Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Large Truck
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Posting Guru

dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.
T series information?

I have been looking for a larger C series C800/900 but have had a devil of a time finding one that suits my needs (air brakes, automatic 5 or 6 speed) - so I pulled the pin and bought another dump truck, what I believe is a 1969 T950 (titled in WA state as a 1970) as the L series replaced the T's in 1970. It has the 534/Allison combo. I may have compromised on the cabover part, but not on the transmission!

I pick it up this weekend and need to bring it home, so I have about a 275 mile trip - at I would guess 3-4 mpg. But then I knew that going in!

I would like to find out any information on these trucks, much like I did on my C series. I do know that the engine is going to be hard to find parts for, so hopefully it will keep on truckin' for some time.

Any good T series web sites to point me to?

Thanks, David
90 F250 7.5L E4OD, 03 F350 SD auto with the infamous diesel 6.0 for work, 70 C600 330 MT40 auto dump truck O2 Oldsmobile Bravada, Kubota L3200, Hustler Super Z mower, all Hydrostatics, 85 Honda Elite 250 & 150 scooter CVT - Nary a manual in the fleet!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Elder User

tripleframe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Neat find! What type of information?
Old 11-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Posting Guru

dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks tripleframe. Here are a couple of pictures of what a previous owner did to make engine access easier ... very interesting

unfortunately I trusted the seller, I expected some issues on a 40+ year old truck, but it is in much poorer mechanical condition than led to believe. It is not rusty, but defiantly many more miles than advertised, and I am guessing that it was because of the non functional speedo. I paid a fair amount of money based on advertised condition, not sure what I am going to do now.

I may just sell it for scrap I am that disappointed.

Oh well live and learn, there are defiantly dishonest people out there. In the end I have no one to blame but myself, after all I choose to trust the seller.

David
90 F250 7.5L E4OD, 03 F350 SD auto with the infamous diesel 6.0 for work, 70 C600 330 MT40 auto dump truck O2 Oldsmobile Bravada, Kubota L3200, Hustler Super Z mower, all Hydrostatics, 85 Honda Elite 250 & 150 scooter CVT - Nary a manual in the fleet!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Senior User

1960fordf350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
so is the motor junk? how bout the tranny. I find the flip front interesting to ease access to the motor.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960fordf350 View Post
so is the motor junk? how bout the tranny. I find the flip front interesting to ease access to the motor.
It runs, drives and dumps. Brakes work great. It has 4 almost new tires. It is just not "turn key" as it was advertised. I drove it back from Eastern WA. I used it to move and deliver 29,220 pounds of gravel this morning, it does run although without doubt it could run better.

I do not mind doing some work on a 40 year old truck, but I in no way wanted a "project". I like things to be unmolested and factory stock, with the day to day reliability that comes with it.

Some people would be fine using the truck as it is, I am not one of those. Nothing against those who would, it is just not me.

David

EDIT - I do find the tilt front end a nice addition to stock, I doubt I would have the tolerance to work around fenders on a conventional T or F series. I am spoiled by the engine access on my C series, and find this particular T series very good in that respect.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Large Truck