6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

P132B results

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:29 AM
ktm101
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P132B results

Just thought I would share some info on my P132B code. I hear this can be a real pita to diagnose. I replaced my ICP and pigtail about a month ago and shortly after got the dreaded P132b code after noticing lack of power on take off, thanks torque app!!.. Thankfully I have a good friend thats a ford diesel mechanic helping out and brought me a different MAP and MAF sensor to throw on because we checked for leaks briefly and he didn't think it was that. Well the code went away so then I switched back my MAP sensor and bam, code was back. Also we checked the hose and nipple and they were clear and there wasn't a code thrown for the MAP sensor but he said it could still not be reading right. So I bought a new sensor and put my MAF back on and looks like that was it. Sure helps to have friends that drive the same awesome trucks that we drive!! Maybe this will help someone else out down the road..

Old 02-17-2014, 11:39 PM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
So did your code always pop right up? I get it only occasionally, and it seems somewhat laggy at low RPM.

Sent from my LG using Canada Post

Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by vloney
<TABLE width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD>2003 PCED On Board Diagnostics 6.0L Diesel
</TD><TD align=right>SECTION 5: Pinpoint Tests
</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD align=right>Procedure revision date: 06/15/2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR><TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD>KA: Turbo Charger System Performance
</TD><TD width="25%" align=right> KA: Introduction </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR>

KA1 PRELIMINARY DIAGNOSIS
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Are any DTCs present?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">For DTC P132B, P2262 or P2263, GO to KA2 .

For all other DTCs, REFER to Section 4 Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Descriptions. </TD><TD width="50%">GO to KA2 . </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
KA2 CHECK THE MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE (MAP) AND BAROMETRIC PRESSURE (BARO) SIGNAL ACCURACY
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Does the MGP PID match the actual gauge pressure?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">GO to KA3 . </TD><TD width="50%">GO to Pinpoint Test E . </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
KA3 CHECK FOR INPUT SENSOR BIAS
  • [*]
  • [*]
Are the BARO and MAP PIDs within specifications and is the MAP and BARO PID values within 10 kPa (1.5 psi) of each other?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">GO to KA4 . </TD><TD width="50%">REFER to the appropriate pinpoint test to continue sensor diagnostics. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
KA4 CHECK THE TURBOCHARGER OPERATION BOOST
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Is the MGP PID below 3 kPa (0.44 psi) at 0% VGT duty cycle and above 6 kPa (.87 psi) at 85% VGT duty cycle?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">GO to KA5 . </TD><TD width="50%">GO to KA6 . </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
KA5 CHECK THE TURBOCHARGER OPERATION BACK PRESSURE
  • Key ON, engine running.
  • Using the gauge bar, access the exhaust pressure sensor port.
  • Access the PCM and monitor the, EGR DC, RPM and VGTDC PIDs.
  • Access the PCM and control the EGR DC, RPM, and VGTDC PIDs.
  • Increase the commanded engine speed to 1,200 RPM using output state control. The calibration may limit the actual RPM between 1,150 and 1,200 RPM.
  • Decrease the EGR duty cycle (EGR DC) to 0%.
  • Decrease the VGT duty cycle (VGTDC) to 0%.
  • Record the exhaust pressure from the gauge bar.
  • Increase the VGT duty cycle to 85%.
  • Decrease the VGT duty cycle to 0%.
Is the exhaust pressure gauge reading below 5 kPa (0.73 psi) at 0% VGT duty cycle and above 50 kPa (7.3 psi) at 85% VGT duty cycle?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">GO to KA7 . </TD><TD width="50%">GO to KA6 . </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
KA6 CHECK THE CHARGE AIR COOLER, AIR INTAKE AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS FOR LEAKS
  • Key in OFF position.
  • Disconnect the exhaust pressure (EP) sensor from the tube.
  • Connect the Rotunda Smoke Machine, Fuel Evaporative Emission System Tester 218-00001 (522) or equivalent to the EP sensor tube.
  • Fill the exhaust system with smoke until smoke is present at the exhaust pipe.
  • Plug the exhaust pipe.
  • Pressurize the exhaust system with 20 psi regulated air.
  • Disconnect the hose from the MAP sensor.
  • Inspect the MAP sensor hose and manifolds for damage, leaks, restrictions, and correct routing.
  • Connect the Rotunda Smoke Machine, Fuel Evaporative Emission System Tester 218-00001 (522) or equivalent to the MAP hose.
  • Fill the air intake system with smoke.
  • Plug the air filter box.
  • Pressurize the air intake system with 20 psi regulated air.
  • Check the air intake and exhaust systems for leaks.
Are any leaks present?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">REPAIR the leaks. REFER to Section 4, Performance Diagnostic Procedures if a driveability concern exists.

CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test. </TD><TD width="50%">GO to KA8 . </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
KA7 CHECK THE VGT ACTUATOR STABILITY
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Do the VGTDC and MGP PIDs remain steady at all of the RPMs?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">The turbocharger system is operating correctly. REFER to Section 4, Performance Diagnostic Procedures.

CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test. </TD><TD width="50%">GO to AK7 . </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
KA8 CHECK THE OPERATION OF THE VGT ACTUATOR
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Is any internal valve cam follower movement present when the VGT duty cycle is increased?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">GO to KA9 . </TD><TD width="50%">GO to AK2 . </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
KA9 CHECK THE VGT VANE OPERATION
  • Key in OFF position.
  • Install the VGT actuator in the turbocharger assembly.
  • Remove the pipe plug from the top of the VGT actuator housing, located near the oil supply tube.
  • Apply an index mark on the internal valve cam follower (tip of the actuator).
  • Key ON, engine running.
  • Access the PCM and control the VGTDC PID.
  • Increase the VGT duty cycle from 20% to 85%.
  • Check the internal valve cam follower for movement at each step while increasing the duty cycle.
Is any internal valve cam follower movement present in each step when the VGT duty cycle is increased?
<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%"><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">The turbocharger system is operating correctly. REFER to Section 4, Performance Diagnostic Procedures.

CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test. </TD><TD width="50%">CARRY OUT the Turbocharger Reconditioning General Procedure. REFER to the Workshop Manual Section 303-04D Fuel Charging and Controls — Turbocharger. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR>
This should help with the P132B

Old 02-18-2014, 04:24 PM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks like I will need to invest in Auto Enginuity ...

Sent from my LG using Canada Post