on the setup I have. The double dvd look is actually a setup you can buy off the internet. The plastic surround matches the stock interior and you can have a spot where two monitors fit or a single monitor with factory air and another hole for player similar to the factory set up. I cant for the life of me find the website right now but If/when I do I will post it back up.

Sidenote. My monitors are not functioning. I will have to replace them with two other monitors at some point later on.

Quick Reply: Overhead TV/DVD Player