Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 12:33 AM
New User

flatbedpower is starting off with a positive reputation.
PCM diode NO START

ok so im new to diesels but my truck will not start. it is a 2000 7.3 6 speed dually. i recently was messing with the truck and pulled out the pcm diode and as i was putting it back in something sounded as if it grounded something out. i know its stupid to mess with electrical while it was on. my wts light still lights up. i would like a diagram on where the wires go after the pcm diode and how to test all of the components. it did run for about 5 mins after and ad some white smoke. and a code came up that said injector pressure wasnt at desired pressure or something. code p1211. an help would be appreciated thank you.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Post Fiend

Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.
Were the keys in the ignition when you restored power to the PCM?

Here is a good no start diagnostic guide. Scroll down to the 7.3 write up.
Diesel Diagnostic information for Powerstroke 6.0, 7.3, IDI 7.3 and 6.9 L, by Oregon Fuel Injection
Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Have you checked the pcm diode to make sure that it was not
compromised?

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 11-10-2013, 09:39 AM
New User

Yes there was power when I put the diode back in the truck. I know not exaclty what I was supposed to do. Lol
And yes the diode checked out good and just to be safe I switched it with the a/c diode after checking both of them. Im looking into that link with diagnostics that shake-n-bake posted. I appreciate the help. Anything else would be great.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:51 PM
New User

Ok so I spent all day yeaterday troubleshooting. And I have gotten nowhere. The p1211 doesnt come up anymore. And it still doesnt start. I went through many wires and sensors. I also had another 7.3 to come over and try to help but he was stumped as well.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
What tool are you using to scan with?
I am not sure with the 7.3 But and this
is a guess. Can you see live data with your scan tool?
With that you should be able to see where your getting
the no start from.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 PM