Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2013, 08:21 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Here it is boys! My new shop toy!

For those that have an interest, this thread will detail the resurrection of the 100+ year old milling machine I bought. My plan is to dismantal the whole thing, remove all the grease and paint in my hot tank and rebuild it from the bottom up.....
Attached Images

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE

Last edited by fabmandelux; 11-14-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:25 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
We were able to get it through the door without removing anything, but it was damn close.........lol

A few more pics of it before we start taking it apart...

The next set of pictures I'll post will be the teardown.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Looking forward to this, bud!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 AM

Well........ That makes two of us......................lol

Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Tools were made to last back then, I don't see any plastic parts there ...
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Any thoughts on how you might fix the "tear-outs" in the bed?

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Not a plastic part anywhere on this thing! Morning Gerry! This mill is over 100 years old and everything works so smooth.....

After Harley and I get finished with it, it will last another 100 years!

Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post

Pop
Morning Marv! Not nessesary to fix them. Every other one I've looked at was the same way so I'm just gonna leave it the way it is.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post

Pop
That'd be tough to fix, if it's cast.
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery

Old 11-14-2013, 09:47 AM

Yes, it's cast, and I could fix it, but why? It won't make any difference in the way it works.....

Old 11-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Postmaster

kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.
You could really get inventive and do an investment casting and make a new one.

1962 Ford F100 flat bed 4x4, 223, 4spd.
1962 Ford F100 Unibody with Olds 330 & Jetaway
1944 Ford GPW (Jeep) with 1947-48 Willys L-134
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjvforme View Post
You could really get inventive and do an investment casting and make a new one.
OMG! That would take the rest of my life to do...........lol

I could preheat and weld it up, but it's just not necessary...

Besides, it gives it character.........

Old 11-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

What color are you going to paint it?

Old 11-14-2013, 10:27 AM

Same as the lathe. Bright fire engine red with gray raised lettering and polished brass...

Old 11-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Postmaster

kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.
So where is this going to sit in the shop?

1962 Ford F100 flat bed 4x4, 223, 4spd.
1962 Ford F100 Unibody with Olds 330 & Jetaway
1944 Ford GPW (Jeep) with 1947-48 Willys L-134
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 11-14-2013, 10:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter