Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Senior User

Gene Horr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Side Mirror Pin Diagram

I am trying to find a pin diagram for the side mirror connections on a '03 X. I have found wiring diagrams with wire colors but the mirrors I purchased do not use the same wire colors. There are two more wires on the mirror side than on the vehicle side. This is for the 10(?) pin connector inside the door.

The mirrors are moving correctly and the turn signals work. There is no heat (which the mirror comes with) nor running lights (don't know about that function). I am assuming the extra wires are for the heat and possibly running light functions and would like to add those.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:39 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
partsguymatt PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
Welcome to the forums.

See this thread. It's up in the tech folder.

Several diagrams posted as well as the circuits. I only had to add one wire for the running lights. Did the OE mirrors have heat? 03 should have been a direct bolt on wiring wise IIRC

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post13176099
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Senior User

Gene Horr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I actually had browsed through that thread but didn't see a diagram. But reading through it I found the running lights are pin # 7 but it doesn't say which pin is for heat.

So that was a bit of help but not complete.

It did have the 10 wire connector but the new mirrors have more wires (assuming for the running lights and heat) and they do not use the same color wires. I am trying to identify the pins/wires for those two options.

The original mirrors did not have heat. Actually I don't think I have the original mirrors as the wires were cut from the connector and spliced into the mirror wires.

Last edited by Gene Horr; 11-16-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Error
Old 11-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Posting Guru

ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
This might be helpful. It's the same colors on mirrors that do not have power fold.

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Curt's05's Album: mirrors - Picture
Old 11-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Elder User

jspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud ofjspence105 has much to be proud of
This is what I had in my 01

Drivers Side

1A Mirror Wire ---------------Plugs from Existing factory Mirrors

Red ------------Power Mirror--------------Red
Blue ------------Power Mirror--------------Blue
Yellow ------------Power Mirror--------------blue
Light Green -----------Turn Signal--------------Green/White
Black/White ------------Mirror Heat---------------Black/blue
Black ------------Ground-------------------Black/yellow
Brown ------------Running Light-------------NA

Passenger Side

1A Mirror Wire--------------------- Plugs from Existing factory Mirrors

Dark Green ------------Power Mirror--------------Darkgreen
Purple ------------Power Mirror--------------Purple
Yellow ------------Power Mirror--------------Black
Light Green -----------Turn Signal---------------White/blue
Black/White ------------Mirror Heat---------------Black/blue
Black ------------Ground-------------------Black/yellow
Brown ------------Running Light-------------NA
John FTEMaB #5

2001 Excursion 4x4 7.3L, Hellwig rear sway bar, 08 Towing Mirrors, Roadmaster Active Suspension, 6.0 Cooler, 3/8" Derale thermostat (Removed Transmission running too hot).
Old 11-16-2013, 10:29 PM